• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #14 - @ UIC Friday Dec 30, 4pm (CT)

Started by talksalot, December 28, 2016, 11:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

This from BigD (UIC):

"I was at the game. The Valpo fans near me were annoying. I'll never understand going into an opponent's stadium and acting like you own the place. One guy repeatedly screaming for McClain to get off the court and get back in the box...the kid at the end with the yellow wig making the most annoying screech in the world when we shoot FTs...the whining on every call against them. I bought two tickets and the only ones they had were on Valpo's "side". Most fans were fine but you can tell that some of them have been beyond spoiled with success. We're not helping by losing to them for 8 straight f@#!ing years! Btw, $25 per ticket is way too much to charge for a UIC game at this point...the product on the court is not a $25 product. We're supposed to be Chicago's blue collar team but we're charging white collar prices. No wonder the stadium is mostly empty for most games. Even $20 for less popular games is too much."

I, too, was at the game. My family and I paid $200 for tickets, $10 for parking, and $50 worth of concessions. Combined with 500 (minimum) spirited, perfectly behaved, classy, engaging fellow Valpo fans in attendance, Valpo's presence added $15,000 or more to UIC's Athletic Department coffers.

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way,"
Col. Nathan R. Jessup

M

Bizarre remark to your statement. Don't like opponents in your place then fill the seats with your fans. Don't want to sit with the opponent don't wait til the last minute to buy a ticket. Doubt they return the favor of spending all that money when both their fans travel to Valpo for the return game.

talksalot

Quote from: wh on January 06, 2017, 06:22:49 AM"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way,"
Col. Nathan R. Jessup

I guess some people just can't handle the truth.   Schedule the code Red and move on.

vu72

First off, I paid $15 not $25 and eight of us just moved to empty seats at center court.  Big D certainly could have done the same thing as the place was half empty.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

Valpo89

I bought tickets at the window about 20 minutes before game time. There were about 10 people in two lines, and the line moved very slow. The girl working my window said they raise prices by $5 for the Valpo game. They should be thanking Valpo fans.

I sat near some UIC fans. I know exactly who was yelling about McLain. :)

valpo84

BigD must be a Cleveland Indians fan too... 8-)
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

valpotx

He definitely would not enjoy sitting near me, as some of you would have found out in our game against Maryland a few years back :).  I don't yell any profanities or negative stuff, but I am definitely not one of the Valpo fans that is content to just sit on their hands and politely clap lol.
"Don't mess with Texas"