• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Our next head coach

Started by NativeCheesehead, April 02, 2016, 01:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpo04

Quote from: a3uge on April 26, 2016, 08:42:12 AM

Quote from: Valpo89 on April 26, 2016, 08:11:50 AM
Quote from: a3uge on April 26, 2016, 07:01:50 AM
Guys, VD89 is LAA. Thought that was pretty obvious. Glad to see him back though.

No it isn't.
LaPorte Avenue Apostle is not old enough to have a freshman daughter at VU.
I like ValpoDad89 because we share almost the same identification. Don't go, you're entertaining!

LAA has had a variety of alter egos.

Incorrect...

covufan

Quote from: ARCInsider on April 25, 2016, 10:21:05 PM
Quote from: ValpoDad89 on April 25, 2016, 06:22:38 PM
Quote from: ARCInsider on April 07, 2016, 01:28:56 PM
Very glad this is staying in-house.  You all will be happy with the hire when you hear from ml at the presser.  Players are staying, looks good for Alec too.

So are you saying Skara is staying now???

Ask your daughter. ;)
Quote from: ValpoDad89 on April 25, 2016, 11:46:57 PM
Nice bro. But I guess you missed the Skara INSIDER info because he's GONE. I'm sure you make your parents proud being the ArcInsider and whatnot. And CMack what "rumors" did I provide that were unfounded, I posted what I heard and said TAKE IT FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH??? Did I say they were true???? The answer is a resounding NO. I'm 0-2 too by whatever metric you judge my posts. If I insult your intelligence so much skip past what I write, 'nuff said and pretty easy, isn't it? And ArcInsider, are you ticked that Drew was looking for a job while employed by Valpo or are you ticked at those that may be ticked that he left? Your posts paint a conflicting picture. I can't follow man. And being the "insider", how did you not know that Vujic was interviewing and may possibly take Skara with him if he didn't land the job. Inquiring minds want to know but I already know the answer, "ask my daughter." So much for "insider" info.

To those that appreciate what I say, thank you. For those that cannot stand that I invoke who my daughter is, well, take a flying leap. I love her and love the fact she chose this university as her destination for further studies. I loved this school the minute I came for a Game back in 2008. Way to rid me of something that I enjoyed, this board, but oh well. I try and justify my commentary and always caveat it by saying take it for it is for what is worth. I'm not sure who is reading so I try and justify where the info comes from. Valpo is a very tight knit and low student population, my daughter is good people. She hangs out at the trainers table with the athletes, she hangs out with some of these said athletes on campus and at parties. I only comment what she says because I assume many are alumni who aren't as close to the program then when they were on campus. Shoot me.

I invoke DePaul as that is where I came from and grew up with. Comparisons to the Valpo program are justified because they suck at what they're doing, are in the logistics of where Valpo is and Valpo has so much potential and every one of my posts enforces that. They play in a bigger conference that Valpo aspires to be in and it ticks me off that they collect checks for the sake of money rather than developing a program which I hope and think Valpo is doing. I've never said anything that points at DePaul being better than Valpo, Never.

ArcInsider, how can I argue with your great inside information and ability to discourse by saying "ask your daughter", you are truly a men amongst us posting boys. And CMack, you win, I will choose to watch my daughter, talk with her and enjoy Valpo basketball without ever posting a darn thing ever again. Enjoy the ride fellas, I'm out and done with dealing with crap like this. My bad, I just assumed from the people I encountered at this fine institution and had the pleasure to meet that this board (and there are so many darn good Indivduals here) would be much the same but it isn't as it seems some have their own agendas. Peace out, I wish everyone the best, no more words, Valpodad89
ValpoDad89, I think you may have over reacted, just a tad.  Yesterday, you quoted a post from prior to Matt Lottich being named coach.  At the time Lottich was announced, everything looked great, and all players were happy.  This is according to those close to the program, such as chef and Paul Oren.  There was no indicator that Skara was unhappy, or would leave Valpo.  When indeed that did happen, the two that were most surprised were chef and Oren.  Didn't make sense.  The "ask your daughter" comment had to do with the silliness of quoting something prior to the Skara situation, not with you directly.

We are all in agreement - we all support Valpo sports!

ARCInsider

ValpoDad89

covufan, you're probably right, I may have and probably overreacted. But that comment was directed at ArcInsider as he made some comments in other posts that I thought were condescending, that I ignored and figured since he was the "inside" man, how did he not know Skara was leaving? Childish yeah, Sophmoric, definitely. But his last comment to me hit a sore spot.

Here's who I am, I came on this board in Novemeber and read a lot before I really started posting. I work in downtown Chicago, went to DePaul, was a fan since the late '70's and saw how a good basketball team can improve enrollment and offer so many other opportunities from a cash perspective to improve other campus projects that have nothing to do with athletics. I've also seen how an indifferent administration can turn that once proud program into garbage, which is where DePaul currently sits. I know this U wants to increase enrollment and expand over time. That's a way that's been proven by a school 80 miles ENE. I live near Midway Airport so a ride to Valpo is an hour or just a little more (60 miles to be exact). I went to 14 games BBall games and 5 football games this year so I was at the school a lot. Many of my clients are based in MI and IN so when I'm passing through on my way home a stop at Valpo is on my way. I have dinner and lunch with my kid and while she is a "dancer" she is not a sports geek so to say. She knows I am and parts of our conversations center on that sometimes.

I report what she says because she's tuned in to a degree with athletics, knows I love em and many, are not privy to what is being said or going on from a campus perspective. She's also currently dating a football player who was scout team his first 3 years and found out today that he is "invited" to this year's camp which means he's considered a bigger part of the team. I don't claim to be in the "know" and welcome any contrary opinions. I also have never "attacked" anyone. RogerWilco, who I have to come find out is one funny cat with a great sense of humor, showed me to have a thicker skin. I took exception to something he said and was totally in the wrong, I learned from it. Like I said, I ignored many sarcastic comments directed at me but I felt a couple got a little personal and I'm not going to sit idly by and let them go either, I stand by what I say, just trying to create a discourse during a usually quitter time in college basketball. I can deal with criticism but if I respect your opinions, all I ask is for the same favor in return. That's all. 

ARCInsider

As mentioned elsewhere, just giving you a hard time ValpoDad.  I didn't intend for my comment to be considered "personal."  My apologies if you took it that way and, obviously, you should keep posting whatever you'd like to.

cmack

ValpoDad89

Arc, it's all good. I sent you a PM. Hopefully you read it.

Now that I'm getting to know others here, I'll vet the info given with some of you that are in the know and get some consensus before I post. I just know people are hungry for info and all I wanted to do is create conversation. I would never want to come across as a rumor monger, especially not with this school. Respect it too much for that.

a3uge

Quote from: ValpoDad89 on April 26, 2016, 09:25:49 PM
Arc, it's all good. I sent you a PM. Hopefully you read it.

Now that I'm getting to know others here, I'll vet the info given with some of you that are in the know and get some consensus before I post. I just know people are hungry for info and all I wanted to do is create conversation. I would never want to come across as a rumor monger, especially not with this school. Respect it too much for that.
Honestly, for the sake of your daughter, I'd be careful what you share to the board. Past and current players parents both read and post here, our PA announcer, play by play guy, even the AD...  You don't want to put her in an awkward situation spreading true or untrue rumors which will come back to her. It's 2016 and with what you've already shared about your life, you're hardly anonymous. Not saying I wouldn't enjoy some juicy rumors (you can always PM me), but just giving you some advice to be careful.

ValpoDad89

A3huge, very solid points. Very solid indeed. I shared conversations but In this day and age, with media being what it is, can hurt more than help.

M

There are others who work in and arOund the athletic department lurking here as well besides those mentioned.   :-X

FWalum

Quote from: a3uge on April 26, 2016, 10:02:52 PMHonestly, for the sake of your daughter, I'd be careful what you share to the board. Past and current players parents both read and post here, our PA announcer, play by play guy, even the AD...  You don't want to put her in an awkward situation spreading true or untrue rumors which will come back to her. It's 2016 and with what you've already shared about your life, you're hardly anonymous. Not saying I wouldn't enjoy some juicy rumors (you can always PM me), but just giving you some advice to be careful.
Quote from: ValpoDad89 on April 26, 2016, 10:27:11 PM
A3huge, very solid points. Very solid indeed. I shared conversations but In this day and age, with media being what it is, can hurt more than help.
ValpoDad89 very glad you are remaining here with us on the board. It is very nice to receive validation from a non-alum as to the virtues of our school.  You have put your love for your daughter and now VU on display and as a father and VU alum I appreciate both very much.

I do want to echo a3uge's sentiments on putting too much info out on the board for all in the VU community to read.  I even forget the consequences sometimes and I have been on this and the previous iterations of the VU forum for a long time.  ;D
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

historyman

Does anyone know if ValpoDad89 will be back?
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

VULB#62

This is a very old thread, but I searched for the right one to drop this paste and this was it.  Paul found this link and posted it on his twitter account.  I urge every forum poster to read the article from Japan to get an even better sense of Matt's make-up and what he brings to the Valpo MBB  HC job.  This guy will win.

[tweet]805095125647052800[/tweet]

vusupporter

Quote from: Chairback on April 06, 2016, 06:05:37 PM
With Powell leaving to me the next logical coach if we are staying with someone in the current staff is Matt Lottich.  He's played pro and had a great college career.  Somewhere I read recently that he relates really well with the players.    He has the trust of the players and any of our current recruits out there.

I'm putting my money as Lottich as the next coach.  If so we need to support him fully.  I'd love to see the next coach beat a T25 team or win a game in the tourney.  Just maybe the next coach can get us over that hump we have had for 15+ years.

Well, Chairback nailed it.

Chairback

Actually Valpo U and ML nailed it.

We were all comfortable with the Drew's because they had been here forever and had been successful.  This change has been great as a fan.

NativeCheesehead

DONT ELEVATE A THREAD LIKE THIS AND SCARE ME SO EARLY IN THE MORNING!!!
(Seriously though thanks for nice quote and it's a great unintentional April fools joke)