• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

HL 2nd Round - Valpo vs Milwaukee 03/07/14 Friday 8:30 p.m. CT - game thread

Started by a3uge, March 06, 2014, 11:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

a3uge

Milwaukee 18-13, 7-9 Horizon
Valpo 18-14, 9-7 Horizon

Logistics:
Time - 8:30 CT
Place - Resch Center, Ashwaubenon, Wisconsin
Season Series - Valpo 2 Milwaukee 0
Line - Valpo -3.5
TV - Horizon League Network
Stream Link - http://www.horizonleague.org/live/11244
TV Half Time Entertainment - 10 minute Lavonte Dority "FAMILY" spot
Valpo's Record When I Start Game Day Threads - (1-0)

----

Anyone else going?

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: a3uge on March 06, 2014, 11:38:40 AMTV Half Time Entertainment - 10 minute Lavonte Dority "FAMILY" spot
You are on a roll lately, dude.  Cap is off!

VALPO BY 12
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

I think that this one will be closer.  Hopefully Arians and Jordan keep up their crap play vs. Valpo, and we keep Tiby to less than 10 FT attempts:

Valpo 71
Milwaukee 64
"Don't mess with Texas"

historyman

Milwaukee  65
Valpo        69

Valpo will be the designated home team due to VU having the #4 seed and UWM having the #5 seed. It will be interesting to see which team has more fans at the game. It should be fairly even.

I see Alec and LVD's will to move on in the tourney and getting another shot at Green Bay winning out slightly in this one. It will be a tight game to the very end but those 2 VU players will find a way to pull it out, especially on a neutral court. 
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

a3uge

Quote from: historyman on March 06, 2014, 02:17:22 PM
Milwaukee  65
Valpo        69

Valpo will be the designated home team due to VU having the #4 seed and UWM having the #5 seed. It will be interesting to see which team has more fans at the game. It should be fairly even.

I see Alec and LVD's will to move on in the tourney and getting another shot at Green Bay winning out slightly in this one. It will be a tight game to the very end but those 2 VU players will find a way to pull it out, especially on a neutral court.

UWM fans barely attend games in Milwaukee, let alone a neutral site game 2 hours away. Should be pretty dead.

When I called the ticket office to add on 2 tickets to my initial order, the lady guessed my name, which indicates they're not getting too many fans in the Valpo block, which is understandable. Valpo always has a huge showing in Milwaukee (especially the tourney games in 09), but Green Bay might be a stretch.

We seem to own UWM lately, but I think if the refs allow for a physical game and swallow the whistle, we could be in for a quick exit. We can't seem to win those games.

Line has moved to Valpo -4.5. Started at -2.5. Must've been those two extra tickets I got.

HC

I will say Valpo by 6. For whatever reason we have owned them the past handful of times. Let's hope we stay hot vs Milwaukee.

historyman

Quote from: a3uge on March 06, 2014, 03:04:58 PMUWM fans barely attend games in Milwaukee, let alone a neutral site game 2 hours away. Should be pretty dead. When I called the ticket office to add on 2 tickets to my initial order, the lady guessed my name, which indicates they're not getting too many fans in the Valpo block, which is understandable. Valpo always has a huge showing in Milwaukee (especially the tourney games in 09), but Green Bay might be a stretch.
So therefore the fan attendance should be fairly even. Neither fan base will have a big traveling group in Green Bay but the Milwaukee crowd has the shorter distance to travel so they should have the larger percentage of their normal size home crowd.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

humbleopinion

I would presume most Green Bay fans in attendance would be cheering against Valpo.
Beamin' Beacons

oklahomamick

Both uwm and valpo beat Green Bay.  Uwm did it at their place and with brown in attendance.  I thought uwm was green bays rival. 
CRUSADERS!!!

classof2014

As shown in the previous two games we match up very well with Milwaukee. Our bigs definitely disrupted their post play by Tiby and Kelm and they aren't a good enough shooting team to even it out. I think we win by 10-15 as we have in the previous two games.

Goraiders93

Remember to go vote for Jerran Young to participate in the dunk contest at the Final Four by searching State Farm College Slam on Facebook!! And beat both of those WI teams!!

rink

Can't shoot, can't guard, can't box out, can't rebound. Heckuva first 5 minutes.

chipper955

Quote from: rink on March 07, 2014, 08:49:49 PM
Can't shoot, can't guard, can't box out, can't rebound. Heckuva first 5 minutes.

Look at the bright side...We are still good at turning the ball over.  We better pull it together.

Kyle321n

Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

rink

Let's add terrible ball security, bad decision making, and poor FT shooting to the list.  Unacceptably bad basketball.

atkins

The seniors bear responsibility for this pitiful performance (with an assist from Vashil, who has played poorly, too).  Dority has been non-existent and completely shut down.  First-team conference guards play much better than that at tournament time.  Don't get me started on the other seniors. 

We're lucky we're not playing one of the better high school teams in the Midwest.  We'd be blown-out by now. 

rink

Milwaukee has 15 first-half offensive rebounds? We have none? My god.

rink

Got the defecit down to 6, with the ball, and Adekoya flushes the possession away with sheer worthless garbage stupidity. And the deficit jumps to 10....

nkvu

This looks like a team that just wants to get on the bus and go home.

Smj

If you can't say something nice. ........   Time for me to be quiet. ...

Smj

Kyle321n

Before anyone says it here, that was a dumb move by Carter but the game was over before he got DQ'd
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

Matt21923

Adekoya has no business starting let alone playing the minutes he's playing.

Smj

These announcers are annoying. ..  saying the same things over and over. ...