• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Keith Carter

Started by usc4valpo, March 02, 2014, 12:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classof2014

If my eyes serve me right the boot is off!

classof2014

Ickow said KC should be back for the GB game next Friday, this weekend is doubtful but is a possibility. Looking forward to getting him back, when he went down I thought that would prove difficult for this team to overcome and they have only lost once, on the road, to Green Bay, by a single point. Not bad without one of the best players on the team as well as the quarterback of the offense going down. Top-tier teams overcome big losses, we haven't just overcome the loss of KC for a month+ but we've excelled.

sliman

Class of 2014 and I heard the comment differently.  I heard that he definitely would not play this weekend and that Green Bay was a possibility.

classof2014

Quote from: sliman on February 04, 2015, 09:58:46 PM
Class of 2014 and I heard the comment differently.  I heard that he definitely would not play this weekend and that Green Bay was a possibility.

To me it sounded like it's highly doubtful he'll play on Sunday but can't be ruled out and he is probable for the Green Bay game next Friday. Ickow said he's been practicing and the boot is off, as you could see on the bench yesterday, anyways he'll be back before the regular season is over and most likely his first game back will be a big one against Green Bay. Hopefully he'll be ready and the offense can adjust to having him back running the point immediately.

talksalot

The UDM Sports Info Guy asked me last night if KC was in Bryce's doghouse as to why he wasn't playing...  When I told him the story, he said "So how many points guards do you have". ... and I said "Just  Enough."

Did anyone catch the Scholarship Phrase the students needed to log their attendance at the game?  last week was Tevonn... game before than was Alec... last night:   219.    Classic!

FWalum

Quote from: talksalot on February 05, 2015, 02:12:32 PMThe UDM Sports Info Guy asked me last night if KC was in Bryce's doghouse as to why he wasn't playing... 
Are you kidding me... The Sports Information Director should have his finger on the pulse of Horizon League basketball and he didn't know about a significant injury to one of the opponents key players???? It your JOB to be informed :banghead:
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

historyman

Quote from: talksalot on February 05, 2015, 02:12:32 PMThe UDM Sports Info Guy asked me last night if KC was in Bryce's doghouse as to why he wasn't playing...  When I told him the story, he said "So how many points guards do you have". ... and I said "Just  Enough." Did anyone catch the Scholarship Phrase the students needed to log their attendance at the game?  last week was Tevonn... game before than was Alec... last night:   219.    Classic!

I have a suggestion for Sunday. "Felder not fouled"
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

bbtds

I haven't been on the Saint Louis message board lately so I thought I would check in there. I noticed this post about Keith. It recaps the Billiken recruiting through the last few years.

Then a couple months later in Nov. 2011, Keith Carter signs. I still contend this signing made a lot of sense. Majerus values stacking several guys who could run the point. There is no doubt his departure is hurting us this season. While I don't think the kid would have been a superstar - he has started every game this season, averaged 9 ppg and has 61 assists to 34 turnovers. He is the true point guard this team is lacking and would have helped ease the transition this year. I don't blame Crews or anybody for the kid leaving. Maybe he just wanted to play for RM or was simply a tool. If he was more patient and stuck around, he would have been our starting PG for two years.

Funny how valuable Keith is now that he is contributing for Valpo. This post was before Carter went down with his toe injury.

The KC transfer is really killing us, but I don't think there was much Crews could do about that.

Keith Carter on our roster would probably be worth 2-3 more wins so far this season.

Speaking of Keith Carter........

Valpo is 14-3. They are a top 100 team.  Their two best players are Carter and Alec Peters.  One is a kid we had and the other is a recruit we missed on.

Peters would have been a great fit for a Majerus team. Valpo has played a really week schedule though. Most of their Ws have come vs. sub 200 teams.

Yes, their record is a little deceiving. They are a pretty good team though. Should present a good challenge to for Green Bay in the Horizon.

classof2014

It was a shame he went down when he did but I would say he's back to the KC of early January.

Last night he had 8 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, and 2 steals. He played great, hit the biggest shot of the night and was money from the charity stripe as well. Without KC we don't win last night. When both EVN and KC are on the court it sure is fun to watch.

justducky

Quote from: classof2014 on March 11, 2015, 09:44:47 PMIt was a shame he went down when he did but I would say he's back to the KC of early January.
I believe Keith recently referred to his game as being at 80%.  Pre championship my guess was 85 to 90%. I am not certain that early January should even be the proper starting point for comparison because his play then was so rapidly improving. Either way I am looking forward to him showing us much more in his future than he already has in his past. A fully matured 100% sounds like so much fun for the Valpo faithful!