• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #16 Detroit Mercy SUNDAY NOON January 8 ARC

Started by talksalot, January 06, 2017, 10:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

Quote from: Valpo Joe on January 08, 2017, 04:16:50 PM
Right on Bro!  AP is the BEST on the floor.  Come on ML get your TEAM to use him. No way should there be this much of a struggle.  :cheers:

It's strange. The end of the press conference where Oren brought up Alec's individual achievement and Alec played it down, Tavonn gave Alec a congratulatory fist bump to Alec's shoulder and then Coach Lottich said it wouldn't be mentioned at all at the team meetings does not emphasize at all the need to get the team's best player the ball more.

FWalum

Alec is missing the boat... he should have a promotion deal with whatever "sports" drink he is always drinking at the press conferences!
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

oklahomamick

Quote from: IndyValpo on January 09, 2017, 07:40:11 AM
Quote from: oklahomamick on January 08, 2017, 03:03:31 PMMy opinion on Bradford is ive seen enough.  I understand he's a freshman but Oakland has a freshman guard that is contributing.
I agree less than 20 games into his career....lets write him off after all Oakland has a freshman that is contributing. Stupid comment...

The point is that other HL programs (with less success) are able to recruit freshman that can compete and contribute immediately in conference play.  As of right now?  Shouldn't get minutes unless the game is out of reach.  As for the future?  You say he's only 20 games into his freshman year.  That's fair, time will tell but I'm betting against it.     
CRUSADERS!!!

talksalot

Quote from: bbtds on January 09, 2017, 08:47:47 AMOren brought up Alec's individual achievement

Alec tied Bryce Drew's all time "field goals made" record (696).

VUBBFan

Quote from: FWalum on January 09, 2017, 11:33:54 AMAlec is missing the boat... he should have a promotion deal with whatever "sports" drink he is always drinking at the press conferences!
You notice, he never has the label facing the camera to show what it is? It looks like he goes between two different ones. Maybe he's holding out for the best deal from each company to show and promote who they are. LOL.

vu72

Quote from: FWalum on January 09, 2017, 11:33:54 AM
Alec is missing the boat... he should have a promotion deal with whatever "sports" drink he is always drinking at the press conferences!

I think it is milk!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

FieldGoodie05

I'll comment without name calling.  The difference I see is that Bradford is a shoot first guard, and we have 4 guys on the floor (at all times) that ought to shoot before he does.  That's a tall order for a more volume oriented freshmen guard.

I think Bradford has been selfish with some of his shots...but I get the feeling the coaches are allowing him to shoot when open.  It's just my definition of open is quite different than Bradfords.  But I'm the armchair guard, so I'll just post here and look for everyone's thoughts on Bradford.

P.S.  I also wonder if he isn't our 1x annual transfer.  His demeanor has him experiencing BIG highs and lows on his shot.  Could be over reading it though, after all, he's young. 

P.S.  OU's backup guard was solid...despite his uniform consisting of boxer briefs for shorts.  Could leave a little more to the imagination imo.

VU2624

Quote from: vu72 on January 09, 2017, 12:50:35 PM
Quote from: FWalum on January 09, 2017, 11:33:54 AMAlec is missing the boat... he should have a promotion deal with whatever "sports" drink he is always drinking at the press conferences!
I think it is milk!

Looks like Moo Milk.

VU2014

I know earlier we were talking about how some were concerned with Micah's play so far and want more from him. I'm listening the latest union street hoops podcast and Paul/Parker touch on Micah. I along with oklahomamick, VU72, FieldGoodie05, and maybe a few others were discuss Micah. Paul almost wrote an article about Micah, which I hope he still writes because I feel like a lot of us around here are really pulling for and are waiting for him to take that next step.

If you want to hear the Micah part it starts at (30:00)

http://www.nwitimes.com/digital/audio/union-street-hoops/podcast-union-street-hoops-episode/audio_a079bdde-d824-11e6-b720-3f8032a4143f.html

bbtds

Quote from: VU2014 on January 11, 2017, 02:56:46 PM
I know earlier we were talking about how some were concerned with Micah's play so far and want more from him. I'm listening the latest union street hoops podcast and Paul/Parker touch on Micah. I along with oklahomamick, VU72, FieldGoodie05, and maybe a few others were discuss Micah. Paul almost wrote an article about Micah, which I hope he still writes because I feel like a lot of us around here are really pulling for and are waiting for him to take that next step.

If you want to hear the Micah part it starts at (30:00)

http://www.nwitimes.com/digital/audio/union-street-hoops/podcast-union-street-hoops-episode/audio_a079bdde-d824-11e6-b720-3f8032a4143f.html

#1, Micah must get in the weight room and put on some body muscle. He is just way too thin for Div.1 mid-major level.