• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs. Murray State @ Nashville Muni, 7:30 PM CDT, Sat 11/29/14

Started by LaPorteAveApostle, November 29, 2014, 01:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smj

Watch "Murray State vs. Valpo Highlights" on YouTube
Murray State vs. Valpo Highlights: http://youtu.be/9qT5GMdmZQc

valporun

Of course, all the highlights came from the first half. Sorry, missed the game last night due to work, but from the article posted earlier, sounds like the first half was when the highlights happened. In terms of the video thing, did Aaron not have the time to upload some highlights, or would Bryce not allow him to post any video highlights?

bbtds

Quote from: Smj on November 30, 2014, 07:55:27 AM
I am confused - Murray state had a TV feed that looks and sounds like production quality ...   Why can't we watch somewhere?

I talked to one of the cameramen at the Municipal Auditorium yesterday and he said they didn't have the facilities to broadcast the games live. I told him that I'm sure Valpo & Murray St fans would have paid to see the games. I told him how much the average Valpo fan was missing live feeds of the games. I'm sure for future Challenge in Music City events they will look at doing live feeds. Unfortunately that doesn't help with this year.

classof2014

Looked back at Murray State's history, goes back to 2003/04 season, and last night was their worst loss (35 points) since as far back as their stats go. Pretty impressive to hand a team it's worst loss in at least 10 seasons.

wh

Comments from the Murray State board:

I am sorry to say this, but this is fact...When you look at Valpo's athletes and then looked at our guys..different level. They were bigger, stronger, quicker...period! We have NO size and our guards are all thin.

Also, Bryce Drew can flat out coach!! Great offensive movement, great cuts, and GREAT shooters with size!

Double our bigs and it eats us up, our bigs can't pass. Does Prohm adjust? Nope. They go to zone D and eats us up.

As Prohm said tonight, we have one player who has more than one year in the program.

Not sure if he realized it, but Prohm could have been speaking about Valpo the same ;).)  Vashiel is the only Crusader with more than 1 year in the program, followed by 5 guys with 1 year, and 5 completely new players.

Valpo is good, better than us. I think that anyone there tonight would have to admit that.

Valpo shot the ball really and had wide open looks. They had excellent ball movement.

Players looked gassed in the second half. Hope we are not out of shape.  Response: They're not in bad shape, they were psychologically beaten before the 2nd half started. During warm ups after half time I told the guy sitting next to me that they looked disgusted and ready to go home.

You would think that after the MIRACLE season, or at least within two years of the miracle season, recruiting would have been at its maximum potential...I just don't see it. Valpo's athletes were different...stronger, bigger, quicker, and some pure shooters.

FWalum

Very interesting video named "Things Get Chippy Between Valparaiso and Murray State" www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUbucoxR-t4
This certainly explains the language heard in the background of Todd's broadcast!
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

bbtds

What the video doesn't show when it pans to the crowd was Prohm having to be restrained by his asst coach when he went after the ref who made the controversial call. If you notice the MSU angry crowd that was heard on the radio broadcast was sitting right behind Todd Ickow. It was fascinating how Prohm's reaction really infuriates the crowd into a bigger frenzy.

I sat near the loud month fan (who yelled "you're horrible" at the refs as they left the court at halftime) at the Portland/Murray St game and he was just as loud mouth at that game.

That is Prohm yelling at the shorter ref, who he went after during the controversial call, as the teams left the court at halftime.

bbtds

I had forgotten I had taken this pic. It really brings back warm feelings.

wh

Quote from: bbtds on December 02, 2014, 03:38:19 PM

What else besides the score tells you the game was a blowout?

humbleopinion

Quote from: wh on December 02, 2014, 04:15:06 PM

Are you referring to the unused timeouts?
Beamin' Beacons

wh

Quote from: humbleopinion on December 02, 2014, 04:24:10 PM
Quote from: wh on December 02, 2014, 04:15:06 PM

Are you referring to the unused timeouts?

That's it. I don't know if I've ever heard of a game with 6 unused team timeouts.

valporun

From what I've read, since I missed this game, had MSU used any timeouts in the second half, Prohm would have probably been tossed for arguing calls from the first half.

vusupporter

wh

Murray State has won 13 consecutive games since their 93-58 loss to us on November 29th. They are 15-4 for the season and 5-0 in the OVC.