• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo @ CSU, Fri 2/27 9 PM CST ESPNU

Started by LaPorteAveApostle, February 25, 2015, 10:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a3uge

Quote from: bbtds on March 02, 2015, 10:04:43 PM
Quote from: a3uge on February 27, 2015, 10:30:58 PMI think Erik Buggs was a better rebounder than Jubril.

......but Jubril was the HL sixth man of the year!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking back, I hope Jubril returns to the level he was playing at the beginning of the conference season. He really struggled rebounding against CSU and missed both his shots. In his past 5 games, he's failed to shoot above .500 3 times, where the rest of his conference games, he only failed to shoot above .500 twice. Hopefully he bounces back in the tournament, limits his fouls, and becomes a great spark off the bench.

valpo84

There was a foul called on the hit to Alec. Otherwise, they would have had to call a travel.... which with HL refs, you never know.
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

StlVUFan

Quote from: valpo84 on March 03, 2015, 07:56:26 AM
There was a foul called on the hit to Alec. Otherwise, they would have had to call a travel.... which with HL refs, you never know.
Thanks.  I gather it wasn't considered flagrant though, right?

agibson

Quote from: StlVUFan on March 03, 2015, 05:36:07 PMThanks.  I gather it wasn't considered flagrant though, right?

I would _definitely_ hope I'd remember that!  But, who knows...

humbleopinion

The foul was reviewed, and the officials decided it wasn't flagrant.
Beamin' Beacons

valporun

The officials said the CSU offender was playing the ball, and the "punch" was inadvertant because he was playing the ball, therefore no flagrant.

classof2014

I thought the officials made the correct call on the court. I didn't think it was a flagrant foul, if it wasn't accidental he did a really good job making it look accidental.

It was a rough game, the refs let it get like that. Luckily, this season our team is physical and athletic enough to beat the Cleveland State's of the world at their own game.

oklahomamick

Who goes after the ball with a closed fist? 
CRUSADERS!!!

valporun

humbleopinion

I remember thinking that punching the ball is a violation.  It isn't something that occurs often, but I have seen it called.
Beamin' Beacons

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: oklahomamick on March 04, 2015, 09:12:18 PM
Who goes after the ball with a closed fist? 
also Schröder

oh sorry ball SINGULAR
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

bbtds

Some of these aren't as "accidental" as we might think.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12338027/sterling-gibbs-seton-hall-suspended-two-games-hitting-villanova-ryan-arcidiacono-face

Seton Hall's player might have been going after the ball about as much as the CSU player trying to stop Alec. At least the refs in the Big East made the correct call.

FWalum

Would love to review the Peter's situation again. Does anyone remember approximately how much time was on the clock when this happened?
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

valpo84

FW: Early second half, about 2-4 mins in is my recollection. Recall before the 1st media time out.
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum