• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Coaches' Challenge 2014-15

Started by LaPorteAveApostle, November 12, 2014, 09:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaPorteAveApostle

1) historyman 100
2) me 65
3) bbtds 45
4) beastkiller 40
5) covufan 35
6) kyle321n 10

of course, it could be argued that you shouldn't get 20 for Vashil, since it's not within 1, it IS 1, but I'll let you slide for now since you're so nitpicky.

(I always hate it when announcers say "they're within 10" when they're not WITHIN 10, they are EXACTLY 10 behind.  Someone who is WITHIN your house is not at the doorstep.)
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: historyman on January 31, 2015, 11:51:54 PMLaporte, that new baby has you too tired to do this kind of math late at night. 
Not an excuse...she was a baby during Rowdy's senior year.  Now she's a toddler, and will be 28 months next week!

...although come March, she'll have a baby brother.  *That* might be an excuse...
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

LaPorteAveApostle

Some change, but not a lot.  Someone here appears to be the actual coach :)

This has got to be the first regular season in a LONG time that we haven't had anyone average 30 mpg.

Not saying it'll stay that way, but c'mon, think of another team that didn't have a 30+ hoss...

historyman

CORRECTIONS!! (just what you wanted to hear!)

Only two corrections. historyman (yes, that's me) and covufan were only within 3 of Fernandez minutes. (24.6 to 23.4 which is not within 1) Therefore historyman's total is 85, not 100. And covufan is 35, not 50.

Totals therefore are

historyman  85
LPAA  65
bbtds  50
beastkiller  40
covufan  35
kyle321n  30

And the winner is...................

"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

LaPorteAveApostle

just figured i'd over inflate you since i deflated you last time

oklahomamick

There should have been an over/under on how many time Howard Jr. would make a shot and runaround the gym balking his head like a chicken.  It's more than Ray Jr. flexing and hitting his chest in HL championship game. 
CRUSADERS!!!

historyman

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on February 28, 2015, 06:46:30 PMjust figured i'd over inflate you since i deflated you last time

I was rechecking the minutes for Nickerson and realized I came extremely close to a 75 pointer. EVN's minutes average was actually 18.16667 (545 minutes divided by 30 games). My guess was 18.1 which means I actually only missed Nickerson's minutes by .06667 which calculates out to 2 minutes (.06667 times the 30 games EVN played in). If Evic would have begged out of one of the games just 1 minute earlier I would have got a 75 pointer instead of 20 points for EVN (544 minutes divided by 30 equals 18.13333). I would have gotten 55 more points added to my original 85 points for a total of 140 points. Some times you have to pat your own back. 
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

LaPorteAveApostle

Not only that, but if you play just a few seconds over a minute, you're credited with another minute--like cell phones circa 1994.

so you were likely only a couple seconds away...

historyman

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on March 01, 2015, 07:53:08 PMNot only that, but if you play just a few seconds over a minute, you're credited with another minute--like cell phones circa 1994. so you were likely only a couple seconds away...

That close!!

StlVUFan

Quote from: oklahomamick on March 01, 2015, 11:44:49 AM
There should have been an over/under on how many time Howard Jr. would make a shot and runaround the gym balking his head like a chicken.  It's more than Ray Jr. flexing and hitting his chest in HL championship game. 
Like me, you remember how he did that last year at the ARC, huh ;)

oklahomamick

Yes that time and the game winner against CSU.  Heck he even did it at the halftime buzzer beater shot this year at the ARC. 
CRUSADERS!!!

LaPorteAveApostle

HISTORYMAN makes, well, history, as the first Coaches' Challenge Champion!

Incredibly, he was within a minute on 5 different players--more than the total he was way off on (3).  Impressive.  I move you get a seat on the bench if one opens up.  (Hopefully it doesn't.)

There are some other interesting observations; the number in the rightmost column is how many points were scored on predicting each player.
--EVN and Max were the most points, but Vashil was the one everyone got right.
--Everyone thought Alec would play more than he did, but until the postseason he was under 30 mpg.
--Everyone also thought Jubril would play a lot more too. Good thing we're not actually the coaches, though.
--Some thought KC would play more, some less, but the injury obviously made things interesting.
--Closest to the pin was historyman, of course, on Skara--just a tenth away!  Well, not even: Skara was 19.794...

historyman

oooops & oppps (Dan & Mike). Sorry, thought the end of the regular season marked the end of the contest. That could have been rather embarrassing.  :-[