• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo Day of Giving

Started by M, April 12, 2016, 08:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M

http://www.valpo.edu/proudtobevalpo   Consider making your first gift, extra gift, any gift.  I'm proud to be Valpo.  Valpo gave me an opportunity to get my graduate degree in education.  I was the first to go through this particular program as a married man with a kid.  Valpo took a chance on me and I'm grateful for the opportunity everyday since.

vufan75

Done and mailed few days ago.
# ProudtobeValpo #GoValpo

vu72

If you were unaware, if you go to Valpo.edu and click on Proud to Be Valpo, you will see a continual feed from VUTV including scenes and stories from campus. Great stuff!

One thing I can report, I saw an interview with our AD who said in part ..."we have an immediate plan to enhance the ARC"  (or some such wording!) He also commented on college plans that are vague and wanted no part of it.  Not sure how that will play out but clearly our AD wants to see things changed.   :clap: :clap:

Oh, by the way, your gift today can help make that happen!!  GO VALPO!!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

M

Good post 72!  Time to put our money where I mouth is.

ValpoDad89

72, I gave a gift of $500 and it specifically directed to basketball. If I wanted to give more and by more I'm talking a couple hundred as I want to retire and am paying college tuition for one and private HS for another, how do I specify I want it to go the ARC?

vu72

Quote from: ValpoDad89 on April 12, 2016, 07:28:54 PM
72, I gave a gift of $500 and it specifically directed to basketball. If I wanted to give more and by more I'm talking a couple hundred as I want to retire and am paying college tuition for one and private HS for another, how do I specify I want it to go the ARC?
[/b]

I'd actually send an email to Mark and ask the question.  The choices I see are either to the general athletic (unrestricted) fund or to a specific sport, again, unrestricted.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

ValpoDad89

vufan75

I wonder if the immediate plan ML mentioned to enhance the ARC is the talked about Hilltop gym improvements and MBB locker room reno or something in the main gym/arena itself completely separate and above & beyond Hilltop and locker room improvements. Interesting stuff. Hope it is something new we can  talk about!

vufan75

Maybe begin a new Athletic fundraising drive specifically geared toward ARC Reno. I think our old friends (hiccup) at Butler did something like that to help fund Hinkle reno in last few years.

vufan75

Quote from: vu72 on April 12, 2016, 06:00:51 PM
If you were unaware, if you go to Valpo.edu and click on Proud to Be Valpo, you will see a continual feed from VUTV including scenes and stories from campus. Great stuff!

One thing I can report, I saw an interview with our AD who said in part ..."we have an immediate plan to enhance the ARC"  (or some such wording!) He also commented on college plans that are vague and wanted no part of it.  Not sure how that will play out but clearly our AD wants to see things changed.   :clap: :clap:

Oh, by the way, your gift today can help make that happen!!  GO VALPO!!
Which interview was it that ML mentioned "immediate plan" for ARC? I have not ran across it yet on Youtube, VUTV, etc.

VULB#62

Quote from: vu72 on April 12, 2016, 08:16:59 PM
Quote from: ValpoDad89 on April 12, 2016, 07:28:54 PM
[/b]

I'd actually send an email to Mark and ask the question.  The choices I see are either to the general athletic (unrestricted) fund or to a specific sport, again, unrestricted.

Check off men's basketball. Scroll down to the comments field and earmark the donation specifically for ARC renovation. That should do it. But as a backup, email Mark and give him a heads up.

rogerwilco

I could give a lot to the basketball program, but my experience of previously donating to VU stunk.

ValpoDad89

That sucks for all of us if that's your experience RogerWilco. It really does. But very similar to mine when I cared enough to donate to DePaul. Since I told them to basically go take a leap when I get calls now a days.