• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Belmont Announcement to come?

Started by bw12, July 14, 2014, 01:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bw12

So the men's soccer schedule was released and lists Belmont as a conference opponent. Guess we have a new team this year!

Fri, Sep 26   at Belmont *   Nashville, Tenn.    7:00 p.m.

# = Exhibition; * = Conference; Home Games Shaded; All Times Central

bw12

Nevermind my fault for being an amateur. I just saw the posts from last August.  ???

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

crusadermoe

Wow,......"affiliate"....that seems to be a lot more than a small foot in the door for Belmont and the Horizon.

VULB#62

Maybe.... 

They have no FB program and the OVC is FCS scholarship --- and we all know that, when FB is scholarship, it rules the athletic budget and the conference mentality.  Morehead is the only non-scholarship FB school and SIU-Edwardsville is the only other non-FB school period among the 12 schools.  IMO affinity-wise, they are in the wrong conference.

Personally, I'd like to see another private university in the HL mix.  But we've  ...  :deadhorse:

wh

Just noticed this on the Milwaukee board:

...the UWM Panthers Men's Basketball program Facebook page posted "The Horizon League welcomes the Belmont Bruins Men's Basketball team to the 2014 - 2015 Season"

I went to their Facebook page and there it was, bigger than life:

https://www.facebook.com/uwmmensbasketball

Interesting...

valpotx

I think that one of their fans misread the article about their soccer team joining the HL...
"Don't mess with Texas"

wh

Quote from: valpotx on August 07, 2014, 01:01:17 AM
I think that one of their fans misread the article about their soccer team joining the HL...

I was trying to see if someone would bite on this, but you took all the fun out of it.  ;)

a3uge

Can we just switch out UWM and Belmont this year now that UWM is ineligible?

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"