• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #29- Milwaukee Tuesday February 21 7pm ARC ESPN3

Started by talksalot, February 19, 2017, 09:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talksalot

Senior Night. Two Years ago, the engagement; Last year, the Pregnancy... what's up this year?

(Oh, we'll probably win the game handily...as if that will be the focus of the evening.)

Panther Nation has lost 6 straight.
=======================from the UDM Recap======================
The Crusaders (22-6, 12-3 Horizon) maintained their one-game lead in the Horizon League standings with the win and return home for the regular season home finale on Tuesday evening at the ARC. It will be Senior Night at the ARC, as – along with senior team managers, band members, cheerleaders and Crusaderettes – Peters, Hammink, Jubril Adekoya, Nick Davidson and Jason Karys will be honored in a pregame ceremony.

Tipoff is slated for 7 p.m., but be sure to arrive early to catch the Senior Night ceremony. As always, the game can be seen live on ESPN3, WatchESPN and the ESPN app, and heard live on the Valpo Sports Network (WVUR, 95.1 FM, Valparaiso; WVLP, 103.1 FM, Valparaiso). Links for the live coverage will be available via ValpoAthletics.com.

VUOR63

Thank you, Seniors.  I hope the ARC is standing room only and louder than ever so that this group of men has an appropriate send-off. 

M

The note says arrive early, I thought senior night stuff occurred after the game?

Anywho...Valpo 83-66 winners.

valpo64

Unfortunately we will not be able to be there Tuesday.  Will the VU
Athletic site tape the senior night "festivities"?  That may be the most exciting event of the evening.

covufan

Thanks to the seniors. 

If ESPN3 does not stream the senior speeches, Valpo should.

Valpo  83
Milw    53

VUBBFan

Last time to see our Seniors play at home. Going to miss the great plays from Alec and the Hammink Hammers. Going to miss seeing Alec's little ritual before the starting line up and the entertaining insane antics of Nick Davidson on the bench. When Espn shows them as highlights you know he's got game.

valpopal

talksalot

Quote from: M on February 20, 2017, 06:59:04 AMThe note says arrive early, I thought senior night stuff occurred after the game?

Historically, I've read the rather-lengthy script of the player/manager accomplishments (sometimes Cheerleaders, Crusaderettes and Band Members)... the Post game was the player speeches. 

wh

a3uge

Did we just go 10 minutes without play stopping? Is that a record in college basketball the past 10 years?

a3uge

VU2014

QuoteSmits is just a complete liability.

His Defensive game is getting exposed. Just picking up obvious fouls.

I'm sure he's going to have a long offseason with Coach Gore working on his rim protection and hopefully learning to use his size on the defensive side of the ball.

a3uge

Quote from: VU2014 on February 21, 2017, 07:54:46 PM

His Defensive game is getting exposed. Just picking up obvious fouls.

I'm sure he's going to have a long offseason with Coach Gore working on his rim protection and hopefully learning to use his size on the defensive side of the ball.
There's only a few games left and he's still running to the top of the three point line to double team the dribbler/high ball screen. He either gets out of position there, forcing a mismatch down low, picks up a foul at the top, or picks up a foul trying to cover back. Just camp out in the paint dude!

WhatTheWORLD

Are we really contemplating losing on our home court to one of the worst teams/programs in D1 hoops?

We are gutless, aren't we? The sweep to Oakland without being competitive gave it away, but this would be the nail in the coffin that this team just doesn't have an ounce of intestinal fortitude.

VU2014

What is going on? The guys just look content tonight. We need to step on the gas pedal and kill this Milwaukee teams confidence.

Valpo plays to the level of our competition sometimes... We are always going to get the best effort from the bottom feeder teams.

(speak of the devil as I'm typing this out we're showing a little more effort)

WhatTheWORLD

5 point lead disappears in seconds.

Again.

This team is a clown show. If they lose on senior night, it'd actually be pretty fitting for the seniors. We'll remember them as a gigantic fart.

crusadermoe

We will go as far as Sorrola can carry us

This could be a senior night debacle. Hope not!!

VU2624

Quote from: a3uge on February 21, 2017, 07:57:55 PM
Quote from: VU2014 on February 21, 2017, 07:54:46 PM
His Defensive game is getting exposed. Just picking up obvious fouls. I'm sure he's going to have a long offseason with Coach Gore working on his rim protection and hopefully learning to use his size on the defensive side of the ball.
There's only a few games left and he's still running to the top of the three point line to double team the dribbler/high ball screen. He either gets out of position there, forcing a mismatch down low, picks up a foul at the top, or picks up a foul trying to cover back. Just camp out in the paint dude!

I'll guess that the staff wants the double but Smits just can't get back. Typical play these days.

VU2014

QuoteThis team is a clown show. If they lose on senior night, it'd actually be pretty fitting for the seniors. We'll remember them as a gigantic fart.

Ok lets not get dramatic. This is the winningest class in Valpo history.

This team definitely plays to its level of competition.

They've had 2 bad losses in conference. The 2nd time to Green Bay and 1st time to Oakland. The second game to Oakland we played better but Oakland was great that game and were hitting all their shots. Credit to them.

valporun

Todd just said the Valpo Sports Radio Network WILL AIR the senior speeches in post game.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: valporun on February 21, 2017, 08:39:15 PM
Todd just said the Valpo Sports Radio Network WILL AIR the senior speeches in post game.

We could REALLY invest in a more quality sound product for our radio broadcast.  It's a joke trying to strain to hear it half the time.

hailcrusaders

Quote from: VU2014 on February 21, 2017, 08:31:32 PM
QuoteThis team is a clown show. If they lose on senior night, it'd actually be pretty fitting for the seniors. We'll remember them as a gigantic fart.
Ok lets not get dramatic. This is the winningest class in Valpo history. This team definitely plays to its level of competition. They've had 2 bad losses in conference. The 2nd time to Green Bay and 1st time to Oakland. The second game to Oakland we played better but Oakland was great that game and were hitting all their shots. Credit to them.

He's a troll. Guaranteed.
#CrusadersForever

a3uge

Remember when Valpo played a kind of crappy senior night vs YSU during Broekhoff's last season?