• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Make Valpo Great Again!

Started by Just Sayin, February 18, 2017, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Sayin

NativeCheesehead

We're gonna get a real center. He's gonna be a great center. He's gonna be yuge.  He's gonna get the best rebounds, all the rebounds. He'll be like a wall inside. And the referees. They're so corrupt. They're the enemy of the Horizon League. You know, we're undefeated this year.  Don't pay attention to ESPN, fake sports journalism. We're undefeated. Trust me.

M

M

Also, I assume this is taking the place of the Detroit game thread so...Valpo by 4, 82-78.

bbtds

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on February 18, 2017, 08:48:00 PM
We're gonna get a real center. He's gonna be a great center. He's gonna be yuge.  He's gonna get the best rebounds, all the rebounds. He'll be like a wall inside. And the referees. They're so corrupt. They're the enemy of the Horizon League. You know, we're undefeated this year.  Don't pay attention to ESPN, fake sports journalism. We're undefeated. Trust me.

That center will be like a wall. A wall that will keep that team to the south of us from crossing into our territory. Over our defensive border.

And who's going to pay the scholarship for that center? The center who will be a wall. None other than that team to the south of us.

Just Sayin

Oakland should pay for the wall.

justducky

At this point none of our remaining regular season games much interest me. Its MCM or nothing. So sit Jay and let Kiser loft a few 3 pointers. I want to see his 3 point form. I also want to see Derrik shooting not because he is a threat but because he needs to become one.

If Oakland gets the automatic NIT bid, oh well. That doesn't bother me either.

usc4valpo

well, right now Valpo is a mess heading into the Horizon League tourney, similar to what our President is trying to clean up.f

NativeCheesehead

In all seriousness, I think we can beat any team in the conference on any night, Oakland included. But I do not believe we can win three games in four nights, where the last game will be against an Oakland or a Green Bay. We just have no depth. Aside from small offensive improvement in Micah and J, we have seen little to no development as the year has progressed. 

a3uge

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on February 19, 2017, 01:24:22 PM
In all seriousness, I think we can beat any team in the conference on any night, Oakland included. But I do not believe we can win three games in four nights, where the last game will be against an Oakland or a Green Bay. We just have no depth. Aside from small offensive improvement in Micah and J, we have seen little to no development as the year has progressed.

Oakland lost to Cleveland State and Detroit at home. Green Bay lost to YSU at home. I don't know how anyone can be any bit more confident about those two teams winning three straight games.

justducky

Quote from: a3uge on February 19, 2017, 01:54:34 PMOakland lost to Cleveland State and Detroit at home. Green Bay lost to YSU at home. I don't know how anyone can be any bit more confident about those two teams winning three straight games.
MCM should be crazy! Oakland RPI is 124. WSU 117. GB 133. NKU 130. If we had played the whole season without Jubril our RPI might be in the range of 90 to 125. Who will win? Maybe the team with the biggest chip on their shoulder.

justducky

Quote from: justducky on February 19, 2017, 03:29:01 PMMCM should be crazy! Oakland RPI is 124. WSU 117. GB 133. NKU 130. If we had played the whole season without Jubril our RPI might be in the range of 90 to 125. Who will win? Maybe the team with the biggest chip on their shoulder.

A quick glance at the remaining schedules hint that our first MCM opponent will be UIC or weaker, followed by one of WSU, GB, or NKU picked out of a hat, followed by Oakland, WSU, GB or NKU picked out of the same hat. This will be true if we are the #1 seed, #2 seed, or the #3 seed.

If we win at JLA will the committee seed us as our record would dictate, or where they now believe we belong (without Jubril)?

a3uge

Quote from: justducky on February 19, 2017, 03:29:01 PM
Quote from: a3uge on February 19, 2017, 01:54:34 PMOakland lost to Cleveland State and Detroit at home. Green Bay lost to YSU at home. I don't know how anyone can be any bit more confident about those two teams winning three straight games.
MCM should be crazy! Oakland RPI is 124. WSU 117. GB 133. NKU 130. If we had played the whole season without Jubril our RPI might be in the range of 90 to 125. Who will win? Maybe the team with the biggest chip on their shoulder.
Wait, why are we taking Jubril out for the whole season now!?

justducky

Quote from: a3uge on February 19, 2017, 06:00:15 PM
Jubril who?

Quote from: justducky on February 19, 2017, 05:56:27 PMIf we win at JLA will the committee seed us as our record would dictate, or where they now believe we belong (without Jubril)?
A few weeks back I asked if Adekoya were to return would our losses without him be taken into account differently for NCAA seeding purposes? Did I get any answers? Now I am asking the same question in reverse.

I am not looking just for some CORRECT answer. Any answers that are either logical or humorous are equally acceptable.

a3uge

Quote from: justducky on February 19, 2017, 07:18:10 PM
Quote from: a3uge on February 19, 2017, 06:00:15 PM
Jubril who?

Quote from: justducky on February 19, 2017, 05:56:27 PMIf we win at JLA will the committee seed us as our record would dictate, or where they now believe we belong (without Jubril)?
A few weeks back I asked if Adekoya were to return would our losses without him be taken into account differently for NCAA seeding purposes? Did I get any answers? Now I am asking the same question in reverse.

I am not looking just for some CORRECT answer. Any answers that are either logical or humorous are equally acceptable.

This may have been a little facetious, but...

1) I highly doubt a seed will be determined on 1 player. The selection committee just isn't that in tune.
2) Seeds SHOULD be determined based on merit and accomplishments, not ability. SHOULD!
3) Jubril really hasn't set the world on fire this season. His PER is just above 10. I know there's a lot of intangibles there with Valpo's ability to play small ball, and their ability to not play Smits huge minutes, but it's not as if Jubril was putting up huge numbers.
4) I don't even want to THINK about seeding this year after obsessing over the bubble and RPI last year!