• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Video featuring Todd Ickow

Started by valpopal, August 27, 2014, 11:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpopal

Check out this terrific piece featuring our own Todd Ickow talking about the recent history of Valpo sports with some great action video:

Todd Ickow: The Man Behind the Mic

vu72

Very cool.  We are very lucky to have such a skilled play-by-play guy.  Many of the BIGS don't have a person with the extensive knowledge that Todd possesses.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VULB#62

He was there for all of it so it is interesting that he draws two parallels:

1 -- Team-wise between Bryce's NCAA Sweet Sixteen run team and Rowdy's NCAA first round team
2 -- And shot wise between Bryce's shot vs. Ole Miss and Rowdy's against Green Bay as the two most famous shots in VU basketball history

wh

Quote from: VULB#62 on August 27, 2014, 03:40:29 PM
He was there for all of it so it is interesting that he draws two parallels:

1 -- Team-wise between Bryce's NCAA Sweet Sixteen run team and Rowdy's NCAA first round team
2 -- ands shot wise between Bryce's shot vs. Ole Miss and Rowdy's against Green Bay as the two most famous shots in VU basketball history

I think it also means something when a guy who's been there for all of it says:

...they're going to make some noise in the NCAA tournament, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the next year or two.

Where's those season ticket forms?  I've got my check book out!

VULB#62

Quote from: wh on August 27, 2014, 04:21:52 PM

I think it also means something when a guy who's been there for all of it says:

...they're going to make some noise in the NCAA tournament, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the next year or two.

Where's those season ticket forms?  I've got my check book out!

You guys who've been following the MBB program with a more powerful microscope than mine have no doubt seen how other good freshman players return as sophomores and elevate their games, right?  In football the jump between those two years is usually significant.  I can only assume the same for BB.  So Todd's comment makes sense to me.

usc4valpo

Outstanding video and tremendous drive, dedication and passion from Todd.  I am not someone who consistently has a "glass half full" attitude, but I agree with his comments that today is a great time to be part of Valpo and their athletics programs. 

Todd, congrats on your milestone!