• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Will the Valpo men or Valpo women win more games in the HL tournament?

Started by bbtds, March 01, 2017, 05:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will the Valpo men or Valpo women win more games in the HL tournament?

Valpo women
3 (16.7%)
Valpo men
13 (72.2%)
Same amount of wins for Valpo men as Valpo women
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

bbtds

Here's an interesting question. Will the women embarrass the men by winning more games in the HL tournament?

agibson

I'd not realized they were in the 8-9 play-in game. That makes the potential men vs. women competition more interesting (even if the women get UWGB next).

They're handling Youngstown's full court press well, and also doing well on the offensive glass. They had a decisive lead at the end of the third quarter. (Q4 probably ow underway.)

Is this the first season they've played quarters?

Do we really have a player with 10k Twitter followers?

What a bad WBB fan I am.

valpo64

hailcrusaders

#CrusadersForever

bbtds

Quote from: hailcrusaders on March 04, 2017, 09:16:20 PM
Well, I guess the women win this one.

Congrats to the 2 voters who picked the Valpo women. Right now I'm too depressed to talk about it.

brycepeters

The women's program's future looks brighter right now.

Our program is going to be in a free fall without Bryce and Matt Lottich is going to drive it into the ground! Mr no emotion has already destroyed this program after one year! He was left a gift by Bryce and he threw it away!

VULB#62

Quote from: brycepeters on March 05, 2017, 09:38:17 AM

Our program is going to be in a free fall without Bryce and Matt Lottich is going to drive it into the ground! Mr no emotion has already destroyed this program after one year! He was left a gift by Bryce and he threw it away!

Huh?  Oh, yes.  That's right.  He blatantly forced Skara to xfer to Wake Forest as soon as he took the job.  Then, in cahoots with SLU, he lobbied the NCAA to not grant Keith that extra year of eligibility.  On top of that, he got his manager to entice Jubril into turning in his work instead of his own.  And to put the icing on the cake, the cherry on the sundae, he made sure that Alec would not last the season by purposefully overworking him to the point of a stress fracture (Lottich was actually surprised he lasted as long as he did).  Yep, definitely threw it away. Good observation.

brycepeters

Quote from: VULB#62 on March 05, 2017, 10:02:48 AM

Huh?  Oh, yes.  That's right.  He blatantly forced Skara to xfer to Wake Forest as soon as he took the job.  Then, in cahoots with SLU, he lobbied the NCAA to not grant Keith that extra year of eligibility.  on top of that, he got his manager to entice Jubril into turning in his work instead of his own.  And to put the icing on the cake, the cherry on the sundae, he made sure that Alec would not last the season by purposefully overworking him to the point of a stress fracture (Lottich was actually surprised he lasted as long as he did).  Yep, definitely threw it away. Good observation.

What's a Valpo fan doing in Two Rivers?

VU2014

QuoteOur program is going to be in a free fall without Bryce and Matt Lottich is going to drive it into the ground! Mr no emotion has already destroyed this program after one year! He was left a gift by Bryce and he threw it away!

The Hot Take of all Hot Takes. The program is not in free fall. This team still won 24 games with out 3 key players (KCarter/Skara/Jubril) and then missed 4 if you include Peters for when the games really count. Yes the team $hit the bed last night but that loss last night wasn't on the coaching staff. 12 pts in the first half is on the guys. Only guy who actually looked like he wanted to score some buckets was Kiser. We had such a short bench that we started a freshman walk-on (going to probably get a scholarship). We didn't even have a Power Forward on the roster the last 3 games. Missing a lot of pieces and especially the biggest piece being Peters.

Coach Lottich shows a lot of emotion/passion during the game, but I agree he's very reserved and doesn't show much emotion during his Todd Ickow interviews or post game press conferences. I think the lack emotion stands out even more because he literally say nothing for 5-10 minutes because he doesn't want give up any strategy or anything from the game plan. He also doesn't look like he wants to ever be doing those "Valpo Basketball Previews" with Ickow (to be honest who would want to have to do that). Bryce played ball a little more with those Ickow weekly interviews.

I get the being disappointed and the emotions of the loss are still fresh but the program is not in free fall. Lottich has done well with what he's been given to work with (Not been able to work with thanks to the NCAA).

a3uge

Lol Bryce is the one who left us with 3 open scholarships, a graduating Peters, and no point guard backup after Carter (which is the reason why we didn't make the tournament last year). He also took along Valpo's top assistant, and probably tried to take along players (Skara... Peters?).

Lottich isn't the reason why Valpo was starting a walk-on.

VU2014

QuoteLol Bryce is the one who left us with 3 open scholarships, a graduating Peters, and no point guard backup after Carter (which is the reason why we didn't make the tournament last year). He also took along Valpo's top assistant, and probably tried to take along players (Skara... Peters?).

Lottich isn't the reason why Valpo was starting a walk-on.

We can't blame Bryce. He left us Alec Peters. It was a strange year with the large amount of open scholarships, but EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE from the players, coaches, ADs, Horizon League Leadership thought Keith Carter would get another year. He was hurt the freshman year and played only a handful of minutes and SLU refused to red-shirt him because they knew he wanted to transfer with the new Coaching staff turnover there at the time. NCAA screwed us on that.

The one thing I'm curious to find out the back story on was Skara transfer. We all know that the scumbag from Don Bosco "Prep" Maravilla used David Skara as a leverage to get a coach on staff with Valpo and then forced him to transfer. Bryce wanted to bring Skara over to Vandy once he knew Skara was transferring but skara wasn't aloud to go to Vandy but was aloud anywhere else. (that is normal procedure for ADs in granting transfers). I just don't know if we even know the whole story there.

The point being is that the cupboard wasn't bare but there were glaring recruiting holes at some positions. I don't blame Bryce and I don't blame Lottich either.

Valpo has had a lot of Bad Luck the last 12 months. If we have Healthy Peters (would be healthy with less min), Skara, Jubril and Keith Carter then we may be an outright tourney bid team and would have a had a better shot of not losing to Santa Clara, better chance against Oregon, Better showing against Kentucky on the road, and probably wouldn't lose 4 Conference games (you always have to expect 1-2 tourney losses regardless). We'd be a different team...

usc4valpo

The women's program looks brighter? You are correct, anything looks brighter when you are in darkness. That programs needs a change.