• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

East Tennessee State at Valpo - 11/14/14 7:30 CT

Started by wh, November 11, 2014, 10:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beastkiller

I feel like Tevonn walker will have I better game this time I say he finish with 12pts 5 Rebs 2 ast 2 stl

valpo64

valpo4life

Valpo 75
ETSU 67

I expect a big, efficient game from Jubril. His ability to finish around the rim against a team that is vertically challenged should give us a big boost tonight. Him, along with Vashil and Keith staying on the floor, will be the X factors.

Kyle321n

Bovada has an 8.5 point spread, let's put a $1 on it.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

valpo64

8, 8.5, 10 or even win by 20...let's just win the game!      GO VALPO!

wh

wh

Quote from: beastkiller on November 14, 2014, 11:32:39 AM
I feel like Tevonn walker will have I better game this time I say he finish with 12pts 5 Rebs 2 ast 2 stl

Welcome to the board, beastkiller!  Glad you decided to join in on the fun. 

bbtds

Quote from: beastkiller on November 14, 2014, 11:32:39 AM

Tevonn,

Bienvenue sur le babillard.

wh

As we get ready to kick off another season, this video always reminds me of what a special basketball program we are privileged to support:

All-Access with Valparaiso Basketball

oklahomamick

espn has recorded technical difficulties for the past 4 minutes....
CRUSADERS!!!

LaPorteAveApostle

came back for me about the time you posted it.

Do you feel like we've watched this game before?  somebody shoots out of their mind and hangs around and we go on a mini-run at the end to open it up?  ...ok, sometimes it's been the other way around too :)

also, wow...anyone else think we started the wrong Walker?  What a stroke!
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

bbtds

I just can't seem to remember his first name. Tavien Walker, correct?

bbtds

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

Kansas City up on Missouri by double digits....21-11.
CRUSADERS!!!

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: oklahomamick on November 14, 2014, 08:39:31 PMKansas City up on Missouri
Also up on Kansas ;)

bbtds:  non funny

COULD WE GET SOME INTERIOR DEFENSE?  And make our layups?

It's a new season but some of the same problems.  (Everyone hated on Moussa last year but he wouldn't have let hardly ANY of these sprints to the rack happen.)
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

bbtds

I almost feel Bryce must be reading the board. Alec has been out a long time.

FWalum

Really like what I am seeing from the newcomers.  Maybe the Commissioner needs to reconsider his assessment of the Canadian Tevonn Walker.  Darien Walker has been very good and David Skara has been extremely impressive.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

LaPorteAveApostle

This is impressive strength when we could have folded given their late run.  Never surrendered the lead.

We may be best running the 3 guards--WCW (Walker-Carter-Walker).  Together they had a +/- of +48 between them.  (With Peters, +58).

(We may have to, with Vashil in foul trouble all the ding dong time.)

Plus-minus is a wonky stat in b-ball though...Skara had 11 points in 15 min, but was the only minus player at -2.

beastkiller

So do you still think they r starting the wrong walker

LaPorteAveApostle

well, i was joking.  but certainly if darien could hit his FTs that would help his case.

I don't know that they're mutually exclusive (T & D).

This Walker Bros. thing might catch on.

valpotx

Obviously Beastkiller has a stake in Tevonn Walker doing well :).  Family or friend, it doesn't matter, as he is a really good player!

This was a great game for us, with a young team.  I really like Skara being able to spell Fernandez or Peters, as needed.  Thinking about all of the players we have returning next season with the two additions, it is hard to stay focused on this season, which will be a good one as well!  Anyone rethinking their dismal season projection?  I was one of a rare few that picked the OVER on 20 wins :o.

"Don't mess with Texas"

historyman

"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

rink

Nice showing. Almost gave it away when they applied pressure, gotta get better against the press. Peters and T Walker impressed mightily. Skara too.