• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Re: Game #27- Oakland Friday February 17 6pm ORena ESPN2

Started by talksalot, February 11, 2017, 10:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: FWalum on February 19, 2017, 12:51:20 PM
Quote from: bbtds on February 19, 2017, 05:18:30 AMDo you think Kampe would have raised an unholy stink if the refs had made a call like that against Oakland?
I am sure we would have seen a more extreme version of the Kampe Meltdown.

We probably need our HC on the show sideline more than sending a message getting tossed.  I've never felt getting tossed does what the movie "Hoosiers" suggests it does.  Personally I was hoping with Lottich's "fire" for competition that he DIDNT Bobby Knight it up on the sideline.

StlVUFan

Wow, it's been awhile since I stopped by here.

As one who also lost his  :censored: in the Valpo fan section during that 2nd half (Count on it, I will always be at the Valpo-Oakland game at the O'Rena), I have since seen a GIF of the play, and the leg kick was not momentum.  I am told, and find it believable, that the Oakland player was anticipating a rebound and that's why he landed on top of Tevonn.  It all happened very quickly.  Moreover, Tevonn didn't give him a chance to back away.

To be honest, I figure the frustration from that afternoon and the frustration of the game so far may have boiled over in Tevonn.  I think the leg kick was instinctive, but it was intentional.  If I had no problem with Bobby's ejection 4 years ago at Calihan, I can't have any problem with Tevonn's ejection.  Both Kampe and the OU player after the game shrugged it off with no hard feelings.

I do have a problem with them diagnosing the trip of Tevonn as a non-shooting foul.  We absolutely should have gotten free throws on that.  And technically, OU did get penalized - their player was charged with a foul (it didn't matter, of course; he didn't foul out).

I thought Peters got tripped with no call, and there were a few other outrageous calls that had me fuming.

That game sucked mainly because Oakland dominated us twice this year.  They're not our little brother any more.  That's life.