• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Per Report: Alec Peters OUT for rest of season & End to his College Career

Started by VU2014, March 01, 2017, 08:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NativeCheesehead

So a 50/50 shot at the title just went down to a hope and a prayer.

Most disappointing year in school history.

VU2014

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/837130505380220929

Valparaiso star forward Alec Peters' career is over, source told ESPN. Has a stress reaction and will not play rest of season -- even if Crusaders get to NCAA tourney.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0628783364433778847-4

VUSWIM08-12

friiiiiiiiggg...time to see what we are made of!! We can still go dancing  :o

a3uge

Quote from: VU2014 on March 01, 2017, 08:52:03 PM
https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/837130505380220929

Valparaiso star forward Alec Peters' career is over, source told ESPN. Has a stress reaction and will not play rest of season -- even if Crusaders get to NCAA tourney.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0628783364433778847-4
I'm assuming he meant his college career is over? Terrible journalism there.

wh

KC, Scara, Jubril, and now AP. This makes Trey Lewis and Anton Grady leaving CSU look like child's play.

To whoever wins the tournament (if not Valpo) - you're welcome!

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: wh on March 01, 2017, 08:57:56 PM
KC, Scara, Jubril, and now AP. This makes Trey Lewis and Anton Lewis leaving CSU look like child's play.

To whoever wins the tournament (if not Valpo) - you're welcome!

Thanks for 4 great years Alec, sadly I think this was always going to be his only move.  He has a bright future...too bright to sideline over the HL tournament.

a3uge

NativeCheesehead

So assuming a MCM loss somewhere, still have a good shot at CIT or CBI. Be a nice chance for Shane to be showcased and give the young guys another couple of games to mature.

Still, this is so f&&$ing disappointing.

valpolaw

Wouldn't expect the season to end any other way at this point....this will always be the season that could've been....

VUOR63

After what the NCAA did to the program as far as Keith Carter and Jubril Adekoya go, why put forth the effort and risk further injury (and lots of money) for a tournament sponsored by the NC double a**holes?

elephtheria47

Best player in valpo history and we go 0-1 in the ncaa tourney in that time..

VU2014

QuoteBest player in valpo history and we go 0-1 in the ncaa tourney in that time..

NCAA selection committee screwed us last year and then $%#^ed us this year again with Keith Carter & Jubril rulings.

Alec won't even get the opportunity this season to make a postseason run.

Man we've received a raw deal the last 12months. About time were due for some luck.

PlumStreetBum

Nice of the Valpo MBB beat reporter to finally confirm what I reported a week ago w/r/t stress fracture ::)

Also: This #^*%ing sucks. But hopefully he's healthy/reliable enough that this doesn't hurt Peters' draft stock, he's got a lot of potential ahead of him yet.

covufan

NativeCheesehead

So i'm voting we don't even make the trip to Green Bay next year. Two years in a row season altering injuries have happened up there.

SanityLost17

Graduated 2 really strong player..
Lost 2 really strong players to NCAA decisions..
Lost 1 really strong player to transfer..
Injury to best player in program history..
Lost 2 great coaches to Vandy..

Obviously it is very easy to focus on the negative, but lets not forget about the positives.  This has been a GREAT season.  We only lost 4 conference games, and we had 3 very good non-conference wins.  3 of the better non-con wins in recent memory.  Still by far the best RPI in the HL and we far and away scheduled the best non-con schedule and performed the best of any school in the Horizon in the non-con.  Even with graduation and the Carter/Skara decisions, we were still REALLY good in December.  Obviously this is not that team, but we are still solid. 

Other positive takeaways.   We are going to be a lot better next year having gone through all this.  Lottich learned a lot this year.  Tevonn will be a star and the freshman all got big minutes.  They should take a huge step forward next year.  Oakland/NKU will be 1 and 2 next year, but I think we can fight UIC/GB/WSU for 3rd place.  Not bad after a season such as this.   

I bought tickets for Motor City Madness.  A few friends and I are still going.  Lots of complaining about the tournament format.  Everyone needs to quit complaining and go watch this team.  Win or lose. 

VUOR63

Alec Peters is a class act.  It's too bad it ended early but I enjoyed the show while it lasted.

vu72

We will get to see him play in the NBA!  First rounders get a two year guaranteed deal and a bunch of money.  Best player to ever lace them up for the Brown and Gold and well deserved.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

crusadermoe

Great guy and great player.   On to the NBA.   He lifted his teammates when many in his position would have hogged more shots. 

We won the road against Wright State with our current cast.  Win it for Alec and Jubril and go to the dance, guys! 

We need two big games from Sorrola in the semis and finals assuming we reach semis.  He is capable.