• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

A good perimeter team in a slump, or a team redefined?

Started by Valpower, December 06, 2016, 12:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valpower

We're 8 games into the schedule with our 3-point shooting percentage and attempts way down.  Some have wondered aloud when it will get back to normal, but I'm wondering whether this is the new normal, including where Alec is concerned.  It's very obvious to see where Alec has improved his game, but I wonder if the work and focus on those elements has had an impact on his shooting.   Jubril, will be Jubril, which is that he'll shoot a high percentage because he'll only shoot selectively and Lexus seems to have a good stroke, but beyond that who are the others that will get us back to form, if at all?  Can we get far without it?  We're 7-1 and you can make a case that the poor perimeter shooting has made the games closer than they could have been, but the results are still good.

vu84v2

This is a decent perimeter team that has avoided the problem faced by many perimeter teams: live by the outside shot and die by the outside shot. It is a combination of slashing to the basket, Peters' improved post game and hard work. This team will have good shooting nights as the season moves forward.

valporun

I have to agree. While we have great perimeter shooters, we have a style of shooters that don't have to live and die by the perimeter. They can get inside and fight for points, or shoot from mid-range. I like this more than having to take 25+ 3-point attempts, or needing to force so many to stay in games. I'd rather win hard fought games, than panicking by shooting from the perimeter to stay ahead or close.

ValpoFan

Let's keep our eyes on the prize!
The goal is to win games, NOT to have a high shooting percentage.
Just keep winning baby!  :thumbsup: