• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #30 - @ Wright State 2/24 6:30 PM CST

Started by VULB#62, February 24, 2017, 09:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

THANK GOD FOR WRIGHT STATE TURNOVERS!!!!!

Orville & Wilbur sure do know how to cook up those apple & cherry ones.

NativeCheesehead

The kids that were able to compete tonight should be very proud of the heart hey showed. Going to be tough without a healthy Alec going forward. 

covufan

Quote from: valpo84 on February 24, 2017, 08:16:32 PM
By the way, Valpo connection on Wright State, Custer is the Son of George Custer who was a Pike in the early-mid 80s.  I told Mrs 84, that I think he might be from Cincinnati and his Dad might be George.... LinkedIn confirmed! I think George played Football? Colvu-- did you know him?
Does not ring a bell.

bigmosmithfan1

Just a fantastic effort tonight under tough circumstances. Could not be more proud right now.

govalpogo

I'm glad the actual team of basketball players has more confidence than this board.  It has (and I'm sure will continue to be) difficult for me to read.  I'm getting most of my VUMBB fix straight from Paul Oren these days.  I just had to compliment on this gutty gutty performance!  Great win down 2 of your best players.  WSU's offense either produced a steal or a basket, no in between!  Go Valpo Go!

VULB#62

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on February 24, 2017, 08:33:52 PM
The kids that were able to compete tonight should be very proud of the heart hey showed. Going to be tough without a healthy Alec going forward.

Yep " the kids are OK". This may be an epiphanous moment for this program. It also shows that Matt can find ways to adjust.

valpo64

What a terrific effort from ML's team!!  Talk about stepping up when needed. Just a great win, led by a hounding defense.  Now let's hope Alec will be OK.   Let's get NKU on Sunday!

frontrowfan

VUOR63

--Head Coach leaves
--Skara transfers
--Carter denied another season
--Adekoya kicked off the team by the NCAA
--Peters lower leg injury

Guys still respond and put themselves in a position to win the conference regular season.  Impressive.  I hope Peters can come back and play some this season!

VULB#62

So much for assumed listless play. That took digging deep and playing on guts. It also demonstrated the talent this team actually has.

bigmosmithfan1

QuoteI hope Peters can come back and play some this season!

I gotta think there's no way in hell he misses the HL tourney, and taking care of the lingering injury now is done with the express purpose of making sure he's ready for Joe Louis Arena.

VUSL98

Lexus was the answer to the question: who has been overshadowed by Alec this season.  Nice to see him have a good game.  His best in HL.  Too bad he didn't finish with 20 points.

VULB#62

Quote from: VUOR63 on February 24, 2017, 08:43:08 PM
--Head Coach leaves (rookie head coach takes his place)
--Skara transfers
--Carter denied another season
--Adekoya kicked off the team by the NCAA
--Peters lower leg injury

Guys still respond and put themselves in a position to win the conference regular season.  Impressive.  I hope Peters can come back and play some this season!

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 24, 2017, 06:22:35 PM
Big question is how serious is Peter's injury???

I bet we get a generic answer or not even an answer at all.

Do we require an answer?  If the injury occurred during the GB game as suggested, this is precautionary.  After all, it's NCAA or bust for this senior class. 

Heck of a scrappy win for these guys.  This is the type of play we have all been searching for since before Christmas!!! Onwards and upwards!!!

jsher3141

Quote from: bigmosmithfan1 on February 24, 2017, 08:45:50 PM
QuoteI hope Peters can come back and play some this season!
I gotta think there's no way in hell he misses the HL tourney, and taking care of the lingering injury now is done with the express purpose of making sure he's ready for Joe Louis Arena.

Definitely agree. He's known about this for a while. He wouldn't have promised a tournament run in his senior night speech if he was going to be out the rest of the year. If it was that bad, he would have sat out of games a while back. Rest him for almost two weeks now before the tourney, and come back as strong as possible and run the tournament.

NativeCheesehead

Yes this board, like many others, can and is pessimistic. And I am one of the most guilty of that.  That comes from putting the fan in fanatic and living and dying (at least as much as is healthy) with the team that I love. But thanks for stopping by and letting us know how much we disappoint you.

FieldGoodie05

Anybody else see Bradford sulking on the bench during timeouts.  Is he engaged with the team? 

Purely speculation, but I'm calling he's a transfer risk.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on February 24, 2017, 09:00:01 PM
Yes this board, like many others, can and is pessimistic. And I am one of the most guilty of that.  That comes from putting the fan in fanatic and living and dying (at least as much as is healthy) with the team that I love. But thanks for stopping by and letting us know how much we disappoint you.

Long live pessimism!! I recommend a bubble boy approach to life if we really make you RANDY baby!

VU2014

QuoteI gotta think there's no way in hell he misses the HL tourney, and taking care of the lingering injury now is done with the express purpose of making sure he's ready for Joe Louis Arena.

If your hurt your hurt. Stress fractures are no joke. It's not like playing on a sprained ankle.

M

Great night by the guards! Took a while to figure it all out, but looked great the last 15 minutes.

VU2014

QuoteAnybody else see Bradford sulking on the bench during timeouts.  Is he engaged with the team? 

I have not noticed it. Coach has been trusting him more in Conference play and he's look better.

I know Bradford and Coach Lottich are pretty close. Coach Lottich was the primary recruiter recruiting him last season. May be reading too much into his body language. Its been a roller coaster with Micah but he's look better in conference play.

SanityLost17

Read a few places above of the rumor of a stress fracture. (just trying to give some expert feedback) 

A stress fracture does not mean he is done for the year!  I coach distance runners and we have at least one stress fracture every single season.  If the injury is in the last 4-5 weeks of the season the Dr. almost always says to go ahead and finish the season with a mix of cross training and only running a few days per week.

That means he can probably participate in shooting drills without pain and he just needs to manage practice time.  He can get through the end of the season, but he will need to limit his activity.  So 1 full practice and 1 game per week max.   However, when pain spikes he may have to take a full week here and there.   Now, there are some risks.  The bone could break.  However, if it is in his foot (like most of my runner's are) then a break heals just as quickly as a crack.     

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: VU2014 on February 24, 2017, 09:24:02 PM
QuoteAnybody else see Bradford sulking on the bench during timeouts.  Is he engaged with the team? 

I have not noticed it. Coach has been trusting him more in Conference play and he's look better.

I know Bradford and Coach Lottich are pretty close. Coach Lottich was the primary recruiter recruiting him last season. May be reading too much into his body language. Its been a roller coaster with Micah but he's look better in conference play.

Good point on the recruiting closeness.  Just some observations, then again I'm wrong more than right on transfers.  Certainly didn't see Skara happening.

justducky

19 minutes from Jay, no shots, 2 rebounds, 2 assists! 21 minutes from Derrik, with 4 shots, 4 rebounds, and 2 assists. Those are interesting numbers showing that the ball just didn't go inside unless it was taken there on the dribble. I wouldn't expect that to be duplicated at NKU.