• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo Memes

Started by LaPorteAveApostle, November 06, 2012, 08:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

historyman

Howard Moore: When you say there was a problem with the execution you don't mean my executing the players for pulling off such a bonehead move, do you?

Nevermind, UIC Chancellor Meares said I'm not allowed to execute any players.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

agibson

Is that what happened?  Some sort of a botched home-run play?  From the play-by-play it wasn't clear what was going on.  But, clearly some sort of a disaster.  I only looked quickly, but somehow I thought they had the _lead_, _and_ the _ball_ with two seconds to play?  And somehow managed to _commit_ a foul and lose?

agibson

Found the narrative play-by-play.  Wild.  (Didn't think to look in the Wright State thread!)

I first saw the official, dry brief, play-by-play with two seconds to go, UIC up one.  Thought, "Whoah - can UIC win this?"  At the time thinking, maybe it was CSU's ball, and they'd win on a buzzer beater.  I had no idea...

bbtds

Quote from: agibson on January 15, 2015, 05:30:53 PMThought, "Whoah - can UIC win this?"  At the time thinking, maybe it was CSU's ball, and they'd win on a buzzer beater.  I had no idea...
UIC was playing Detroit.

Yes, a most foolish play. The problem is when you've already made a terrible play by giving up the ball with only seconds to go and up by three, you really don't want to give up the ball again by stupidly fouling your opponent WHEN YOU HAVE THE BALL!!!!

The home run play totally backfired because the inbounder threw it short and the play had been sniffed out so the ball was totally up for grabs. The UIC player committed the foul because he was too aggressive trying to jump for a ball that was totally a jump ball free for all. Terrible, terrible execution on UIC's part. If the Flames had allowed the ball to fall to the Titan player they could have stepped in front of him and guarded against a winning shot until the clock ran out. But nooooooooooo!! They had to commit a foul by flying through the air trying to catch the terrible inbounds pass. Awful, just awful!!

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/2276114/size/condensed/

Go to the 2:00:00 mark and you can see about the last 2:15 of the game.

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

bbtds

My dad always told me, never go anywhere without clean underwear.

He also said I never would win this award.

I proved him wrong on both accounts!

My God, how did this happen, unbelieveable!

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

LaPorteAveApostle

LaPorteAveApostle

so was signing the kid in the jersey

LaPorteAveApostle

KL31NY

Hail Crusaders, 2015 Horizon League Tournament Champions!!!

Make Your Own: http://memegenerator.net/Regis-Philbin-Point
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

LaPorteAveApostle

Christopher and Maura  :censored: say

LaPorteAveApostle

LaPorteAveApostle

LaPorteAveApostle

Smj

I think it should be "the shot" and "the foul"....

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: Smj on March 21, 2015, 09:04:46 AMI think it should be "the shot" and "the foul"....
I also considered "no-shot" (rejected because sounds like we'd no chance) and "got-shot" (rejected because overdramatic).

You know it's bad when all the press pool reporters even have to mention it.

Also, who knew you couldn't type the surname of Christopher and Maura  :censored: without getting censored?  That :censored:  :censored:.

historyman

I was once typing on a message board that originated in the UK and how I smashed my finger in a door and it censored the word "bloody." It was actually a US based message board owner but the Brits had added the word "bloody" to the censored words.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann