• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

December Prediction Poll

Started by Kyle321n, November 30, 2016, 10:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Predict December's Record

6-0
1 (2.9%)
5-1
20 (58.8%)
4-2
11 (32.4%)
3-3
2 (5.9%)
2 wins or less
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: December 06, 2016, 10:58:47 AM

Kyle321n

We've got 6 games, split equally between home and away games. How confident are you in this team after a 7-1 start?

Wed Dec 7   @ Kentucky   
Sat Dec 10 @ Missouri St.
Sat Dec 17 vs. Indiana St.
Thu Dec 22 vs. Santa Clara
Wed Dec 28 vs. Chicago St.
Fri Dec 30 @ Illinois Chicago
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

govalpogo

I thought I was being optimistic at 6-2 last month.  No reason to think the team can't find ways to win each game after Kentucky.  The best part of this team has been that they seem to be able to tailor the gameplay to what's working for them that night and even when they aren't playing all that well they manage to get on the right side of the final score.  Given the ceiling of some of these freshmen and the 3 pt potential that has still yet to be realized, it is quite possible that this team will continue to get better as the season progresses. 

It doesn't have to be pretty, just end up with more points than the other team!  Let's see a gaudy 11-2 non con record!

VULB#62

After seeing what we did in November I can't go with anything less than 5-1.  I think Lottich lights a hotter fire under these kids than they were used to in the past.  I also think that we are not losing anything in the bench coaching department either. 

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

swiftmutiny

I'll go for a slightly pessimistic 4-2, with Valpo losing the game at Kentucky and dropping one of the games against either Indiana State or Santa Clara.

But hey, I voted in the November thread that we would lose 2 more games than we actually did. So maybe the pattern will continue?  :thumbsup:

wh

Quote from: govalpogo on November 30, 2016, 11:09:05 AM
I thought I was being optimistic at 6-2 last month.  No reason to think the team can't find ways to win each game after Kentucky.  The best part of this team has been that they seem to be able to tailor the gameplay to what's working for them that night and even when they aren't playing all that well they manage to get on the right side of the final score.  Given the ceiling of some of these freshmen and the 3 pt potential that has still yet to be realized, it is quite possible that this team will continue to get better as the season progresses. 

It doesn't have to be pretty, just end up with more points than the other team!  Let's see a gaudy 11-2 non con record!

Agree on all points.  :thumbsup:

a3uge

5-1 with a close loss at Missouri State.

Valpower

I say 5-1 with a loss against Chicago State.  ;)

bbtds

Quote from: VULB#62 on November 30, 2016, 11:12:02 AM
After seeing what we did in November I can't go with anything less than 5-1.  I think Lottich lights a hotter fire under these kids than they were used to in the past.  I also think that we are not losing anything in the bench coaching department either. 

You're not really saying that Bruce was holding the team back, are you?

Valpower

Quote from: bbtds on November 30, 2016, 02:39:59 PM
Quote from: VULB#62 on November 30, 2016, 11:12:02 AM

You're not really saying that Bruce was holding the team back, are you?

Brett may not have been holding the team back, but it's interesting to ponder whether we've added something (improved identity, focus, strength?) by going to a short rotation.  Don't get me wrong, I still want to see continued bench development but one byproduct of the short rotation so far (and I'm going by the seat of my pants) is that they've found ways to avoid fouling out without playing soft.

VUfan

5-1 with two close ones, MSU and ISU being tight. the young players grow to be dependable most of the time Nick plays more. The KU game a 15 point loss.

talksalot

Indiana State appears to be a wildcard... they played Iowa State and Stanford VERY close losing both games in the final seconds.... and they turn around on a days rest and lose to Quinnipiac; I'm glad we're getting them in the ARC...  MOSt is undefeated at home... including the Fontbonne 100-27 game.

vu84v2

4-2. Kentucky plus a loss to at Missouri State or home against Indiana State or Santa Clara. It is really just a matter of playing a solid game in each and every game (which few teams accomplish), and Valpo could go 5-1.

talksalot

the Santa Clara Broncos are not on my "OMG THEY'RE COMING" radar...

They are RPI 257 and are 3-5

Wins over 1-6 Northern Arizona; 1-5 Northern Colorado and 3-4 Sacred Heart.  Losses to UC Davis, Tennessee State, Arizona, Vanderbilt and UC Irvine...

before they play us, they are @ San Jose State, a D3, UC Riverside and @ Washington State.

crusaderjoe

That UIC game...for some reason I just don't like it man, at all.

bbtds

Quote from: talksalot on November 30, 2016, 07:23:47 PMMOSt is undefeated at home... including the Fontbonne 100-27 game.

It's not a year to fear the Griffin

http://fontbonnegriffins.com/sports/mbkb/2016-17/schedule

I'm a little embarrassed Fredbird is associating with him.

Valpower

Quote from: bbtds on December 01, 2016, 05:10:05 PMI'm a little embarrassed Fredbird is associating with him.
Birds of a feather will flock together, says this Cubs fan.

justducky

0% chance for 6-0. 25% chance for 5-1. 50% chance for 4-2. 25% chance for 3-3.

Every season seems to have 5 or 6 games for which most teams seem inadequately prepared. @ Missouri St, @ UIC, vs Indiana St and vs Santa Clara all fall into that MUST BE PREPARED category. In addition our short bench magnifies the risks for even the slightest injuries or illnesses. Long story short ---I voted 4-2.

justducky

Quote from: talksalot on December 01, 2016, 02:09:56 PMthe Santa Clara Broncos are not on my "OMG THEY'RE COMING" radar...
OK. Maybe. But I gets to thinking---Aren't they bay area?

Hmmmmmm! Is this a home and road? 

Hmmmmm! If so who else might be just a hop step and a jump down the road?

Hmmmmm! I need to go find my map.

talksalot

Tall Green cedar creepy looking mascot with an overly-enthusiastic band at times, that's plays their home games in an arena named for different kind of trees?

just over 16 miles as the crow flies...because a cardinal would get lost.

bbtds

Quote from: justducky on December 01, 2016, 08:47:24 PM
Quote from: talksalot on December 01, 2016, 02:09:56 PMthe Santa Clara Broncos are not on my "OMG THEY'RE COMING" radar...
OK. Maybe. But I gets to thinking---Aren't they bay area?

Hmmmmmm! Is this a home and road? 

Hmmmmm! If so who else might be just a hop step and a jump down the road?

Hmmmmm! I need to go find my map.

Hmmmmmmm, 20.7 miles from Santa Clara University to Stanford University

talksalot

Quote from: bbtds on December 01, 2016, 09:07:18 PMHmmmmmmm, 20.7 miles from Santa Clara University to Stanford University

Maples Center is on the south side of campus....   :)   

bbtds

Quote from: talksalot on December 01, 2016, 09:10:15 PM
Quote from: bbtds on December 01, 2016, 09:07:18 PMHmmmmmmm, 20.7 miles from Santa Clara University to Stanford University

Maples Center is on the south side of campus....   :)   

Yes, but if you go the quickest way that is from I-280 and you would come into Stanford from the west.

talksalot

ok, fine...any way, San Jose State would be closer...

you could add the rematch for St Mary's College, hit San Jose State, Santa Clara and end at Stanford... with a total drive time of ABOUT an hour.

agibson

My first thought was actually St. Mary's. Would be great to get something regular going with them.

But Stanford makes maybe even more sense, and could certainly be interesting.

Cal's not so far, either!