• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

The Good and the Bad of Valpodad89

Started by ValpoDad89, August 24, 2016, 11:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ValpoDad89

I love Valpo. I love Valpo hoops no matter what.

Here's the good...My daughter will no longer be dancing for the Valpo team so I can no longer give bad information. A stress fracture in her foot only got worse and we, as a family decided it was in her best interests to no longer continue. She is cool with the decision and it was all hers so I am cool with it.

Now I have to BUY my own season tickets which is good for the University, maybe not my pocketbook but I welcome giving back to something I have enjoyed well before my daughter decided to come here.

The Bad...I love this board too much to leave. Sorry if some are put off by this but I cannot get enough of you guys!!!!

vu72

Quote from: ValpoDad89 on August 24, 2016, 11:54:13 PM
I love Valpo. I love Valpo hoops no matter what.

Here's the good...My daughter will no longer be dancing for the Valpo team so I can no longer give bad information. A stress fracture in her foot only got worse and we, as a family decided it was in her best interests to no longer continue. She is cool with the decision and it was all hers so I am cool with it.

Now I have to BUY my own season tickets which is good for the University, maybe not my pocketbook but I welcome giving back to something I have enjoyed well before my daughter decided to come here.

The Bad...I love this board too much to leave. Sorry if some are put off by this but I cannot get enough of you guys!!!!

What?  Love your posts!  Stay around, please!!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VULB#62

Welcome back.  Where the hell have you been?  I will say that, upon your return, you did not come back meekly -- thanks for all (I counted 8) of your "catching-up" posts.

ValpoFan

Welcome back Valpo Dad!
I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's foot. Here is for a quick and painless recovery.

ValpoDad89

I love this board and am an older guy getting used to this email stuff and message stuff where the type written word is not commensurate with the spoken one. Through all of you guys I learned some humility and education to what happens on the goings on of a Message Board. I hit and ran a DePaul one but they are so terrible, well what can one do. I love this board almost, and I say almost for my love of Valpo. From a guy with a kid who goes here, money well worth spent my friends!!!

And ValpoFan, thank you for the kind words. She is heartbroken not being part of the team but she doesn't want surgery (her only option) and she sees this as a great opportunity to get more involved in Campus life. She's my kid, I will love her no matter what.

ARCInsider

Just a thought....think your daughter could get involved with the ARC intramurals program or maybe intern with the athletic department?  Haha, we just need our inside rumors fix!!  :lol: :lol:

cmack

I know I am excited to hear more obvious parallels between Valpo and DePaul!  :thumbsup:

wh

Welcome back to a guy with great value-add to the board. Now if we can get our resident professor back (sorry, can't think of his name for the life of me), stlvufan, rink, and a few other regulars, the board will be rock'in!

vu72

Quote from: wh on August 29, 2016, 07:05:23 PM
Welcome back to a guy with great value-add to the board. Now if we can get our resident professor back (sorry, can't think of his name for the life of me), stlvufan, rink, and a few other regulars, the board will be rock'in!

A couple profs come to mind and one is agibson who never left to my knowledge.  Could you be thinking of Section EE?
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

wh

Ah, agibson. I wasn't thinking that he had left-left, only that he usually keeps a pretty low profile during the summer. Since you mentioned it, I do wonder what happened to Section EE, a one time regular contributor.

ARCInsider

I'd like to see Sader back...brought a ton of humor and insight to the board.  Section EE, DMValpo18, Lasorda, et al, conspicuously absent from the board in recent times.  Bring back the dream team!!!!

M

All dream teams come to an end, but it may be time to form a new team. A group worthy to continue the dream.

ARCInsider

Not a bad idea.  I think I like this "M" guy.  ;D

bbtds

agibson