• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs Maine Black Bears, better at hockey, 8:30 A.M. Sunday 11/23/2014

Started by historyman, November 23, 2014, 04:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

historyman

I'm really trying to motivate myself to get up and go but I just can't. I'll try to get up at 8:15  and watch it.

I started this thread to try and help my motivation but it didn't work.

Can you keep it down so I can sleep?
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

oklahomamick

Maine turns the ball over more than we do. 

There must only be 25 people in the stands. 
CRUSADERS!!!

Smj

valporun

17-2 in less than 5 minutes? Reminds me of the year we played Rhode Island at the ARC, and it was 17-0 before URI scored. Nice to wake up with some Valpo basketball with my coffee.

valporun

I think CMU has some video for this game at their site? I would check firstrowsports, but that's becoming too much work with all the ads that have to popup for the game to even appear.

valporun

Making mistakes due to the 15 point lead to open up the game? We have 6 turnovers now...We need some ball handlers to wake up and be smart out there.

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

valporun

Is anyone else having audio issues, or is it me because I'm using the TuneIn radio app?

bbtds

Quote from: valporun on November 23, 2014, 08:46:18 AM
I think CMU has some video for this game at their site? I would check firstrowsports, but that's becoming too much work with all the ads that have to popup for the game to even appear.

Valpo's playing at 9:30 a.m. on a Sunday morning and we didn't ask them to play at that time for a broadcast. Are they nuts?

Chairback

Quote from: valporun on November 23, 2014, 09:07:45 AMIs anyone else having audio issues, or is it me because I'm using the TuneIn radio app?

I'm using Tune-In also and its been choppy.

valporun

I guess the TuneIn app isn't very reliable this morning. It probably can't believe that Valpo is playing this early either?

valporun

I just hit the 'audio' button at the valpoathletics site, and that's been fine, but TuneIn isn't working right now.

valporun

Sounds like we have some young players that need to put in some work, or realize they are playing for a D-I school, not some AAU travel program, right now. WAKE UP, and work on the parts of your game that need it, not just rely on hope that they'll change on their own.

oklahomamick

We need another big to protect the rim when Vashil goes out.  Teams attack us inside when our shot blocker takes a rest.  We had the luxury last year of two shot blockers. 
CRUSADERS!!!

SanityLost17

How many games will Arkansas-PB and Maine win this season, COMBINED???  RPI's in the upper 200's or lower 300's by the end of the year???   These teams are not very good and almost no information on the quality of our team can be gained from watching us play them.       

historyman

I just woke up. Did I miss anything?

I see Alec is an early riser.

Skara still trying to wake up. Vashil seems to be an early morning blocker.

The guy updating the gametracker for CBS obviously got up too early.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

valpopal

Even with the lower level of competition today: Peters with 31 points in less than 20 minutes of play thus far! When he was recruited, I predicted Alec could become the second best player to ever wear a Crusader uniform if he remained healthy throughout his career. The spot as best Valpo player, of course, is reserved for Bryce. However, I'm pleased to see my prediction, which looked possible during his freshman year, appears even more probable as he begins his sophomore season.

bbtds

They won't be up this early!

True, True. It just makes it easier. You and ESPN thought we were nuts.  :crazy:  :thumbsup:

Valpofan00

I'm using the TuneIn app and it is working great. Are you guys on wifi?

valporun

Yeah, I'm on wifi, but it could be a shaky connection with freezing rain hitting the cable line providing my internet. (Yeah, the Comcast services where I live are terrible. Cable lines could be underground, but they won't do it.)

Smj

LaPorteAveApostle

for once...i might believe the attendance guy.

Peters' 31 points on 18 shot equivalents?  That starts with I and ends with mpressive.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

classof2014

Nice weekend, beat up the teams we should beat up. Nice to see both KC and Vashil play better this week. I think the next 5 games will be very telling of how good this team really is.

Drake
Murray St
Portland
Eastern Kentucky
New Mexico

This is a tough 5 game stretch if we go 3-2 I'll be happy. It was nice to have a few easy games before some tougher opponents, get our legs under us and some confidence with shooting and handling the ball. This stretch is a good challenge all games are winnable but at the same time all are very losable. Looking forward to watching this team against some decent teams and see how we stack up. 

valpotx

This was a good weekend to get some playing time to the young guys, Vashil, and transfers.  I very much look forward to our next 5 games, which will be more comparable to teams in the HL.  We absolutely needed Vashil to feel confident going into more difficult games, and he definitely filled up his stats during the last 3!  Those that gave up on him after the first 2 games...for shame :o
"Don't mess with Texas"