• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

UDM @ Valpo, Wednesday, 2/4/15 7:05 CST tip

Started by LaPorteAveApostle, February 02, 2015, 07:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hailcrusaders

I'll disagree -- I think we're overanalyzing. Here's why:

1. Detroit has beaten the past few games at the ARC because they outplayed us. Two years ago, we were up by 10 or 12 at the break, IIRC. I don't, however, recall a large, raucous crowd showing up at halftime that booed Detroit to a 55 point second half. The crowd was loud the whole game, we decided to stop playing D.
Last year, the score was about 58 to 56. That sure doesn't sound like an energy-feeding game to me, that sounds like a game against Wright St. in which neither team could hit the broad side of a barn.
2. The player turnover between now and two or three seasons ago has been substantial. I think Howard and Boutte were the only two to have played with Mac Jr. This isn't the same Detroit team that has beat us in past years.
3. If they do feed off of energy, why don't they win on the road more often?
4. Valpo doesn't draw *that* much many more fans than Detroit does. The atmosphere certainly is better at the ARC but I don't think it makes that much of a difference

I'll be cheering loud enough to make up for anyone sitting on their hands.
#CrusadersForever

wh

You'll be happy to know that the team won't be getting too much energy from the fans tonight. Very sparse crowd 15 min. before tipoff. Maybe 700 people. Maybe lots of last min. arrivals.

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

truth219

Our turnovers are killing us, very sloppy passes

classof2014

Vashil be like bring the chips cause I be throwing a block party!

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

truth219

True statement,  I'd prefer to covert their turnovers into points

oklahomamick

Juwain and his 3's.....He's hit some big one's against Valpo. 
CRUSADERS!!!

wh

A zone on Detroit's final possession for a wide open 3 by Howard?

govalpogo

Haven't seen any of the game, but looking at the stats it seems that all but four of their points have come by way of the 3!  And they have not attempted a FT.  Quite unique! 

wh

We expended a lot of energy guarding quicker people. Bass is returning. Hope we don't have another UIC 2nd half. When is KC coming back again?

a3uge

I'm sorry but what is Bryce thinking leaving Nickerson in to run the point?

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

What the hell, 2nd half not looking good.  They have more energy on both ends of the field. 
CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

I don't like them hanging around 5pts with 4 minutes to go. 
CRUSADERS!!!

govalpogo

Always like to beat Detroit!  Too many TO's tonight, but getting the W is what counts, well done.

VUfan

classof2014

When the season began many wondered who would score when Alec doesn't. Both Tevonn and Darien have stepped up huge and have been catalysts on offense as well as on defense. Not bad when Alec is overshadowed and still has 12 points, 10 boards, 4 assists, and 2 steals.

SanityLost17

Nickerson = Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

You just never know what you are going to get when he touches the ball.  Sometimes amazing things happen, but then... 
We are going to need him to play better on Sunday.  If this had been Oakland, we would not have been able to survive all of those turnovers and sloppy plays that interrupted the flow of the offense.

I have a lot of respect for Kampe, I am curious to see what his defensive scheme will be against us.  We have seen a wide variety since Carter went down with injury, and for the most part, we have found a way to win UGLY.       

oklahomamick

This sets up a big game against Oakland.  I hate to say it, but Kempe is the best in the league.  He will be prepared to stop our point guardless offense.  I wonder if they are going back to Oakland from Chicago or heading over to Valpo? 
CRUSADERS!!!

LaPorteAveApostle

We. Are. Clutch:  Ended the game hitting our last 8 shots (2 3s) and 11 of our last 12.

Not every day the other team gets 12 more shots off, hits 4 more 3s, only is -4 on FTs...and loses by 8.

Nice to see the Jekyll Darien Walker too.  He doesn't show and we lose, with only 1 Walker and 1/2 a Peters to counter with...
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

vu84v2

Besides great efforts from both Walkers, kudos to Bryce for switching to an extended zone.  Detroit took a long time to adjust to it and that made the difference from a 4 point deficit to a 7 point lead.

HC

Has Detroit never seen a zone before? If not, that's probably all they will see the rest of the year.

Also, I have now seen enough of Vashil dribbling to last me a good long while!

bbtds

OVER

UDM is dead for the season

that's a morgue marking.