• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Top New Coaches--CBS.com Article

Started by valpo84, January 26, 2017, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpo84

"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

VU2014

Matt Lottich, Valparaiso (16-4, 6-1 in the Horizon League)

"I'm at the point where I'm older than a few of the coaches I have to write about. That's uplifting. The 34-year-old Lottich took over for Bryce Drew, who is now at Vanderbilt and under .500. Like Weir at New Mexico State, Valpo didn't go outside its campus to pick a replacement. The boon: Lottich managed to keep Alec Peters around for one final season, and it has been the game-changer. Without Peters, Lottich is probably not on this list, which isn't to downgrade his acumen, but rather another reminder that Peters is one of the 25 best players in college basketball. He doesn't receive the pub because Valpo is seldom on television. The Crusaders have wins over Alabama, BYU and Rhode Island and would be the No. 13 seed you have no interest in playing come time for the Big Dance."

agibson

Quote from: VU2014 on January 26, 2017, 11:55:38 AMwould be the No. 13 seed you have no interest in playing come time for the Big Dance."

Man, I'd sure prefer a 12.... Or an 11!

Checking bracketmatrix.com, we're currently the top 13 seed. Behind Akron. We're pretty popular for a 12. _One_ bracket of 80 has us as an 11.

Rhode Island, the best of our victories, is best of the "first four out". Georgia, Oakland's victory is last of those "first four out".