• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Vote for Valpo !!

Started by talksalot, February 23, 2015, 01:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talksalot

two hours later... it's 90.72 after my vote  !!  (Stephens is at 81.7)

Kyle321n

Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

agibson

You hate to be complacent, but looks like we're in pretty good shape.

92%+, lotsa votes cast.

agibson

He's got the final round posted, and the results set to invisible.

So, vote early, vote often

http://www.collegecourtreport.com/ccr-mm-fr-poy.html

bbtds

Between yesterday morning and this morning I was able to cast 500 votes for Tevonn. I would like to see anyone on the board do better in a 24 hour period. So the challenge has been made. Who can beat it? I'd really like to see if anyone can. 

agibson

Awesome!

To be clear, 100 votes woukd also be great.  Or 20.  Or 1,000.

Vote early, vote often.

Vote Tevonn!

bbtds

Quote from: agibson on March 31, 2015, 07:59:19 AMTo be clear, 100 votes woukd also be great.  Or 20.  Or 1,000.

Absolutely!

Actually I was a lot busier today and only got about 100 votes made for Tevonn. Keep those votes coming. Tevonn will definitely need them. If I'm correct the group of voters voting for Jorge Rosa of Florida A&M cast over 3,000 votes in the last round. We need any possible vote for Tevonn to beat out this powerful group.

agibson

I don't normally keep track, but, voting in idle moments through the day, I'm at about 213 so far.  Don't think I'll make it to 500. 

But every vote (every dozen votes) counts!  Keep it up!

agibson

Looks like my 24 hours tops out at about 342 votes.

But, keep it up!  Maybe somebody can pass bbtds!  Every (dozen) vote(s) counts!

agibson

Tevonn needs some love!

Three more days!  Send him some votes!

bbtds

I voted between 275 and 300 times for Tevonn yesterday. Tonight I have about 200 votes in and still going.

Please keep it going, folks. I have no doubt that the Florida A&M voters for Jorge Rosa have as many or more votes cast for their guy. They cast over 1,000 votes for Rosa the first day in the last round and came on very strong at the end of the voting despite having a 50% votes advantage.

a3uge

This is the same poll, might be easier to open: https://polldaddy.com/poll/8766531/

agibson

Don't forget to vote for Tevonn today!  While you're watching the Final Four, or before and/or after Easter Vigil, or whichever way you swing.

I've probably tossed in 100 today, in bits and pieces.   Will maybe manage again as many.

agibson

Sure, it's Easter.  But after church, before dinner, after the egg hunt. Why not throw a couple of (dozen) votes Tevonn's way?

Polls are scheduled to close at... I guess 8:00 PM eastern, 7:00 PM central.

historyman

Quote from: agibson on April 05, 2015, 12:03:03 PM
Sure, it's Easter.  But after church, before dinner, after the egg hunt. Why not throw a couple of (dozen) votes Tevonn's way?

Polls are scheduled to close at... I guess 8:00 PM eastern, 7:00 PM central.

The voting actually goes till 8:00 p.m. central daylight time (eastern standard time). When the guy set it up the clocks hadn't changed yet so he set it for ES(tandard)T. That is the same as CDT.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

agibson

Quote from: historyman on April 05, 2015, 03:48:30 PMThe voting actually goes till 8:00 p.m. central daylight time (eastern standard time). When the guy set it up the clocks hadn't changed yet so he set it for ES(tandard)T. That is the same as CDT.

Yeah, that's what motivated my "I guess".  The text re "eastern standard" on his web page.  I figured he probably just meant "eastern" and wasn't thinking very hard about DST.

Did he actually have the poll daddy closing at 8:00 PM central today?  In the past it's seemed pretty haphazard - almost like he's closing it by hand, and sometimes forgetting to do it, etc.

In any case, it's closed now.  I guess we'll find out the results tomorrow.

historyman

Quote from: agibson on April 05, 2015, 09:05:19 PMDid he actually have the poll daddy CLOSING at 8:00 PM central today?

I assumed it was automated since the guy was so specific about his times. I noticed that the previous round--when the Samford people questioned the vote tally after their freshman had been advanced and then it was reversed--closed after 7:00 p.m. central which bbtds attributed to the time actually being standard instead of daylight time. I never noticed if the voting closed exactly on time.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

historyman

No announced winner yet and that was supposed to happen by 10:00 a.m. EST (CDT). The guy running this poll sure has not followed the schedule he set himself. It does make a person question the whole validity of the poll. Secret vote talleys and all.

talksalot

TWITTER POSTING:   11:40am or so...

The winner of the CCR Mid-Major Freshman of the Year award has been determined, and it goes to... Jorge Rosa of @FAMUAthletics!!

agibson

Quote from: historyman on April 05, 2015, 11:21:46 PM
Quote from: agibson on April 05, 2015, 09:05:19 PMDid he actually have the poll daddy CLOSING at 8:00 PM central today?

I assumed it was automated since the guy was so specific about his times. I noticed that the previous round--when the Samford people questioned the vote tally after their freshman had been advanced and then it was reversed--closed after 7:00 p.m. central which bbtds attributed to the time actually being standard instead of daylight time. I never noticed if the voting closed exactly on time.

Voting was still open the next morning, at least on polldaddy.  Definitely a fast and loose operation - it's probably one guy doing this stuff in his spare time...

agibson

Quote from: talksalot on April 06, 2015, 11:14:50 AM
TWITTER POSTING:   11:40am or so...

The winner of the CCR Mid-Major Freshman of the Year award has been determined, and it goes to... Jorge Rosa of @FAMUAthletics!!

Alas.  Maybe we were a bit short on "broad range of support" or "individual heroics".  Maybe it would have required electronic means.

Hard to know how to win, what lengths are required to win, a blind ballot-box stuffing contest.

It did seem yesterday that their survey was maybe slow.  Couldn't decide if it was them or me. I certainly wondered if someone was electronically hammering their server.

agibson

[tweet]585122179458736129[/tweet]

Numbers that wouldn't _have_ to have been due to electronic ballot-stuffing.

But certainly might have been. 

Otherwise, could be as few as... a couple?... of more-than-a-little dedicated fans clicking a lot.

I guess their guy got about 56%.

bbtds

Quote from: bbtds on March 31, 2015, 09:58:51 PMActually I was a lot busier today and only got about 100 votes made for Tevonn. Keep those votes coming. Tevonn will definitely need them. If I'm correct the group of voters voting for Jorge Rosa of Florida A&M cast over 3,000 votes in the last round. We need any possible vote for Tevonn to beat out this POWERFUL group.

The writing was on the wall. I'm disappointed that we could not get 10 more voters to cast 100 more votes each for Tevonn and bring him home an honor that he especially deserved since losing the HL freshman of the year honor to Paris Bass. Did anyone here let Tevonn down but not casting 100 extra votes for him that they easily could have done? Seems similar to how we let Alec lose by 4 votes. Shame! Shame!