• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

VU @ UWM Sunday 2/15 1pm tip

Started by talksalot, February 13, 2015, 10:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talksalot

OK, but now you've finished your Dickey's BBQ post game meal.  Now about this Milwaukee team that is 7-3 at home. (0-11 on the road).  One at a time guys!  One at a Time.

oklahomamick

This will be a difficult game.  Not only on their home court but because they are getting hot.
CRUSADERS!!!

valpotx

Valpo 69
Milwaukee 62

It will be a grinder, but I don't think that Milwaukee has someone that can guard Peters like WSU, CSU, and GB have been able to do.  He shows his true talent again in this game.
"Don't mess with Texas"

Valpofan00

Will we finally see Keith this game??

historyman

Quote from: Valpofan00 on February 13, 2015, 11:48:38 PMWill we finally see Keith this game??

I think Keith truly thought he was going to be ready for the Green Bay game but the time on the sideline didn't match with the normal down time. I still believe Keith will be back around the fourth week in February which is either the WSU game at home or the game at Detroit.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

HC

Valpo by a dozen. I'm excited to get to go to this game and the party before hand. Hoping this little storm we are having this morning doesn't drop too much snow on us.

78-66

a3uge

usc4valpo

Valpo by 2 - and I say this with a glass half full. A definite trap game. They cannot come out and play like they did against UIC.

Valpo89

I think Bryce - and the team - are too smart to be "tricked" by the overly-used and relatively new term "trap game."

talksalot

If recent history holds true... the louder fan base will be from Valpo.   Last year the concession line in Milwaukee at halftime looked like Section C and H from the ARC !  Certainly a hometown feel.

classof2014

Over the past few seasons Valpo has played well in Milwaukee. We are by far the better team in terms of talent, coaching, execution. Basically all aspects of the game. But the game is on the road after we just won the biggest game of the season, to this point. I hope Valpo comes out fired up realizing the opportunity they have in front of them to win the conference.

Valpo wins 75 to 63

crusaderjoe

Quote from: usc4valpo on February 14, 2015, 09:47:54 AM
Valpo by 2 - and I say this with a glass half full. A definite trap game. They cannot come out and play like they did against UIC.

Agreed, in many ways this is the classic trap game considering that UWM is 5-0 in their last five conference home games.  But then again it's not really a trap if everyone knows its a trap, too. 

I'm really interested in seeing how this team responds tomorrow.  Honestly, I think we'll respond fine.  1 game cushions are nice, but the great thing about last night's win IMO is that if UWGB wins the league, we can only blame ourselves instead of pinning indirect blame on Jerry Slocum for not being able to hold a lead.  I think we'll continue the process of closing tomorrow.

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: crusaderjoe on February 14, 2015, 11:51:51 AMBut then again it's not really a trap if everyone knows its a trap, too. 
let's ask the expert then

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

crusadermoe

Many factors will perk them up and avoid the trap game.    Good group of VU fans.   Daytime game with chance to get home and enjoy the night.   Just feels like a win by 10+   Wright State is the trap game.   Week night against an underdog.  They're also studying ahead for tests so they can leave early on break. .

a3uge

Are we sending a student bus to this game? Always loved seeing 60-70 Valpo students to their 5.

humbleopinion

Quote from: crusadermoe on February 14, 2015, 11:57:57 AM
Many factors will perk them up and avoid the trap game.    Good group of VU fans.   Daytime game with chance to get home and enjoy the night.   Just feels like a win by 10+   Wright State is the trap game.   Week night against an underdog.  They're also studying ahead for tests so they can leave early on break. .

???  We play Wright State at home next Saturday, the 21st.
Beamin' Beacons

agibson

Quote from: a3uge on February 14, 2015, 12:03:12 PM
Are we sending a student bus to this game? Always loved seeing 60-70 Valpo students to their 5.

There's one, or more, alumni buses.  Not sure about students - I've not noticed anything on campus.  But, I'm not quite sure how the student section is organized this year.  I  hear their announcements for the scholarship competition, but I'm not sure beyond that.

HC

No student bus...one fan bus going. I'm driving myself. Anyone else going to the pre game party?

valpospartan

Quote from: HC on February 14, 2015, 02:33:36 PM
No student bus...one fan bus going. I'm driving myself. Anyone else going to the pre game party?

:thumbsup:

Valpofan00

There's a fan bus?

vu72

Quote from: Valpofan00 on February 14, 2015, 06:42:15 PM
There's a fan bus?

Has been in the past.  Nice, short ride, lunch and chance to meet with Homer et al.  Well worth it
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VULB#62

Where is the party?  I'm coming down in the late morning from Sheboygan.

usc4valpo

I think it is awesome they have a bus trip scheduled.  That would be a great time. And have a beer and sandwich at the Brat Stop on the way back...

HC

Still is...nots use how it works. I think our tickets are for the party and the game. Could've paid a bit more for the bus ride too.