• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Looking for a good home

Started by IndyValpo, September 30, 2016, 07:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndyValpo

Back before the internet, schools used to print media guides. Actually maybe they still do.

Regardless, I have Valpo Basketball Media Guides from 1981-82 to 2000-01 with the exception of one year (not sure which). They have fallen victim to a downsizing and I am looking for someone who is interested in keeping them.

I know many on here complain about how we did not take advantage of our NCAA run, but after looking through these last night....we have really come a long way from 1981.

PM if interested

sliman

Regarding the media guides, I'd encourage you to check with the archives at the University library to see if they have a copy of all of these guides.  If not, I'm sure they'd love to have them.  The contact is Judy Miller and her email address should be easy to find on the University web site.  I feel your pain, though.

Valpo89

Quote from: IndyValpo on September 30, 2016, 07:20:33 AM
They have fallen victim to a downsizing and I am looking for someone who is interested in keeping them.

Let's be honest here. Your wife is making you get rid of them. :)

Pgmado

Back before the internet, schools used to print media guides. Actually maybe they still do.

Regardless, I have Valpo Basketball Media Guides from 1981-82 to 2000-01 with the exception of one year (not sure which). They have fallen victim to a downsizing and I am looking for someone who is interested in keeping them.

I know many on here complain about how we did not take advantage of our NCAA run, but after looking through these last night....we have really come a long way from 1981.

PM if interested

I'm happy to take them. Doing some research. I'm interested in any and all Valpo basketball historical stuff.

justducky

Quote from: Valpo89 on September 30, 2016, 11:03:28 AM
They have fallen victim to a downsizing and I am looking for someone who is interested in keeping them.

Quote from: Pgmado on September 30, 2016, 01:39:15 PMI'm happy to take them. Doing some research. I'm interested in any and all Valpo basketball historical stuff.

Oh No!  :o  My crystal ball is suddenly forecasting marital difficulties at the Pgmado household!

Pgmado

Quote from: justducky on September 30, 2016, 02:28:59 PM
Quote from: Valpo89 on September 30, 2016, 11:03:28 AM

It wasn't a marriage, but my relationship ship sailed in January!
Quote from: Pgmado on September 30, 2016, 01:39:15 PMI'm happy to take them. Doing some research. I'm interested in any and all Valpo basketball historical stuff.

Oh No!  :o  My crystal ball is suddenly forecasting marital difficulties at the Pgmado household!

ValpoDad89

Indy, I am a big fan of my print media but I believe, and true of pro teams as well, due to the Internet and electronic age, many teams do not bother anymore. If I had them they'd be yours but I think schools look at the cost and feel it is too great.

IKone152