• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #13 - Chicago State Wednesday Dec 28, 7pm (CT) at the ARC

Started by talksalot, December 24, 2016, 08:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talksalot

I thought about naming this thread AP2K ... but I don't want to distract from the that this team needs to rebound, RPI plummeted to 61 after the Thursday game, now back up to 60 slipping past the Badgers last night.

Going up against a Chicago State team that has yet to play a D1 game at home in that new arena they have, 2-10 with wins over #340 Western Illinois and #320 Southeast Missouri State; lost to # 196 Troy State by 18 on Friday night

Nolan has us favored by 23.

Here's the link to the cougar roster:
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/roster/_/id/2130/chicago-state-cougars

and their stats:
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/stats/_/id/2130/chicago-state-cougars

game plan:  Fred Sims doesn't score and Trayvon Palmer doesn't get to the boards...and we start a new home winning streak.

Merry Christmas everyone!

usc4valpo

Dec. 18?

Wasn't Chi State having financial issue last year? Should be a ham and egger win, especially after learning a lesson not taking Santa Clara seriously.

talksalot

fixed the date.   ???   

Exigency:
1.   exigent state or character; urgency.

2.  Usually, exigencies. the need, demand, or requirement intrinsic to a circumstance, condition, etc.:
the exigencies of city life.

3. a case or situation that demands prompt action or remedy; emergency:
He promised help in any exigency.
=========================
This posting on the CSU website is undated.

http://www.csu.edu/boardoftrustee/financialexigency_Delete%20after%20Confirmation.htm

bbtds

Quote from: usc4valpo on December 24, 2016, 09:18:49 AM
Dec. 18?

Wasn't Chi State having financial issue last year? Should be a ham and egger win, especially after learning a lesson not taking Santa Clara seriously.

Financial difficulty does not necessarily a loser make. But in this case it comes pretty darn close.

Does anyone remember the last time we lost to Chicago State?

crusadermoe

Yes, I think it was in the freakin' conference tourney in 2004 in Kansas City. Maybe they've beaten us more recently...even maybe at home.

Oakland went on to win as a sub-500 team getting a bid that year if I recall.  Perhaps I don't.  Dan Oppland and Mo Kone debacle I think.   Not  sure.  If so, that was the bottom out of Valpo's post-1998 run.  At the time, we fans hated life because we had a dark tunnel ahead. 

We had no idea Horizon bid was coming or that Bryce would take the reins and re-charge recruiting. Looking back now, it was just a blip or three on a strong two decades.  But boy it looked bleak after the Chicago State loss. 

usc4valpo

rustnvrsleeps@yahoo.com

Nobody wants to talk about the elephant in the room?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWalum

Quote from: rustnvrsleeps@yahoo.com on December 24, 2016, 04:39:27 PM
Jubril, Jay, or something else... then spit it out, I don't want to play 20 questions.

My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

rustnvrsleeps@yahoo.com

Quote from: FWalum on December 24, 2016, 10:38:08 PM
Quote from: rustnvrsleeps@yahoo.com on December 24, 2016, 04:39:27 PM
Jubril, Jay, or something else... then spit it out, I don't want to play 20 questions.

Well I guess the elephant is not that big......I'm referring to Jubril. And who's Jay?

M

Bro, you need to go back a few game treads to when this all broke. 🤔

rustnvrsleeps@yahoo.com

Quote from: M on December 24, 2016, 11:24:41 PM
Bro, you need to go back a few game treads to when this all broke. [emoji848]
Bro nothing has broke, that's the problem. Everything is hush hush. Unless you have some inside scoop...? At the Santa Clara game everybody was talking about how no ones heard anything. Oh and Merry Christmas.

M

rustnvrsleeps@yahoo.com

Quote from: M on December 25, 2016, 07:13:31 AM
I've said too much already[emoji850][emoji850].

Merry Christmas
Hey M I found the thread you were referring to and now I know that Jaume Sorolla goes by Jay. But seriously any conversation you have about this team you need to have twice. One with Jubril and one without. For example, with Jubril we're winning the conference with two losses, without Jubril we'll be .500.....But then again it's just an opinion.

VU75

Here's a thought to ponder.   A couple of weeks ago at the last Board of Trustees meeting Tracy Dildy, who is also the Chicago State AD recommended that CSU start up a football team to compete in the Pioneer League. 

Tracy Dildy the Chuck Wepner of college basketball.

ValpoFan1000

News already broke on Jubril from our inside scoop....confirmed by chef. Not speculation it's fact. He gonna be out for the season. .500 team

valpolaw

If he's going to be out for the season, why would he still be in street clothes on the bench for every game? It's not like he has another year of eligibility after this year.

FieldGoodie05

Agreed.  Not sure we'd see him on the bench if an end of career decision had already been made.  It's still possible, but I'm hoping we see him playing on Dec 28th.  Does that mark 3 games at that point?  Think it's telling with the next game...

Though to be fair, I've thought that every game since the suspension.

M

ValpoFan1000

Okay you will all see. I'm a reliable source. Time will tell

rustnvrsleeps@yahoo.com

I believe you, not sure how you could make something like that up....or why, unless you're really bored. So if it is true I'd say Alec is the one paying the biggest price. He could of went anywhere and decided to stay home and play with his "brothers" so they could make a run in the tournament.

valpolaw

Valpofan, you still haven't answered why he would be sitting on the bench still if he was out for the rest of the year. That doesn't make any sense. Him sitting on the bench suggests that the suspension hasn't been decided yet or his suspension is less than a year. Both of those are different from what you're saying.