• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #30 - @ Wright State 2/24 6:30 PM CST

Started by VULB#62, February 24, 2017, 09:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vufan75

As reported by ValpoBasketball, Paul Oren, probably others, just saw this tweet.

Alec Peters will not play tonight due to a lower leg injury, snapping his streak of 134 consecutive games started. #GoValpo #HLMBB

M

Well if Valpo still wins tonight and Oakland loses he probably won't play Sunday.

a3uge

Quote from: wh on February 24, 2017, 04:52:42 PM
Quote from: a3uge on February 24, 2017, 03:28:35 PM
Oakland lost to Cleveland State and Detroit at home. And also were VERY lucky to escape UWM and UIC. And not in a "they were close with 4 min left" kind of way. They're not as good as their record shows.

That's a good description of the team that went 5-4 in the first half. Unfortunately, they're 7-0 in the 2nd half, including another blowout win over Valpo.
The UWM game was not in the first half of the year.

oklahomamick

No alex tonight?  No 5th HL Championship in 6 years.
CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

Vegas spread moved 4 points.  Was Valpo -2 now +4
CRUSADERS!!!

VUOR63

So we'll be getting a glimpse of what next year will look like.

SanityLost17

If there is anybody on this team who is upset about living under Peter's shadow, now is their chance to show what they can do. 

Win or lose, if Tevonn gets a bunch of touches and gets his mojo going.  I will consider that a win. 

oklahomamick

Big question is how serious is Peter's injury???

I bet we get a generic answer or not even an answer at all. 
CRUSADERS!!!

NativeCheesehead

The universe is trying to &$@/ us this year.

M

SanityLost17

If I remember correctly WSU goes 4 guards and a stretch 5....   So they are small.   

How do we matchup.  Do we go small as well or do we see twin towers tonight? 

valpolaw

Just when u think things can't get worse....

valpopal

Alec has been hammered this season and been playing injured since the Green Bay game, which adds more light to this comment by his father a couple of weeks ago.

[tweet]830652515968548864[/tweet]

VU2014

wow Alec's Dad's tweet meant more then we all were lead to believe. Its amazing that he was playing so well with that much pain if he's on crutches.

Very sad. I hope Alec is alright and gets healthy.

a3uge

Hard to win without your best player AND when the other team is making EVERYTHING.

Valpower

Valpo's not doing poorly at using all the tools in the toolbox, so far. WSU is going to hit their 3s, but if Valpo keeps it close later in the game, it may spoil their confidence.  Foul differential is key.

covufan

We need to start hitting the boards and defending the 3

oklahomamick

This has been a very unlucky year.....

Meanwhile Oakland is pulling away
CRUSADERS!!!

NativeCheesehead

Hard to feel optimistic about the tourney even if Alec plays.

NativeCheesehead

Let me rephrase. Watching this and the Oakland game is like being a Falcons fan and Tom Brady just got the ball in overtime. You hope against hope, but you already know how it ends.

PlumStreetBum

Hearing second-hand (someone I know asked Mark LaBarbera) that Peters has a stress fracture.

VU2014

QuoteHearing second-hand (someone I know asked Mark LaBarbera) that Peters has a stress fracture.

If its a stress fracture then he's probably out for the rest of the year...

I've had had stress fracture in my leg and I was out for month from running in high school. I don't want to play doctor but a stress fracture is not good especially at the end of the season and for a player who is going to be training for the NBA scouting combine in a few months.

Hopefully he's able to rest it for a few weeks and come back. We don't know how bad it is.

valpo84

By the way, Valpo connection on Wright State, Custer is the Son of George Custer who was a Pike in the early-mid 80s.  I told Mrs 84, that I think he might be from Cincinnati and his Dad might be George.... LinkedIn confirmed! I think George played Football? Colvu-- did you know him?
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

oklahomamick

If indeed it's a stress fracture then peters out the rest of the year. 

This year started so promising winning the Vegas tournament and ending with jubril and Alec on the bench....ouch
CRUSADERS!!!