• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo @ UDM Wednesday February 25, 2015 6pm Central Time

Started by talksalot, February 21, 2015, 11:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agibson

Aaron Leavitt does what every uber-fan was wanting to, and corrects Todd on the "same starting lineup for 13 game" comment.  Nice ;) 

You _rarely_ get it wrong, Todd!  Makes it poke out all the more when it happens, once every third season.

Valpofan00

HC

Mine is working well, need the offense to start working a bit

wh

I love our guys, but could we ball fake just once underneath the basket.  We're so easy to block.

truth219

vu84v2

Valpo playing decent, but need to cut down on the turnovers. Need to adjust some to Detroit starting to handle the zone, but Vashil coming back in could do that. Vashil continues to be a presence on defense.

vu84v2

Didn't like the way Valpo finished the half. Missed two wide open threes and gave up a little run. Need to play hard in the second half...stretch out the lead and hold it.

wh

Detroit is getting way too many easy baskets.  We have to make it more difficult to score.  More P.T. for Fernandez.  Jubril can't stop anyone underneath and is slow to recover on double teams. He did a good job of hitting FT's, but I think Bryce is over rewarding him.

a3uge

Just going through the motions. Really poor effort by Nickerson tonight especially.

oklahomamick

Could have been better, Could have been worse.  Stay on que, we got this.
CRUSADERS!!!

wh

Come on Peters and Tevonn.  Time to step up big time.

wh

a3uge

Valpofan00

gamelord

Why do we keep trying to shoot 3's? They are not falling in, but we keep attempting them over and over again when they aren't needed. This is so frustrating!

a3uge

I think Cameron Witt played better center than what we're getting from Jubril. Just watching rebounds go by, letting them shoot bunny after bunny.

vu84v2

Terrible rebounding and not getting in the offense. When Valpo runs their offense and moves the ball, they score. Detroit is extending their defense, but moving the ball should yield wide open shots. Detroit is playing hard...lots of guys stepping up and playing hard for them.

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

wh

They must have 40 points in the paint.  And no contribution - YET - from Howard.  Not good.

By the way, Alec and David are terrible at blocking out.  Is it a white thing?  ;)

wh

If I were Cleveland State, I would drive the hoop against us on every possession Friday.  Something good will happen every time.

a3uge

So many stupid fouls. Complete lack of focus this game.

Kyle321n

Good God get Nickerson out of the game and don't let him see PG duties the rest of the year.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

agibson

Well, it's been ugly.  But, there's 51 and 10.  We should be good to go.

Here I was just getting set for a long, ugly game.  OK, it's still going to be a long, ugly game.  But, they'll escape with this one.

agibson

Peters and Tevonn going to need to create something here?  Tough going with 4 on Jubril and Vashil.  Detroit's been fierce in the paint.