• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #26-Youngstown State Saturday February 11 7pm ARC Hall of Fame

Started by talksalot, February 09, 2017, 09:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talksalot

Well, that was fun.  Karys with the only Centier Bank 3-pointer of the second half!  Up next the Barton/Porsche/Moore game... Time to pack the ARC for the last Saturday game of the year.

From Thursday's action:

Youngstown State
(8-16, 4-9 Horizon League) 49 32 81

Illinois-Chicago
(11-12, 6-6 Horizon League) 49 35 84

Lets see... who to guard... who to guard... so, why not check out the box score from this game...

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400918560

Cameron Morse... 18 of 38 (6-15 from 3)  from the field, 44 points to go with 3 rebounds.

Total of 16 assists on 32 baskets; 10 steals.... 21 offensive and 21 defensive rebounds.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

covufan

We need to play a full 40 minutes and not look forward on the schedule.  Next to last home game.  Last weekend home game to honor previous player Lubos Barton, and another chance to see future Valpo HOF member in action.

We need to make YSU pay for wanting an up-tempo game.  Show the HL what we can do.

Valpo   89
YSU     61

valpolaw

Barring one of those games where we lay an egg, I don't see this game being close. 

talksalot

I looked it up, we are undefeated when we score more points than the other team.

crusadermoe

This is an astute group.   :)

Wish I could see Lubos recognized for HOF.  In hindsight, that Lubos team of 1999 really shocked the world in its first two games.  Oldsters on this board will remember how we thought VU hoops would fall off the map again after Bryce's gang went Sweet 16 and the cupboard was bare other than a good Croatian forward whose name I forget. 

Freshmen Lubos, Stovall and Tonagel were a "Fab 3" of sorts in 1999 and that team gave Marlyland a run.  Truly amazing.  Were there more in that class?  I am forgetting someone. They beat Seton Hall and South Carolina to win whatever tourney it was.  I would guess their RPIs might have been higher than Alabama and BYU even though that Vegas win was a great one too.

wh

Looks like it's going to be a good student showing tonight. 1/2 full 35 min. to tipoff.

VU2014

Anyone else hear the 'Free Jubril' chants coming from the student section lol? Also a very good showing from the student section. I think the slowing down of sorority/fraternity events is having an impact, also a saturday night game. Sounds like great energy in the building!

VU2014

Suppose to be a half interview Lubos Barton and also another halftime interview Commissioner LeCrone... I hope whoever interviews him grills him about the Motor City Disaster. I'm sure he's going to be trying to promote it at halftime.

hailcrusaders

Quote from: VU2014 on February 11, 2017, 07:37:41 PMSuppose to be a half interview Lubos Barton and also another halftime interview Commissioner LeCrone... I hope whoever interviews him grills him about the Motor City Disaster. I'm sure he's going to be trying to promote it at halftime.

I'd pay for someone to tell him (preferably during the interview), "This right here at the ARC is three times the atmosphere you'll ever have at your dumpster fire neutral site tournament arrangement. Oh, and #FreeJubril". Regardless of if he's involved with the Jubril situation.
#CrusadersForever

VU2014

Cameron Morse is a hell of a player. That was an impressive long range 3 at the very of the half. Him and Hartfield have kept Youngstown State in this game.

AP seemed very tentative with those 2 fouls at the end of the game. He sat for 11min. Shane, Tevonn and Lexus played well and good defense from Derrik.

VU2014

QuoteI'd pay for someone to tell him (preferably during the interview), "This right here at the ARC is three times the atmosphere you'll ever have at your dumpster fire neutral site tournament arrangement. Oh, and #FreeJubril". Regardless of if he's involved with the Jubril situation.

In the interview he actually admitted that the Horizon League greatly depends on Detroit-Mercy and Oakland fans to pack the building. Its such a competitive advantage that they basically get a home field advantage because literally in their backyard and a sizable distance for every other team to travel.

Tournament was so much better before. The competitive advantage SHOULD go the regular season champions! Made the conference regular season mean more. You don't want the Green Bay situation in the NCAA tourney last yr. Green Bay was embarrassing. VU had a legit shot to win a game and upside to go further.

hailcrusaders

Quote from: VU2014 on February 11, 2017, 08:00:43 PM
QuoteI'd pay for someone to tell him (preferably during the interview), "This right here at the ARC is three times the atmosphere you'll ever have at your dumpster fire neutral site tournament arrangement. Oh, and #FreeJubril". Regardless of if he's involved with the Jubril situation.
In the interview he actually admitted that the Horizon League greatly depends on Detroit-Mercy and Oakland fans to pack the building. Its such a competitive advantage that they basically get a home field advantage because literally in their backyard and a sizable distance for every other team to travel. Tournament was so much better before. The competitive advantage SHOULD go the regular season champions! Made the conference regular season mean more. You don't want the Green Bay situation in the NCAA tourney last yr. Green Bay was embarrassing. VU had a legit shot to win a game and upside to go further.

But at least the media didn't have to worry about moving to a different location to cover the championship game!
#CrusadersForever

crusadermoe

We look horrible.  No energy.  Ok Alex just took a three.  He needs to take over in these games when we hit slow patches..  Needs to be hungrier.

This game should NOT be close.  Where is the effort?

a3uge

Quote from: crusadermoe on February 11, 2017, 08:35:26 PM
We look horrible.  No energy.  Ok Alex just took a three.  He needs to take over in these games when we hit slow patches..  Needs to be hungrier.

This game should NOT be close.  Where is the effort?
YSU is draining some crazy shots. A lot of credit can go to them.

oklahomamick

Really wish us as fans or MLB could do something about Detroit motor madness.  Oakland really pushed for it too. 
CRUSADERS!!!

VU2014

Morse and Santiago have hit some big shots. And we just got complacent in the second half and were giving up those 2nd chance rebounds. We've done that all year which allows some teams to go on those runs to get back into the games.

AP hit some big shots

a3uge

I just can't believe Slocum's timeout after they seized momentum on a fadeaway 3 by Morse. They were rolling and Valpo was out of sorts on offense. Lottich was able to draw up a play for Peters who brought it back to 4.  He's such a horrible coach.

VU2014

Wow the refs are little quick with the whistle this game. Maybe this whole year... Don't like the way officiating is trending in college basketball. I don't want college basketball to become the NBA with not allowing any contact. They already got rid of hand checks.

That Hammink Hammer!!! And one!!