• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Status of E. Victor Nickerson for start of season

Started by FWalum, September 11, 2014, 11:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FWalum

From an article by Michael Osipoff dated April 16, 2014:
Quote"Junior swingman E. Victor Nickerson, who sat out this past season after transferring from Charlotte, was off crutches on Wednesday following hip surgery, but is scheduled to undergo surgery on his other hip in three weeks. The Crusaders are hoping he gets cleared to return to the court in August."
I don't know about the rest of you, but I believed that Nickerson could have been the X factor going into this season.  If healthy, I think he could be a big contributor to the success of this years squad.  Have I missed any announcements or information regarding E. Victor's status?

My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

FWalum

Well I can see there's a lot of interest on this subject. I guess from the lack of responses I must not have missed anything.   :snore:

At least one media outlet has mentioned Nickerson. Here's a quote from West Coast Convo on the breakdown of the Portland Pilots out of conference schedule which says "with Dority's departure, expects sophomore forward Alec Peters to take on a bigger role, especially on the offense event of the court. E. Victor Nickerson, a transfer from Charlotte, will provide length to the Crusaders frontcourt.  At this rate he is definately our best kept secret.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

wh

I assume everyone is very interested.  Personally, I know little about either where he is in his recovery or the impact he might have on this year's team.  I remember watching him shoot last spring under Bryce's tutelage and being impressed with his range and form.  That's about as much as I know.

Calling Chef!

chef

I saw E. Victor working out in the gym this week. He looked to be moving very well under the circumstances. He's currently ahead of schedule. Unless there's a further setback he'll be in the rotation this season.

FWalum

Quote from: wh on September 12, 2014, 04:50:36 PMI assume everyone is very interested.  Personally, I know little about either where he is in his recovery or the impact he might have on this year's team.  I remember watching him shoot last spring under Bryce's tutelage and being impressed with his range and form.  That's about as much as I know.

Calling Chef!
Quote from: chef on September 14, 2014, 09:28:33 PMI saw E. Victor working out in the gym this week. He looked to be moving very well under the circumstances. He's currently ahead of schedule. Unless there's a further setback he'll be in the rotation this season.

Thanks guys!

Chef, hope to see you in Fort Wayne on Dec 20th.