• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Ball State redshirt dies

Started by IndyValpo, August 22, 2017, 06:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VULB#62

Young people are not supposed to die like that. First thoughts were of Hank Gathers and then Reggie Lewis. Condolences to his family and to his teammates and the Ball State community.

Added note:  my original post was before the full story came out. The reference to Gathers and Lewis are not applicable here. But I am doubling down on the first sentence. Be at peace Zach.

bigmosmithfan1

Please keep a good thought for Micah Bradford as well. Zach was one of his high school teammates and friends.

FWalum

I have rarely had a positive word to say about Tom Davis and his sports coverage in the Fort Wayne News-Sentinel.  I follow Tom on Twitter and have to say that Tom is a devout Christian who daily tweets out messages from his beloved Episcopal Church.  After you read the following article Tom wrote about Zach Hollywood you will understand why I may have to reevaluate my perspective on Tom's writing.

Last act of Ball State athlete was to teach us a life lesson

I pray for healing and understanding for Zach's family and friends.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

covufan

Quote from: FWalum on August 23, 2017, 09:32:48 AM
I have rarely had a positive word to say about Tom Davis and his sports coverage in the Fort Wayne News-Sentinel.  I follow Tom on Twitter and have to say that Tom is a devout Christian who daily tweets out messages from his beloved Episcopal Church.  After you read the following article Tom wrote about Zach Hollywood you will understand why I may have to reevaluate my perspective on Tom's writing.

Last act of Ball State athlete was to teach us a life lesson

I pray for healing and understanding for Zach's family and friends.
Thanks for sharing.  Definitely a change from some of his other articles I've read in the past, and a great change from his twitter exchange with chef sometime ago. 

Zach is right - we don't know what someone else is going through. 

The best communication tool is learning to listen and seeking to understand, not ourselves being heard. 

valpo64

While  I give credit to Tom Davis for talking his faith, and in particular the article on Hollywood, it has nothing to do with his lack of knowledge and his biased opinions found in some of his work.   Just because someone is a professing Christian does not make him or her a good writer, painter, or whatever.