• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo at Missouri, Mizzou Arena, Columbia, MO 5:00 p.m. CT Sunday 11/16/14

Started by bbtds, November 12, 2014, 12:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vu72

Not trying to make excuses, but the reality was that we were playing the first road game of the year, after two complete cupcakes at home.  We played six guys who were playing effectively the first real game in a Valpo uniform.  Couple that with Alec getting into very early foul trouble and there you have it.  Given all that, we were only down one at half.  What we have now is a completely different team. No comparison.

Next year there will be no such reasons for a poor performance on the road against bigger schools.  We will have the upper hand playing teams with new players trying to find their roles.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

oklahomamick

Quote from: vu72 on February 09, 2015, 09:44:36 AM
Not trying to make excuses, but the reality was that we were playing the first road game of the year, after two complete cupcakes at home.  We played six guys who were playing effectively the first real game in a Valpo uniform.  Couple that with Alec getting into very early foul trouble and there you have it.  Given all that, we were only down one at half.  What we have now is a completely different team. No comparison.

Next year there will be no such reasons for a poor performance on the road against bigger schools.  We will have the upper hand playing teams with new players trying to find their roles.

Problem I see next year is that we don't have a rim protector. 
CRUSADERS!!!

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

bbtds

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on February 09, 2015, 10:08:11 AM

they're just 85 bucks

you can get them online

or at zionsville hs

Speaking of the 7 footer from Zionsville, the Z-Eagles haven't lost since the tournament in Richmond. They have beaten HSE, Pike Twp (home of the Teagues), Brownsburg (Hayward's school & where Nored coached) and Decatur Central (the game in my backyard). Unfortunately I missed that game on Saturday because my wife had me going to one of her company dinners where I played on my phone all night.