• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Oakland @ Valpo - Sunday 2/8/15, 2PM CT

Started by covufan, February 06, 2015, 11:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpopal

I keep forgetting Skara is only a freshman who will get better and stronger. David has looked more comfortable and moved smoothly with the ball in recent games, which is why I took the photo below. I look forward to his contributions next year as well, especially since he seems to be a player who absorbs information through experience and will develop with time on the court. Like almost all the players on this team, next year they will have had the advantage of playing beside one another, and there will be even more cohesiveness as time goes on. The talent on this team among just our freshmen and sophomores is impressive.

While we wait for the Oakland game, I have posted at the following link a gallery of photos from the Detroit game for all to enjoy: https://www.flickr.com/photos/96208998@N05/sets/72157650672879785/

bbtds

Quote from: IndyValpo on February 08, 2015, 05:42:07 AM
For those of us in central Indiana, this game will be on MyIndy TV 23.

Thanks so much! That's much better than 6.2.

hailcrusaders

Quote from: vu72 on February 08, 2015, 08:31:07 AM
Quote from: Valpofan00 on February 07, 2015, 06:32:58 PM
How many seats are there left overall? I see BB is doing well...

I just counted 90 seats left in the combined lower level.  There are 2000 seats in the lower level and 500 seats fro students.  So, if 500 kids come that gets the attendance to 2500 with zero folks upstairs.  The upstairs seats total 3000. All the walk-ups will be seated upstairs and there are several seats sold already.  If the weather is good (current forecast calls for 40 and a few showers starting mostly after the game is underway), I'd say 4000-4500 is clearly in reach.

Don't count on 500 students for a tipoff at hangover-o-clock. Hope I'm wrong though.
#CrusadersForever

SanityLost17

Valpo is to Oakland as Butler is to Valpo.  One of the big reasons Valpo was able to go on a streak against Butler those last few years is because we brought a lot of energy and emotion to the series.  That is the way Oakland is with Valpo.  Kampe puts an exclamation mark next to this game early in the season and his players are ready. Five minutes in to the last game it was, what, 18-3 in favor of Oakland?  We need to match their emotion early in the game. 

I agree with Paul about Kampe, I do think that this board is a little hard on him.  He is one of the best coaches in the league.  he has a lot of experience, he obviously cares about his players, and he wins close games (well, against Valpo, anyway).  However, I think that is alright to be hard on him and his team, because this is a fan message board and this is a rivalry.  I think the Oakland message board needs to start seeing this as a compliment that this series is meaningful and emotional.  A little ill-will between teams/fans makes things more fun and exciting!     

a3uge

Quote from: bbtds on February 08, 2015, 09:46:38 AM
Quote from: IndyValpo on February 08, 2015, 05:42:07 AM
For those of us in central Indiana, this game will be on MyIndy TV 23.

Thanks so much! That's much better than 6.2.

Awesome.

valpotx

Man, of all of the different networks around the nation, and the American Sports Network only has 1 partnership in the huge @$$ state of Texas, yet 5-6 in Montana?  That, and it is only some station that does Waco/Temple/Bryan?  That sucks!  Hopefully it will actually work online today!
"Don't mess with Texas"

valporun

Probably can't get passed the clutches of the Longhorn Network in Texas, plus, doesn't Jerry Jones own Dallas anyway? Probably tough to get any kind of sales pitch in Dallas networks around UT and JJ.

sliman

Perhaps it's the cloudy skies, but I don't feel good about today's game.  Not ready to predict a score, but hope for a W by any margin.  I'm particularly worried about stopping both Felder and Petros, something we couldn't do last time.

As for attendance, I'll be shocked if we get 4,000 -- and the game merits more than that.  Also, the student section won't seat 500 when the Pep Band takes a fourth of the section -- and merits it!

Valpofan00

Quote from: sliman on February 08, 2015, 12:43:57 PM
Perhaps it's the cloudy skies, but I don't feel good about today's game.  Not ready to predict a score, but hope for a W by any margin.  I'm particularly worried about stopping both Felder and Petros, something we couldn't do last time.

As for attendance, I'll be shocked if we get 4,000 -- and the game merits more than that.  Also, the student section won't seat 500 when the Pep Band takes a fourth of the section -- and merits it!
We'll for sure get 4,000

valpotx

Hate to jinx it, but the 'Watch Live' link appears to actually bring up a feed this time...so far, so good
"Don't mess with Texas"

truth219

a3uge

"...here in Northeast Indiana"

Uh, correct state, I guess?

rink

Game is being televized in glorious HD on channel My 24 in Milwaukee. Pleasant surprise.

nkvu

Anybody else having problems with the audio?  Coming in with a bad echo. Picture is fine.

rink

A couple failed fast break chances already in the first 4 minutes. Ugly stuff. Why does this team always look like the sloppiest team in the NCAA whenever I watch?

oklahomamick

K. Fielder first free throw at 13:20 was the biggest flop!!!!!
CRUSADERS!!!

rink

Quote from: a3uge on February 08, 2015, 02:08:30 PM
"...here in Northeast Indiana"

Uh, correct state, I guess?

The first time, I figured slip of the tongue.  Then he said it again 10 minutes later.  Terrible.

We'd be better off with him saying Northeast Illinois.

oklahomamick

Bad turnover by Peters led to a real foul sending K.Felder to the line for his 3rd and 4th free throws.  Play before that, K. Felder took it to the rim and Kempe yelling, "that's a foul!" for the past couple minutes. 
CRUSADERS!!!

kerrywoodwins20

Not a very clean half after that start. Better come out with some intensity. Getting swept by Oakland would be embarrassing as hell.

oklahomamick

I liked our 10-11 point lead we had earlier but will settle with 6 halftime. 
CRUSADERS!!!

rink

After my gripe about the miscues in the first 4 minutes, I thought it was pretty good basketball for the rest of the half.  We look like the better team.  Feels like we should have been up by 10 all half, even when the lead was half that.  Not very comfortable with the 6 point lead, hopefully we can finish this out.

vu84v2

Surprised to only be up 6 at the half.  Shot 59% and 50% from three, didn't turn the ball over (though could rebound better). Bryce switching to zone didn't really work well, but you have to give credit to Daniels for hitting the shots.  Nickerson and Skara playing very well.  Darien's aggressiveness is generally great, but he forced a few too many shots in the half. Not too worried about Peters only having 2, since he has being constantly double-teamed and, for the most part, Valpo is moving the ball and getting it to the open man who then hits the shot.

wh

The reason were not up by double figures is all about the unexpected contribution of Daniels. His 3-3's and 2 FT's are what is keeping them in the game. Hopefully, he comes back down to earth. He was the x-factor in game-1 as well.

kerrywoodwins20

What kinda effort is this out of the timeout? We realize this team beat us already, right? Show some pride!

kerrywoodwins20

Can't win a basketball game playing with 0 heart, intensity, or defense. Gutless effort here at home in a revenge spot.