• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

New uniforms for 2015-16

Started by vufan7501, September 24, 2015, 07:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vufan7501

Hope this works and shows up larger in this post. Trying this from Android cell.

Kyle321n

Those gold uniforms are much better than the ones that was basically gold numbers on gold. The home whites look good too, but I like the road unis a lot.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

a3uge

mj

Not really a fan of the new design. I liked the previous font; this seems too blocky. The gold trim on the old home uniforms was also a nice touch.
I believe that we will win.

classof2014

So long they don't go all Tampa Buccaneers with the jersey style I really don't care. It's better than a few years ago when the roads were highlighter yellow with white lettering and numbering that you could barely see.

FWalum

I know that we have an identity with the YELLOW (suppose to be Gold) Uniforms, but would really love to see us try more of a Wake Forest Gold and an Espresso Brown scheme.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

a3uge

Quote from: FWalum on September 25, 2015, 12:16:44 PM
I know that we have an identity with the YELLOW (suppose to be Gold) Uniforms, but would really love to see us try more of a Wake Forest Gold and an Espresso Brown scheme.
You shut your mouth!

valpo64

MLB told me last year that Bryce does not want brown, why I don't know.  What ever happened to the "Brown & Gold"?  I do like the gold, excuse me, yellow shoes. As mentioned earlier, the traveling unis are much easier to read.

blackpantheruwm

I've always thought VU should own the brown. Plenty of schools have gold. Own the Brown!

Valpofan00

Brown is ugly in my opinion. Bathroom colors

usc4valpo

I don't know - I'd rather look like No.1 and not look like No. 2.

Vinny

Does each coach decide if they're going to wear brown or not? I notice that the soccers are using the brown, but sports like men's tennis and volleyball use black. I don't necessarily care for the brown, but if teams have the option to go with brown or black, I would think they'd choose black. Just my opinion.

I do dig these gold unis though!

valpo64

I believe our school colors are BROWN & GOLD!  Excuse me, perhaps I should say black and yellow.  Remember the song, "Hail to the Black and Yellow?"  Just sayin', I thought it was "Hail to the Brown and Gold."

Kyle321n

I'll reiterate someone's thoughts here (Sorry I forget who it was). It's a really good thing the founder's last name wasn't Pink. Or Chartreuse for that matter.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

agibson

Quote from: Kyle321n on September 29, 2015, 12:32:52 PM
Or Chartreuse for that matter.

Isn't that the official accent color?

blackpantheruwm

Quote from: valpo64 on September 29, 2015, 12:21:41 PM
I believe our school colors are BROWN & GOLD!  Excuse me, perhaps I should say black and yellow.  Remember the song, "Hail to the Black and Yellow?"  Just sayin', I thought it was "Hail to the Brown and Gold."

Exactly. And with the addition of Northern Kentucky, there's another school with Gold/Yellow as a school color. And their road uniforms? Gold.

As an aside, I loved being the only school with Black as an official school color. I had to advocate to add Oakland and Northern Kentucky, didn't I? Now we have three "Black and Gold" schools. Crap!

Valpo64 is totally right. Brown is a school color. It's a pretty rare school color at that in Division I. After Western Michigan and Wyoming, what other schools have brown and gold? I can name a bunch of black and gold schools. There's nothing wrong with being unique.

VULB#62

Panther, thanks for the gut check. I agree but let's not forget Lehigh (brown and white). Shades of brown with shades of gold or with white accents can be very attractive/stunning/ impressive' @$;!@$& you know what I am trying to say. and it is more true to VU than silver or black  :twocents: