• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Annual Fall Roster Overanalysis

Started by LaPorteAveApostle, October 29, 2012, 03:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaPorteAveApostle

All right, so the comments on the team picture made me think about this: something we NEED here.

Ground rules:
1)  All weight gain is good because stronger.
2)  All weight loss is good because faster.
3)  All height gain is good because obviously.

Returnees:
--WILL BOGAN:  Up 5 pounds to 175! Obviously jacked, from valpopal's rebound photo:
http://www.valpofanzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=995.msg18402#msg18402

--BEN BOGGS:  Down 10 pounds to 185!  Obviously faster, because everyone loved his much-improved exhibition debut:
http://www.valpofanzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=995.msg18400#msg18400

--ERIK BUGGS:  Up 5 pounds to 160!  Improved endurance!  Now with less fouling!

--KEVIN VAN WIJK:  Up 10 pounds to 240!  Ready to bang!

Newly Eligible
--BOBBY CAPOBIANCO:  One inch taller to 6'10"!  Lost 5 pounds to 245 so he's quicker to boot!

--VASHIL FERNANDEZ:  Winner of the training table--gained 20 pounds to 240!  Look out below (the hoop)!

--LAVONTE DORITY:  Up 5 pounds to 200--and looks like he'll need permits for them [/overused cliché for arm muscles]
http://www.valpofanzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=999.msg18465#msg18465

--ALEX ROSSI:  Um...down an inch to 6'5".  Hm...hard to spin.  [ding!]  The people at Cal are not as honest as we are!!!

--JORDAN COLEMAN:  Um...see above (but sub 6'4" for the new height).  Bryce and staff are honest to a fault!  That's it!
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

SadersofthelostArc

Sometimes when players get taller they struggle with coordination...so maybe Rossi and Coleman will be EXTRA coordinated since they are now shorter!

Funny analysis, LaPorte

LaPorteAveApostle

It's (past) that time again!

Remember the ground rules:
4)  All height loss is good because...because honesty is the best policy.

Returnees
Jordan Coleman is up 5 lbs to 190 and up an inch to 6'5"!  look out.

LVD is just the same.

Bobby Capobianco is down 10 pounds...because he needs to be sleeker to play more outside!  Brilliant!

Vashil Fernandez has bulked up 5 lbs to 245 to bang down low!

David Chadwick is the same.

Newbies
Keith Carter has gained The Freshman Transfer 15 (to 185) but lost an inch since high school to 6-even.

Moussa Gueye is still 7 foot, but has lost 30 lbs since his sophomore year at UA (jr yr unavailable online). SLEEK

Clay Yeo has lost the requisite 2 inches since HS to 6'4" but has bulked up 5 lbs to 180!

Lexus Williams is still 5'11, but is up to 155 from zero, apparently, because nobody noticed last year?  He is prone to fluctuating, because he was 150 as a HS junior, and then lost EVERYTHING.  I bet you think I'm joking, "that Apostle, he tries too hard sometimes" and then BAM YOU CLICKED HERE. http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/lexus-williams

Nick Davidson up 5 lbs to 200.

Jubril Adekoya, 6'6, 210 when he committed.  Now?  6'7, 225.  I know you're thinking "at this rate, he will be a 6'10, 270 lb senior" but I gotta tell you, it doesn't work like that.

Alec Peters was 6'7, 200 last year and is now 6'8, 225.  (Now I know you wouldn't go there after the last time, but a 6'11", 300-lb sr. if this worked arithmetically.)

E. Victor Nickerson, former faculty liason to the vice-chancellor's committee on diversity, has gained precisely 2 lbs to 195.  Well, he's got a year to work on that.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

FWalum

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on October 28, 2013, 09:44:50 PMHe is prone to fluctuating
I think it would have made more sense if you had said "He is prone to flatulating".
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: FWalum on October 29, 2013, 08:54:19 AMI think it would have made more sense if you had said "He is prone to flatulating".
but that is too obvious...never seen a Lexus that didn't run on gas

LaPorteAveApostle

It's HEEERE!  (not with picture yet, but can't wait.)

http://www.valpoathletics.com/mbasketball/roster/#.VDOjUUvTUkE

This year I put it in a chart so you can see everyone's development.

Reminder:
Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on October 28, 2013, 09:44:50 PM
the ground rules:
4)  All height loss is good because...because honesty is the best policy.

Returnees
Vashil Fernandez is the same.

David Chadwick has lost 5 pounds.  And gained quickness!

Keith Carter from 6-even to 6'1!

E. Victor Nickerson, Vice-Chancellor for Faculty Initiatives & Processes, has lost 15 pounds AND gained an inch to 6'8".  This is really hopeful news.

Lexus Williams is again up 5 pounds, and has gained an inch to an even six feet.  I don't want to talk about it. *sniff*

Nick Davidson is back down to 195, but up to 6'4"!

Jubril Adekoya, 6'6, 210 when he committed. Freshman: 6'7, 225.  And now up 5 pounds again.  I'm calling 6'8", 245 pound senior.

Alec Peters was 6'7, 200 in HS and reported at 6'8, 225.  Same weight, but now 6'9"!  Look. Out. HL.

Newbies
Darien Walker is 6'3", 215, down 3 pounds from JUCO.

Shane Hammink is down 7 pounds from last year (LSU) but up 2 from freshman year.

Tevonn Walker, Max Joseph, David Skara...we'll have to watch them going forward.