• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

KVW in SI this week

Started by VULB#62, March 10, 2016, 01:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VULB#62

In an article on the Canarias Basketball Academy (on the Spanish island of Gran Canaria off the coast of Morocco) KVW is pictured against MSU and is identified as the best D-I product to come out of there.  Valpo get good press two weeks in a row  :thumbs:

Pages 44-51 in my paper copy.  Don't know if there is an online version.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

agibson

I'm just reading this now. A disturbing story, in fact.

It's true that European sports, for ~18 year olds in particular, are very different from the situation in America. So long as the NCAA maintain "amateur" requirements (and can it ever do otherwise, without at least significantly shrinking D1?), it sounds like it will be a tense situation when recruiting European players.

I wonder if places like Don Bosco are even mixed up with it. There's perhaps nothing to prevent _them_ from paying a fee to European clubs for players, and making that up however they can...

M

that was definitely a highlight...he was part of a highlight for another guy too. Probably the best dunk I've ever seen in person.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K-lJPyDkXF4

a3uge

Quote from: M on December 05, 2016, 07:29:05 PM
that was definitely a highlight...he was part of a highlight for another guy too. Probably the best dunk I've ever seen in person.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K-lJPyDkXF4
Man that guy could dunk... and that was pretty much it, but man, could he dunk.

EddieCabot

Quote from: agibson on December 05, 2016, 02:46:09 PM
I'm just reading this now. A disturbing story, in fact.

It's true that European sports, for ~18 year olds in particular, are very different from the situation in America. So long as the NCAA maintain "amateur" requirements (and can it ever do otherwise, without at least significantly shrinking D1?), it sounds like it will be a tense situation when recruiting European players.

I wonder if places like Don Bosco are even mixed up with it. There's perhaps nothing to prevent _them_ from paying a fee to European clubs for players, and making that up however they can...

I also didn't see this when first posted.  Sounds like the Drews had some questionable connections overseas.  If the Skara situation means anything, I doubt this will continue under Lottich.  Likely not needed as he seems to be doing very well recruiting US players.