• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #20- UIC Sunday January 22 2pm ARC

Started by talksalot, January 17, 2017, 05:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizz

You guys make it so hard to keep ones mouth shut. Criminal, Clark got busted for weed.  Twice. Funny it's legal in 1/3 of the country but he's a criminal. Yet your guy Cheats. Academic Fraud.  But that's OK.  Let him play right. Because no one on your team has ever smoked weed.  Word going around is NCAA is involved.  No one on Oaklands board has tried to embarrass your kid, no ones called him out. But you live that private school Christian life. I guess it makes you feel better, or makes Valpo look better even though he kick your butt,  to call Stevie, a kid you have never meant, a criminal.  What are you gong to say when your  school has to vacate wins, or even worse, vacate a championship.. that's ok, have at it, it's a message board, you can hide in anonymity

a3uge

Quote from: Grizz on January 21, 2017, 02:42:24 PM
You guys make it so hard to keep ones mouth shut. Criminal, Clark got busted for weed.  Twice. Funny it's legal in 1/3 of the country but he's a criminal. Yet your guy Cheats. Academic Fraud.  But that's OK.  Let him play right. Because no one on your team has ever smoked weed.  Word going around is NCAA is involved.  No one on Oaklands board has tried to embarrass your kid, no ones called him out. But you live that private school Christian life. I guess it makes you feel better, or makes Valpo look better even though he kick your butt,  to call Stevie, a kid you have never meant, a criminal.  What are you gong to say when your  school has to vacate wins, or even worse, vacate a championship.. that's ok, have at it, it's a message board, you can hide in anonymity

But that grammar tho

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: Grizz on January 21, 2017, 02:42:24 PM

I'm referring to hanging his man piece out of a car window to relieve himself publicly.  This was after the arrest you speak for weed, of which I have no issue with.

I welcome a correction if that act I refer to wasn't prosecuted.  But as far as Christian goes...I grew up an OU fan from north of Detroit.  Keep your trolling to a minimal.  If you read the remainder of my posts you will see someone with top respect for a team I grew up watching.  Kampe is one great guy.

Christian has nothing to do with it.  Your university sits in one of Americas richest suburbs with a stretch of homes called "The Million Dollar Mile".

P.S.  Stevie CLARK is easy to hate.  So if my honest comments get you going you might consider medicating before you come trolling again.

talksalot

Gee, I thought this thread was about the Valpo UIC Game on Sunday... silly me.

FieldGoodie05

talksalot

Variety is a Hollywood Magazine.

and the Dictionary.Com uses this appropriate definition:

a number of different types of things, especially ones in the same general category:
ie., a large variety of fruits.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: talksalot on January 21, 2017, 05:31:43 PM
Variety is a Hollywood Magazine.

and the Dictionary.Com uses this appropriate definition:

a number of different types of things, especially ones in the same general category:
ie., a large variety of fruits.

Welcome to off topic 🎊🎉💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

hailcrusaders

Shoutout to whoever took the Over in 'Number of Oakland fans getting defensive in the UIC game thread'.
#CrusadersForever

FieldGoodie05

So what records are within reach for tomorrow's game?

-Points (7)
-Free Throws (19) if he breaks his own record for a game
-Others?   

How about for the season, is he close on any other career records or season records?

I'll be there with a buddy and his son to see history!

rustnvrsleeps@yahoo.com

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on January 21, 2017, 07:27:10 PM
So what records are within reach for tomorrow's game?

-Points (7)
-Free Throws (19) if he breaks his own record for a game
-Others?   

How about for the season, is he close on any other career records or season records?

I'll be there with a buddy and his son to see history!
Isn't every time he starts a record?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oklahomamick

Quote from: Grizz on January 21, 2017, 02:42:24 PMYou guys make it so hard to keep ones mouth shut. Criminal, Clark got busted for weed.  Twice. Funny it's legal in 1/3 of the country but he's a criminal. Yet your guy Cheats. Academic Fraud.  But that's OK.  Let him play right. Because no one on your team has ever smoked weed.  Word going around is NCAA is involved.  No one on Oaklands board has tried to embarrass your kid, no ones called him out. But you live that private school Christian life. I guess it makes you feel better, or makes Valpo look better even though he kick your butt,  to call Stevie, a kid you have never meant, a criminal.  What are you gong to say when your  school has to vacate wins, or even worse, vacate a championship.. that's ok, have at it, it's a message board, you can hide in anonymity

No such thing as academic fraud at commuter U.  1.  One doesn't have to cheat to pass the classes at OU.  2.  OU would have looked the other way and gave him a second chance. 

Didn't Stevie try and sue Okie State University?   
CRUSADERS!!!

VU2014

QuoteYou guys make it so hard to keep ones mouth shut. Criminal, Clark got busted for weed.  Twice. Funny it's legal in 1/3 of the country but he's a criminal. Yet your guy Cheats. Academic Fraud.  But that's OK.  Let him play right. Because no one on your team has ever smoked weed.  Word going around is NCAA is involved.  No one on Oaklands board has tried to embarrass your kid, no ones called him out. But you live that private school Christian life. I guess it makes you feel better, or makes Valpo look better even though he kick your butt,  to call Stevie, a kid you have never meant, a criminal.  What are you gong to say when your  school has to vacate wins, or even worse, vacate a championship.. that's ok, have at it, it's a message board, you can hide in anonymity

Grizz, well that escalated quickly.

I (many others around here) could careless if Stevie smoked weed. I don't think many on this board try or even talk much about "embarrassing" OU players. I don't agree with FieldGoodie05's "criminal" comment, was a bit much for me. He got in trouble with the law and had some maturity issues and got kicked out of school and fortunately got a chance somewhere else. Most every kid deserves a second chance and Kampe gave him that chance. Kampe is a good man and a very entertaining personality.

To even compare the alleged Jubril situation of cheating on a paper or whatever it is to actually breaking the law and getting arrested like some on the Oakland roster is slightly comical and hypocritical. In 2013 a few players from Oakland were arrested for allegedly raping a girl. Martez Walker got kicked off the University of Texas team for beating his girlfriend and domestic abuse charges. Kendrick Nunn was kicked off the University of Illinois team for domestic abuse last spring. Those are some serious incidents and pale into comparison to the Jubril situation and I don't think thats my "private Christian school" biases coming out. I'm not trying to embarrass anyone, just laying out the facts to put things into perspective. Everyone deserves a second chance and not one incident should define a person (in most cases) or a program. All kids at every University make mistakes. Oakland has some really great guys like Isaiah Brock and last year Max Hooper, among others. Lets all tone down the rhetoric and relax.

Lets get back to basketball and the UIC game on sunday.

M

rustnvrsleeps@yahoo.com

Quote from: M on January 22, 2017, 11:28:13 AM
Hooray for game day!
Can I get an Amen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agibson

I'm not quite sure what Mardi Gras Day will mean, or why it's in January, but some students seemed to know about it.

Apparently it's also Scout Day or some such, and someone folks at church asked me for parking suggestions, bringing several folks with them.

Hopefully a good crowd for a record setting day! And a win!

Would be good to hang a third L on UIC and get a little separation.

VU2014

I'm also curious as to the crowd size today. Taylor Bruninga is visiting today and will be at the game. Hopefully we have a great crowd. Taylor is getting a lot of attention the last month or so. He's an impressive recruit. Should be interesting to see the turn out competing head to head with the Packers-Falcons game.

Also here is a the first half highlights from Bruninga's most recent game. 28pts (4/5FG, 3-3 from 3, 11-11FT). Alec appears at the end of the video.
I'm not saying he's going to be as good Alec (that's an unfair comparison to both of them), but the kid has the tools and height. He's actually probably a slightly more athletic. I think he'd be a great fit here and would have a great opportunity.

He was just visiting Illinois State yesterday and just received an offer.
https://twitter.com/Illinois_Irish/status/823237880508248064

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4ZOZ2LUtWA

wh

28 points on only 7 shot attempts and 11-11 FT's. Near perfection.

Great post and video!

valpotx

Someone asked about the toughest road trip, and I still say that is the GB/Milwaukee road trip.  Any time that you can come away with 1-2 wins in that swing, you have done well, regardless of their records.

Also, there should be no comparisons between Jubril's situation and the transgressions that Oakland's players have committed in the past.  You would not see those players accepted into Valpo based on their offenses, whereas they get their second chances at Oakland on a consistent basis.  I don't care how 'good' you think someone is, if they have struck a woman, they are a small and evil man in my mind.
"Don't mess with Texas"

wh

20 min till game time. Sparse crowd. Maybe 40 students.

hailcrusaders

Quote from: wh on January 22, 2017, 01:41:55 PM20 min till game time. Sparse crowd. Maybe 40 students.

Seems to have filled in nicely, but I'm only on ESPN3. 3000-3500 maybe?
#CrusadersForever

covufan

How many times have we scored 50 in a half, against a Division I team?

vu72

Another dominating performance.  Funny to see Sorolla playing in the clean up role versus Derrik.  I think J is better at this time. Also, unfortunately, Micah still looks like a deer in the headlights.  Concerning...
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

wh

Luke Gore told Todd that we are a different team now from the one that played UIC the first time.

justducky

I think Jay and Derrik together were 4 for 4 on mid range jump shots. Drawing Odiase away from the basket is a good first step in beating them.

As bad as UIC looked today they should be in the fight for the top next year. I am already wondering where we will fall in the 17-18 pre-season poll?