• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Wright State @ Valpo 2/21/15 7:05pm Senior Night @ the ARC

Started by talksalot, February 16, 2015, 07:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle321n

So obviously Vashil and Chadwick start tomorrow. But who joins them? Obviously Alec will join them, but the main question will be which Walker and which PG? I'd like to see it be Tevonn and KC. Then after you give Chadwick his mandatory 5 minutes of run bring in Darien and EVic. I want to see KC, Alec and Tevonn on the court as much as necessary, which might only be 20-25 minutes but I'd like to see KC get a good 20 minutes with the main starters.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

covufan

Quote from: Kyle321n on February 20, 2015, 09:49:41 AMSo obviously Vashil and Chadwick start tomorrow.

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 20, 2015, 10:17:43 AMSo obviously Vashil and Chadwick start tomorrow.

Is Chadwick even healthy?  I don't think Chadwick would start, even if healthy.  I do think that if he is healthy enough to play, he'll get minutes at the end of the game, if at all possible.

Kyle321n

Quote from: covufan on February 20, 2015, 10:28:47 AM
Quote from: Kyle321n on February 20, 2015, 09:49:41 AMSo obviously Vashil and Chadwick start tomorrow.
Is Chadwick even healthy?  I don't think Chadwick would start, even if healthy.  I do think that if he is healthy enough to play, he'll get minutes at the end of the game, if at all possible.

He's been dressed the last 2 games so I would assume he'd be healthy. As for him starting this is something Bryce does for the seniors on senior night. Last season Capobianco and Coleman started when they hadn't started since November 20th and January 10th respectively. Hell Coleman played an average of 11 minutes the previous 6 games before getting 22 minutes on Senior night. I think Bryce gives them a little "playing time" pat on the back tomorrow.

covufan

Quote from: Kyle321n on February 20, 2015, 10:35:52 AM

He's been dressed the last 2 games so I would assume he'd be healthy. As for him starting this is something Bryce does for the seniors on senior night. Last season Capobianco and Coleman started when they hadn't started since November 20th and January 10th respectively. Hell Coleman played an average of 11 minutes the previous 6 games before getting 22 minutes on Senior night. I think Bryce gives them a little "playing time" pat on the back tomorrow.
Yeah, but both those players were going to get their minutes - Bryce just made a decision to give them some minutes at the start of the game.  Vashil has been starting, so I'd expect him to start.  Chadwick has not been getting minutes, but I would expect Bryce to give him a chance to spell Vashil, briefly in the first half, then maybe at the end of the game, if possible.  If the game is too close, he won't get much of a chance to play.  I don't foresee this being a problem - he'll get some good end of game minutes.

vu72

Quote from: covufan on February 20, 2015, 10:47:12 AM
Quote from: Kyle321n on February 20, 2015, 10:35:52 AM

Yeah, but both those players were going to get their minutes - Bryce just made a decision to give them some minutes at the start of the game.  Vashil has been starting, so I'd expect him to start.  Chadwick has not been getting minutes, but I would expect Bryce to give him a chance to spell Vashil, briefly in the first half, then maybe at the end of the game, if possible.  If the game is too close, he won't get much of a chance to play.  I don't foresee this being a problem - he'll get some good end of game minutes.
[/b]

I think he starts.  You don't "honor" a guy by giving him some end of game minutes.  I really don't expect much of a game from WSU as supposedly they are starting walk-ons.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

wh

First place is on the line, no 1 seed, hosting the tournament - all on line. What if wee lose this game and then swan dive like the Cory/BWood team?  Chadwick hasn't played in how many games?  How much did he play when he did play? How would starting him affect team chemistry and normal rotations?  What if we get down by 10 right off the bat and give WSU confidence they wouldn't have had?  Every team has 1 best game. What if this is WSU's best game?  Play him at the end of the game - if it's meaningless to the outcome - period.

covufan

The start may mean something to the player.  I think that end of game minutes, with a last second substitution to an ovation from the crowd, would be more of a memory maker, emotions and all.

wh

Quote from: wh on February 20, 2015, 11:10:23 AM
First place is on the line, no 1 seed, hosting the tournament - all on line. What if wee lose this game and then swan dive like the Cory/BWood team?  Chadwick hasn't played in how many games?  How much did he play when he did play? How would starting him affect team chemistry and normal rotations?  What if we get down by 10 right off the bat and give WSU confidence they wouldn't have had?  Every team has 1 best game. What if this is WSU's best game?  Play him at the end of the game - if it's meaningless to the outcome - period.

Just re-read my post and don't like the tone. Sounds too much like my opinion is the final word on the matter. My apologies if I offended anyone, especially my friend '72.  :)

justducky

Quote from: wh on February 20, 2015, 11:10:23 AMFirst place is on the line, no 1 seed, hosting the tournament - all on line. What if wee lose this game and then swan dive like the Cory/BWood team?  Chadwick hasn't played in how many games?  How much did he play when he did play? How would starting him affect team chemistry and normal rotations?  What if we get down by 10 right off the bat and give WSU confidence they wouldn't have had?  Every team has 1 best game. What if this is WSU's best game?
Take a deep, deep breath and relaaaxxxx. If we can not spot this WSU team a 6 point lead and still win then I would rate our chances for a tourney championship as very slim.

My opinion--- if Chadwick can walk then Chadwick will start.

HC

Doesn't Bryce usually get the seniors a start earlier in the year?  I bet he doesn't start and we might not even see him if the game is close.

VUfan

VU 78 WSU 64 Chadwick Starts We play with class and win!  :)

Kyle321n

Quote from: HC on February 20, 2015, 12:57:44 PM
Doesn't Bryce usually get the seniors a start earlier in the year?  I bet he doesn't start and we might not even see him if the game is close.

Bryce has only had 2 seasons with a senior on the roster. In those seasons they were Rowdy and Co. which started 5 seniors every night and Capo-Coleman-Moussa-Dority. Now Moussa-Dority started every game at the end of the season, but on senior night Capo-Coleman got more playing time and a start. I don't see why he doesn't start Chadwick, we're playing a team that might start a walk-on and has lost to YSU. I wouldn't be surprised if this game is similar to UWM at home.

wh

FWalum

Quote from: VUfan on February 20, 2015, 01:31:32 PM
Bryce is a class act and the Seniors will start unless Chadwick is physically unable to play.  The team will be very psyched for Vashil and Chadwick and will want to make this a special night for the two of them.  I think the team would be disappointed if the seniors didn't start.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

wh

Quote from: FWalum on February 21, 2015, 01:15:26 AM
Quote from: VUfan on February 20, 2015, 01:31:32 PM
Bryce is a class act and the Seniors will start unless Chadwick is physically unable to play.  The team will be very psyched for Vashil and Chadwick and will want to make this a special night for the two of them.  I think the team would be disappointed if the seniors didn't start.

If starting him makes Bryce a "class act," then not starting him makes him a "classless act?"  Of course not.  The only reason Bryce wouldn't start Chadwick is if he felt that starting him might even in a small way put the outcome of the game at risk.  That wouldn't make him classless.  It would mean that he isn't willing to put a feel good moment for an individual player over the best interests of the team.  That's the way a good leader is supposed to think.

Smj

If the first minutes of this game determines the winner then we don't deserve to win.

usc4valpo

Valpo by 12. To say the obvious, next week will be interesting.

usc4valpo

You guys have to be kidding me with Chadwick starting on senior night. Of course he should start and play a few minutes. It will have no impact on the result.

wh

I gotta know. Are you guys saying Chadwick should start knowing we're playing WSU, or are you saying he should start regardless of the opponent or how critical the game is?

Smj

I once told Homer that I liked our program because we do right by the kids in the program first.    I am saying that Chadwick should start on senior night.    And I would say that no matter the opponent because my dad taught me that the route is more important than the destination

valpotx

If Chadwick is healthy, he is more than capable of starting and playing a few minutes to see how it goes.  If we get out to a 5-0 or 6-0 hole, Bryce will rectify it quickly, and try to get him more minutes at the end.  We can't take WSU lightly, EVER!  Their defense always causes us problems, regardless of who is on the court.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VULB#62