• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Keith Carter Denied 5th Year

Started by valpo04, May 11, 2016, 02:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

A load of crap, indeed. The NCAA should be ashamed.

valpopal

bigmosmithfan1

Funny how the NCAA bends over backwards for a Big Ten school, but screwed Keith out of his eligibility for no reason whatsoever. It's all a corrupt cartel.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: bigmosmithfan1 on May 08, 2017, 09:33:16 PM
Funny how the NCAA bends over backwards for a Big Ten school, but screwed Keith out of his eligibility for no reason whatsoever. It's all a corrupt cartel.

Did BEN Carter play a single minute last year?  Read like he screwed his knee up on his first practice with the team?

valpospartan

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on May 08, 2017, 09:47:33 PM
Quote from: bigmosmithfan1 on May 08, 2017, 09:33:16 PM

Did BEN Carter play a single minute last year?  Read like he screwed his knee up on his first practice with the team?

You are correct  0 minutes played this year.  Different situation than Carter's.  I think the NCAA screwed up in not giving KC another year, but I don't think they "bent over backward" in the BC/MSU case.

VU2014

bbtds

What we are forgetting is the input from Saint Louis that influenced the decision. The NCAA obviously felt more comfortable with SLU's coaching staff/training staff/AD's explanation of what happened in Keith's freshman year than KC's explanation. No matter what type of individual KC turned out to be the NCAA had to feel that during his freshman year Carter did not reveal the whole truth and that the SLU staff had the better story. In the end most coaching staffs don't try to hurt any kid's chances at playing but in Carter's case they must have felt they needed to teach KC a life lesson. As the Rolling Stones song says "You Can't Always Get What You Want."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S94ohyErSw

valpotx

Did Keith play professionally this past season?
"Don't mess with Texas"

oklahomamick

I think Keith is one of the most underrated players in VU history.  Possibly because we only got 2 years.

I miss the lobs to vashil
CRUSADERS!!!

bbtds

Quote from: valpotx on May 08, 2017, 11:56:50 PM
Did Keith play professionally this past season?

According to Keith's twitter he is not playing or has not played in any professional leagues so far.

valpotx

That is very surprising.  I would have figured he would be pro, by now.
"Don't mess with Texas"