• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

UIC preview based on open scrimmage

Started by vufan75, October 27, 2016, 10:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vufan75

For those wondering about UIC this season, some details in the link.

Check out @Catch_N_Shoot's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Catch_N_Shoot/status/791750548617846786?s=09

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

Chuck A

The Flames have 7 new players; 3 Freshmen started; Coach McClain implemented new defensive schemes the players were getting used to;  It was an exhibition game...a feeling out, getting some stuff on film game. The Flames will be fine. They'll be much better than last year's 5-25 team.

bbtds

Quote from: bsmith21 on November 05, 2016, 10:10:50 PM
95-78, 26% from downtown. Attendance 1661

Valpo won by 15 and shot 28.6% from three. I'm inclined to agree with Chuck A that UIC will be better.

a3uge

Quote from: Chuck A on November 08, 2016, 06:00:07 AM
The Flames have 7 new players; 3 Freshmen started; Coach McClain implemented new defensive schemes the players were getting used to;  It was an exhibition game...a feeling out, getting some stuff on film game. The Flames will be fine. They'll be much better than last year's 5-25 team.
Yeah, it can't be any worse...

VU2014

UIC lost 82-80 to San Francisco (15-15 last year) last night. My buddy who went to UIC says it looked more like a pick up game then a structured offensive/defensive scheme, but to be fair they have quite a few freshman. He thinks McClain was trying to play more guys because he's worried about transfers this offseason already.

From everything I've heard is that Steve McClain is the exact opposite of Billy Donlon. Great salesman but poor X's and O's coach.