• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Oakland @ Valpo - Sunday 2/8/15, 2PM CT

Started by covufan, February 06, 2015, 11:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

covufan

Note time change to 2 PM.  First chance to separate ourselves from the logjam with 2 losses.  I expect this game to be intense.

Valpo    77
Oakland 63

vu72

Valpo by 6.79, 80.10    Oakland 73.31!!

(Sagarins!!)  Valpo now ranked 68th versus Oakland's 154.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

aleavitt

Just wanted to provide some clarification on Sunday's broadcast, given that there was some confusion with last Saturday's game.  Sunday's game, like the UIC game Saturday, will be an American Sports Network broadcast, available in the Chicago area on Comcast SportsNet Chicago Plus.  Many regional sports networks nationwide will be carrying it as well - a full list is attached as a PDF to the story I just posted on the Valpo Athletics website.  Also, the web streaming should be available to all as well.

covufan

Quote from: aleavitt on February 06, 2015, 12:22:39 PM
Just wanted to provide some clarification on Sunday's broadcast, given that there was some confusion with last Saturday's game.  Sunday's game, like the UIC game Saturday, will be an American Sports Network broadcast, available in the Chicago area on Comcast SportsNet Chicago Plus.  Many regional sports networks nationwide will be carrying it as well - a full list is attached as a PDF to the story I just posted on the Valpo Athletics website.  Also, the web streaming should be available to all as well.
I could not get the web streaming to work last weekend.  Was it available then as well? 

Kyle321n

Quote from: covufan on February 06, 2015, 12:38:43 PM
I could not get the web streaming to work last weekend.  Was it available then as well?
I believe they cleared it up on Monday. There were Wright State and Green Bay fans on Twitter grousing about it until about half time when it seemed everyone had the game.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

StlVUFan

We get ASN here in St. Louis on Charter (it identifies on the screen as KDNL 30.2).  It's been fine for me, so that I haven't had to use the webstream.

VUfan

Hard Game if Valpo controls  Felder and keeps him off the stripe, forces them to shoot from outside and keeps their center from rebounding we should enjoy the game. Tight Tight!!! then being on  Wisconsin.  Were the gov wants to eliminate seeking the truth as a goal for the university, he always had had a tough time with that or is it telling the truth. ;D
VU 77 OU 71

bbtds

Thanks, aaron.

For those in Indy I discovered the game is on WRTV 6.2. One of the ABC station's alternate channels. I flip it over to the system that substituted for rabbit ears about 10 years back. That system has come in handy a few times but I don't know how to get it to the dvr.

Kyle321n

[tweet]563170089248522240[/tweet]

Out inside defense is slightly better than UIC's so I don't think he'll go off for 34 and 13 (6 oreb what?). Last game we held him to the 2nd worst oRtg of the conference season and his worst shooting performance of the year. He's gotten "fat" off UIC and YSU, I think it's time to give him a Vashil diet.

Also I predict that Felder won't shoot 24 FTs this game. Just a hunch but if Felder has 24 total shots (2s+3s+FTs) he doesn't hit 17 of them.

Should be a great game and I would predict it comes down to the final possessions. Hopefully Valpo hits FTs down the stretch.

agibson

Was this game listed as ESPN3 until quite recently? 

ESPN3's bar was pretty low last time out, hopefully these American Sports Net guys can at least clear that...

(Hedging my bets, I might go in person for the first hour, but can't stay for the whole thing... I'm still sore about waiting days for the archive to appear for the UIC game.  Before realizing it was never going to happen.)

oklahomamick

Vegas had us favored in the last match and we lost in OT.  I'm sure we will be favored in this one too.  Oakland always plays us tight.  This might come down to the last couple possessions.  I'm interested to see what Alec does.  Last time Oakland had an athlete on Alec and he disappeared.  Last game Keith played well against Oakland and obviously he's not suiting up Sunday.  This is scary because there's no room for error in the standings. 
CRUSADERS!!!

valpo4life

I say we come out and shove Kampe's strategy from the first meeting right back in his face. They went at Alec multiple times in the beginning of the game to attempt to get him in foul trouble. I'd love to see us take whoever Felder is guarding and post them up continually. It would be a mismatch no matter who he is guarding.

Kyle321n

Well I convinced my parents to come out to the game from St. John today. The only time my Dad went to a game they won (@UIC last week). The only time my Mom went to a game they also won (it was a Tuesday in March against Wright St. something about a significant game...)

With both of them in the stands there's no way we lose now right?

There are only 132 lower "bowl" tickets left right now and the first 13 rows of section CC are sold out. AA, BB and DD have 3 rows from each sold. Should be a 4000+ crowd on Sunday if the weather holds out. Looks like 40s and rain in the morning and at night. No reason that should keep you inside if you live within 90 minutes of the ARC.

78crusader

Someone mentioned earlier that we are favored by 7...that is nice, but--

Oakland could start Potsie and Ralph from Happy Days and it would STILL be a 2-point game with a minute to play.  Just about every single game with them is close.

Paul

Grizz

Thought you might be interested in our coaches view of the game. I think he mentions Postie will guard Peters. Interesting that no Valpoites have come over to our board like before last game with scheduling questions or bets on Valpo finishing ahead of us in the standings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIjdyZqXuv0

vusupporter

Corey Petros career against Valpo: 5 games, 16-of-50 from the floor, 12-of-50 shots blocked, 11-of-23 free throws.

valpotx

Quote from: vusupporter on February 06, 2015, 11:15:17 PM
Corey Petros career against Valpo: 5 games, 16-of-50 from the floor, 12-of-50 shots blocked, 11-of-23 free throws.

Thank you, this is what I have been saying all along.  I don't watch Oakland play other games, and all he has done is blow chunks on the court against Valpo.  I don't care about Oakland's record versus Valpo in those games, I am only talking about how Petros looks against Valpo, that is my sample size.  This will be his last chance to change my opinion, as even though he ends up with large rebound stats, he looks anemic on offense against Valpo, like a little Lost Boy scared to go at the basket.  So, Mister RA pgmado, let's see if he proves me wrong based on what I have SEEN of him, in games I care about (Oakland vs, Valpo, not Oakland versus the rest of the HL).

Valpo 79
Oakland 66
"Don't mess with Texas"

a3uge

Quote from: Grizz on February 06, 2015, 10:24:10 PM

Thought you might be interested in our coaches view of the game. I think he mentions Postie will guard Peters. Interesting that no Valpoites have come over to our board like before last game with scheduling questions or bets on Valpo finishing ahead of us in the standings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIjdyZqXuv0

Man, get over yourself. You seem incapable of making a post on our board without being inflammatory and childish. If Oakland wins the horizon, they'll be a 15 or 16 seed. This is why your scheduling is terrible. Do you have a winning record yet? Nobody has changed their mind on this.

vu84v2

Oakland is a well-coached team and has been playing well.  In my view, this is a tougher game than many Valpo fans might be expecting.  Valpo will need solid performances against Green Bay and Oakland to setup a chance to win the regular season.

Valpo 76 Oakland 72

vu72

We'll just have to wait another day to see how well Petri does, or is it Pathos, or, maybe...Pernicious??  Better ask Coach Kampe.

Tickets moving well. Now 125 left in the lower "bowl".
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

crusadermoe

Just a few rows sold in the upper level?   One of the better rivals in the Horizon and tied at the top.     I will never understand. 

truth219

Valpo doesn't pack em in. Few good crowds here and there, but most of the time the upper decks is less than half full

bbtds

Quote from: 78crusader on February 06, 2015, 10:15:51 PMOakland could start Potsie and Ralph from Happy Days and it would STILL be a 2-point game with a minute to play.  Just about every single game with them is close.

I couldn't believe Coach Kampe wanted us for the Valpo game. He said there is nobody he wanted more and it didn't matter what crimes we had committed. Oakland was going to enroll us because it's a public school--athletes may have high grades--he can't help that--but anyone can enroll! It's amazing! Even Fonzie could play--even though he is still selling criminally low valued reverse mortgages.