• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo at Missouri, Mizzou Arena, Columbia, MO 5:00 p.m. CT Sunday 11/16/14

Started by bbtds, November 12, 2014, 12:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

Since Sunday will be coming up soon after the Friday night game I thought I would start this thread now and because it will be the bigger game for the Crusaders. I also wanted to remind posters that Mizzou is really bad at making music videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-vMfqosdDbY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zDLPwkOlwO0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=q38HN5fkccU

With all due respect for StL, weathernerd and my friends in the Show Me state..............is it true Mizzou fans favorite magazine is "Tiger Beat?" Our theme is
"Beat the Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!"

SIZZOU MUCKS

valpotx

I can't see us winning against a BCS opponent on the road as of yet.  We lost to a poor Nebraska team a few seasons ago, which has improved quite a bit, but were terrible when we lost with a good team.

Missouri 74
Valpo 67
"Don't mess with Texas"

bbtds

These Kansas fans are watching Mizzou playing a game in the NCAA tournament. Can you guess if the Tigers won or lost.

KU fans react to Missouri loss

bbtds

Anything can happen!!!

http://fox2now.com/2014/09/20/mizzou-loses-to-indiana-31-27/

Pinkel: I go back to what my late friend, Joe Paterno, said "Sometimes you have to overlook the mistakes."

Valpo     59
Mizzou   57

It will be a pretty ugly game, I imagine.

Mizzou beat William Jewell 72-31 and MO-St Louis 77-54. Both games were in Columbia. The Kangeroos of UMKC next play at Mizzou Arena on Friday.

historyman

Quote from: bbtds on November 12, 2014, 01:49:00 AMRe: Valpo at Missouri, Mizzou Arena, Columbia, MO 5:00 p.m. CT Sunday 11/16/14 « Reply #2 on: Today at 01:49:00 AM » Quote (selected) These Kansas fans are watching Mizzou playing a game in the NCAA tournament. Can you guess if the Tigers won or lost.

Rock Chalk Schadenfreundtalk!
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

MizzouDude

I am looking forward to this game as a Mizzou fan. I think it should give us an early indication of where we stand. I know you all have some young guys that got a lot of experience last year so hopefully that will pay dividends in 2014-15. I have no idea what to expect from this Mizzou team. In the last six years or so we have been really tough at home, but I have a suspicion that this one goes down to the wire.

chipper955

bbtds

Quote from: chipper955 on November 12, 2014, 07:13:06 PM
Is this game going to be shown on the tv/internet?

SEC Network, it is on many cable/satelite/TV systems.

You can watch their non-live-sporting-event programming here.

http://www.secsports.com/watch

historyman

"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

Kyle321n

Quote from: bbtds on November 12, 2014, 07:47:27 PM
Quote from: chipper955 on November 12, 2014, 07:13:06 PM
Is this game going to be shown on the tv/internet?

SEC Network, it is on many cable/satelite/TV systems.

Yeah it's not going to be on my standard ESPNU is the highest level of ESPN I get but I get MLB, NFL, NHL and NBA Networks cable (Comcast).  I'm also going to be heavily invested in the Colts game and  Blackhawks game so I think I'm going to hit up my regular bar and get all 3 games at once.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

StlVUFan

I'm guessing it will be on FSN Midwest here in St. Louis.  They usually do a bunch of Mizzou games, though maybe it's spread around now.

I'll actually be at the game since it's only a 2 hour drive.

vu72

Quote from: StlVUFan on November 13, 2014, 08:06:13 PM
I'm guessing it will be on FSN Midwest here in St. Louis.  They usually do a bunch of Mizzou games, though maybe it's spread around now.

Wow!  Haven't seen a post from you in ages!  Welcome back!!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

StlVUFan

Quote from: vu72 on November 13, 2014, 08:13:25 PM
Quote from: StlVUFan on November 13, 2014, 08:06:13 PM

Wow!  Haven't seen a post from you in ages!  Welcome back!!

Work has been hella busy (did I say that right?), life is hectic, and I'm still trying to get back into the swing of College Basketball.

One good thing about the exhibition game not being televised on-line: I listened to Todd's play-by-play while I watched almost the entire Women's Soccer final.  What a game that was!

historyman

Quote from: StlVUFan on November 13, 2014, 08:06:13 PMI'm guessing it will be on FSN Midwest here in St. Louis.  They usually do a bunch of Mizzou games, though maybe it's spread around now. I'll actually be at the game since it's only a 2 hour drive.

http://www.foxsports.com/content/dam/fsdigital/RSN/Midwest/2014/11/07/Nov%208-16%202014%20foxsportsmidwest%20-%20St.%20Louis.pdf

Sunday, November 16
11 a.m. Men's College Basketball: Mercer at Seton Hall LIVE
+12 p.m. +Men's College Basketball: Samford at Pittsburgh LIVE
1 p.m. Men's College Soccer: Conference USA Men's Soccer Championship LIVE
6 p.m. Men's College Basketball: Norfolk St. at Virginia LIVE

Since the game was showing on the ESPN 3 TV schedule I had doubted it would be on a Fox Sports station. Of course you must already have an ESPN subscription to view it on ESPN 3.

StlVUFan

Quote from: historyman on November 13, 2014, 08:24:41 PM
Quote from: StlVUFan on November 13, 2014, 08:06:13 PMI'm guessing it will be on FSN Midwest here in St. Louis.  They usually do a bunch of Mizzou games, though maybe it's spread around now. I'll actually be at the game since it's only a 2 hour drive.

http://www.foxsports.com/content/dam/fsdigital/RSN/Midwest/2014/11/07/Nov%208-16%202014%20foxsportsmidwest%20-%20St.%20Louis.pdf

Sunday, November 16
11 a.m. Men's College Basketball: Mercer at Seton Hall LIVE
+12 p.m. +Men's College Basketball: Samford at Pittsburgh LIVE
1 p.m. Men's College Soccer: Conference USA Men's Soccer Championship LIVE
6 p.m. Men's College Basketball: Norfolk St. at Virginia LIVE

Since the game was showing on the ESPN 3 TV schedule I had doubted it would be on a Fox Sports station. Of course you must already have an ESPN subscription to view it on ESPN 3.
Ah well, so I can't DVR the game.  At the same time, I'm probably spared listening to Dan McLaughlin ;)

crusadermoe

Is listening to soccer better or worse than watching soccer?    But seriously congrats to the women!!

StlVUFan

Quote from: crusadermoe on November 13, 2014, 08:27:14 PM
Is listening to soccer better or worse than watching soccer?    But seriously congrats to the women!!
Brandon Vickery is still a struggle to listen to.  That's completely subjective and probably unfair, but I find it difficult.

historyman

Quote from: StlVUFan on November 13, 2014, 08:30:04 PM
Quote from: crusadermoe on November 13, 2014, 08:27:14 PMIs listening to soccer better or worse than watching soccer?    But seriously congrats to the women!!
Brandon Vickery is still a struggle to listen to.  That's completely subjective and probably unfair, but I find it difficult.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/porter/portage/brandon-vickrey-speaks-at-portage-exchange-club/article_520f9065-1f75-5460-8bae-1ef215ec2957.html

Vickrey is also a freshman at Valparaiso University. He plans to major in Digital Media, looking to have a career eventually in broadcasting or sports information.

Uh Oh.

OTOH, you don't like every person working in broadcasting now, either.

valporun

Stl, the game is being shown on the SEC Network, which is a part of the ESPN family of networks, so you would be able to see it on ESPN3 after the game. You should be able to get the SEC Network, since Mizzou is an SEC school, kinda like how Lincoln, Nebraska, Maryland and parts of New Jersey for Rutgers get BTN.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

historyman

Quote from: valpotx on November 14, 2014, 12:10:28 AMAwesome, I now get the SEC Network!

I noticed today it comes with the ESPN group and is fairly new. Everybody should all check your channel line-up.

StlVUFan

Quote from: valporun on November 13, 2014, 11:32:24 PM
Stl, the game is being shown on the SEC Network, which is a part of the ESPN family of networks, so you would be able to see it on ESPN3 after the game. You should be able to get the SEC Network, since Mizzou is an SEC school, kinda like how Lincoln, Nebraska, Maryland and parts of New Jersey for Rutgers get BTN.
I probably do, come to think of it.  I'll have to search for it tonight.

historyman

UMKC  69
Misery 61

Valpo should be the favorite but I wouldn't bet too much money on that.

Did the Kangaroos storm the court?

It looks like they did!!!

Kyle321n

I was hoping they would pull it out.  Even in the post game Coach Gore said "I hope they win it".  Now we're going to get an angry Mizzou and that's not going to be fun.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: Kyle321n on November 14, 2014, 11:11:21 PMNow we're going to get an angry Mizzou and that's not going to be fun.
Agreed.  Plus the win won't mean quite as much otherwise.  ;)
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa