• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

VU @ UWM Sunday 2/15 1pm tip

Started by talksalot, February 13, 2015, 10:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agibson

Quote from: a3uge on February 14, 2015, 08:33:39 PM
Quote from: VULB#62 on February 14, 2015, 08:21:08 PM
Where is the party?  I'm coming down in the late morning from Sheboygan.

It used to be here:

http://urbanmilwaukee.com/2013/06/07/house-confidential-andy-nunemakers-playboy-mansion/

Fun!  I didn't realize what a place it was, or what an interesting youngish alum was the host.  Good of him to open it up.

wh

bbtds

Quote from: agibson on February 14, 2015, 02:10:32 PM
Quote from: a3uge on February 14, 2015, 12:03:12 PM
Are we sending a student bus to this game? Always loved seeing 60-70 Valpo students to their 5.

There's one, or more, alumni buses.  Not sure about students - I've not noticed anything on campus.  But, I'm not quite sure how the student section is organized this year.  I  hear their announcements for the scholarship competition, but I'm not sure beyond that.

From Alumni Association:

Good evening everyone!

Unfortunately the weather isn't cooperating with us to have everyone go see the Crusaders take on UW-Milwaukee.  Our bus company has told us that they do not feel safe driving up to Milwaukee tomorrow.  Therefore, we needed to cancel the bus leaving from Valpo. 

You are more than welcome to drive up to the Nunuemaker residence for the pregame reception and are more than welcome to watch the game.  However, we are unable to charter the bus.

We of course will refund you either the entire cost of the trip or the cost of the bus ride if you do choose to attend the event anyway.

Stay Warm!

Alumni Relations Staff

Details of Valpo Club of Milwaukee Game and Pre-Game Reception

talksalot

LATEST UPDATE - WE ARE IN A REALLY BAD SNOW STORM.  FROM THE VALPO ALUMNI PAGE:
PLEASE NOTE: The bus to the Milwaukee event has been cancelled due to inclement weather.   

Online registration is now closed. Please call 219.464.5142 for event and bus registration availability. For ticket availability, please call the UW-Milwaukee box office at 414-229-5886, and ask to be seated near the Valparaiso block of tickets. 

The Valpo Club of Milwaukee invites you to cheer on the Crusaders with alumni and friends as they take on the Panthers of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

11-12:30 p.m. CT – Pre-Game Reception
The Residence of Andy Nunemaker '91
2221 N Terrace Ave
Milwaukee, Wisc.

1 p.m. CT- Game
UWM Panther Arena
400 W Kilborn Ave
Milwaukee, Wisc.

Gather before the game for a pep rally and all-American breakfast buffet, which includes bacon, turkey sausage, scrambled eggs, seasoned potatoes, toast, fruit, juice, yogurt, assorted breakfast pastries, and mini caprese sandwiches. Thanks to the generosity of Andy Nunemaker, an open bar will also be available.

Need a ride to the game? A bus will [not] depart from the ARC, Union Street entrance.  The bus will depart for Milwaukee at 7:30 a.m. CT, and begin its return 30 minutes after the game from the main entrance of UWM Panther Arena.

Ticket prices are:

$55-bus, reception, and game
$25-reception and game
$15-reception only
$10-game only

A shuttle bus will also be available to and from the game for those who wish to leave their car at Andy's house.

HC

I'm planning on still driving up there in the morning. My wife says we are going to have to check on weather and road conditions when we wake up. I just can't let all that bacon, eggs, and everything else go to waste.

historyman

Quote from: HC on February 14, 2015, 11:30:15 PMI'm planning on still driving up there in the morning. My wife says we are going to have to check on weather and road conditions when we wake up. I just can't let all that bacon, eggs, and everything else go to waste.

Never let an excellent party go to waste!  Can I wear my 1960's flip flops?
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

agibson

In my corner of Valpo the snow's not too bad.  3 inches?  No plows yet.

The radar made it look like accumulation might vary significantly even within town.

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

vusupporter

Guessing the bus got canceled since the bus company is based out of the South Bend area.

agibson

That would do it.  Looks like things were pretty serious that way, DHS red advisories, etc.

Porter's in orange, but I'm guessing that's for the N and NE.

VULB#62

a3uge

I already want to punch these announcers and the game hasn't started. These guys are the worst in the Horizon. Made a swipe about Valpo's brown.

wh

Couldn't have planned a slower start.  Time to wake up.

vu84v2

I am not sure that it is physically or celestially possible for the offense to be more sluggish. Move the ball...move without the ball!

wh

T. Walker and AP are going to have to become more aggressive on offense.  Scorers have to score.

wh

New worst announcer ever.  Perpetual whiner.  Focused on nothing but the officiating.  Complaining about this "new" official, as if they got some guy out of the stands and gave him a whistle.  Where's the color commentator so this idiot can rest his voice?

oklahomamick

I don't remember the last time we were down at halftime.
CRUSADERS!!!

vu84v2

Not sure what is worse so far - Milwaukee's announcer or how Valpo played.  Just sluggish with no real momentum or energy on offense. Zone at the end of the half seemed to confuse Milwaukee, so perhaps we'll see more zone in the second as Valpo tries to wedge out a 50-49 win.  Darn ugly so far.

rink

Bryce not taking a timeout there to set up the final possession of the half was piss poor coaching, imo. We are so sloppy and disorganized this game.

vu84v2

No idea why you felt Bryce not calling a timeout was bad coaching.  He did not have one to give.  Valpo got an open three from Peters - not sure what more you could hope for.

Rob Jeter not ordering his team to foul on that last possession was bad coaching, since Milwaukee only had 5 fouls. Wish Peters had made that three.

a3uge

First time I've heard complaints about Bryce NOT burning timeouts in first half.

a3uge

Need to force more "block charges" in the 2nd half, get to the line.

rink

What do you mean he did not have one to give?

Yeah, we ended up with a good look. Complete luck stone that hasn't been the norm all game. And still it was a deep three at the end of a helter skelter possession. I saw it as very important we put forth our best chance at closing the half time gap to 3 or 2.

wh

Quote from: vu84v2 on February 15, 2015, 01:50:49 PM
Not sure what is worse so far - Milwaukee's announcer or how Valpo played.  Just sluggish with no real momentum or energy on offense. Zone at the end of the half seemed to confuse Milwaukee, so perhaps we'll see more zone in the second as Valpo tries to wedge out a 50-49 win.  Darn ugly so far.
My frustration with the new worst announcer is no doubt influenced by my frustration with our listless play.  If we come back and take control of the game in the 2nd half, I'm sure the mindless babbling will bother me far less.  ;)