• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

How many FT's for Felder against Valpo on Sunday?

Started by historyman, February 07, 2015, 10:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many FT's will Felder shoot against Valpo on Sunday?

0 to 6
2 (11.8%)
7 to 9
5 (29.4%)
10 to 12
4 (23.5%)
13 to 15
3 (17.6%)
16 to 18
0 (0%)
19 to 21
0 (0%)
22 or more
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: February 08, 2015, 10:22:39 PM

historyman

How many FT's will Felder shoot against Felder on Sunday?

I will try to remember to lock the voting before I leave for the game on Sunday.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

wh

Just a guess, but I picked 9. He has only had double digit FT attempts in 5 games (24,12,10,10,10).  That said, he's bound to get his share of attempts.  He's a very skilled player, has the ball in his hands constantly, and is on the court for basically 40 minutes.   

Kyle321n

Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

vu84v2

I would say 8.  I think that Valpo will play good defense and will be leading coming down the stretch.  Both of these will keep his free throws in single digits.

a3uge

Divided by 2.

Then subtract 5.

Then subtract two more.

HC

What is the most attempts for a guy not named Felder against Valpo this year?

bbtds

A big part of this game is how many free throws will Oakland shoot as a team and how many fouls will Valpo be called for as a team. Two guys that have not had as much foul trouble lately are Peters and Tavonn, although Alec has had early foul trouble in early season games. If the foul calls stay fairly even or in Valpo's favor Valpo wins this game.

Another key is how many times will Vashil get fouled and how many of his free throws will he make. 

wh

Quote from: HC on February 08, 2015, 11:17:41 AM
What is the most attempts for a guy not named Felder against Valpo this year?

Opposing players
1. Felder 24
2. Riley ETs 15
3. Harris UIC 12
4. a handful with 7 (122 of 125 opposing starting players <=7)

historyman

Voting is now locked. Good luck!

If you want to express your vote through a post that is fine too.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

LaPorteAveApostle

Felder @ Oakland:  24 FTs

Felder @ Valpo:  4 FTs

...any questions?
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valporun

How is easy it is to get to the free throw line with home cookin'.

oklahomamick

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on February 08, 2015, 04:04:05 PM
Felder @ Oakland:  24 FTs

Felder @ Valpo:  4 FTs

...any questions?

His first two Ft's came from a big flop.  There was another flop when he attempted to take a charge from one of the Walkers.  The spill he had at half court with E. Victor should have been a foul on him.  The next possession, E.Victor took the charge from him and justice was served. 

K. Felder is really good and only a sophomore.  He might win POY this year.  If not him, who? 
CRUSADERS!!!

HC

valpotx

It's like I said after we played at Oakland, that Felder INITIATED unnecessary contact all game, and was rewarded with BS calls.  No such luck at Valpo, where he tried the same crap, and was 1 for 2 in getting it called in his favor.  He is a good player, but that referee crew at Oakland was manipulated into calling many fouls that should have been offensive.  If you extend your arm to push the defender off a few feet, it is supposed to be an offensive foul.
"Don't mess with Texas"

Kyle321n

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 08, 2015, 05:19:02 PM
K. Felder is really good and only a sophomore.  He might win POY this year.  If not him, who? 

I don't know about you guys, but I think I found my POY.

Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

classof2014

What I like about Alec is his shot selection. If the chances aren't there he doesn't take them. If he wants to he can chuck up 10-15 shots a game and aver about 20, similar to Juwan Howard. Instead he plays smart knows that teams will guard him heavily which gives our offense easier looks at the basket. He had 11 points on only 4 shots, and 1 3, he had 9 rebounds and does everything at a high-level.

I agree that he should be POY but it'll go to Sykes because the voting committee seems to have green colored goggles on. Alec will just get HL tourney MVP to make up for it.