• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo (7-1) @ E. Kentucky (4-1), Wed. 12/03/14, 6:00 PM CT

Started by wh, December 01, 2014, 05:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

EKU comes into Wednesday's contest with a 4-1 record (2-1 vs. D-1 teams).  They defeated both Murray State and Belmont to win last year's OVC tournament, and are picked to finish 3rd in the OVC East this year behind Belmont and Morehead State. We are going to have to bring our A-game to prevail in this one.   

After playing 3 games in 3 days, traveling home, and now making a quick turnaround road trip, I'm more than a little concerned that our guys could come out flat on Wednesday.  We're about to find out how mentally tough this young group is at this early stage.

EKU message board:

http://www.maroon-nation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1798

covufan

I think this game and the IPFW game will both be tough road games. 

Valpo    71
EKU      70

valpo64

vu72

Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

bbtds

valporun

I also found the link that bbtds just posted. I first checked out espn.com for anything on ESPN 3.

vusupporter

That website called ValpoAthletics.com is usually a pretty good source to find video/audio links.  Just saying.

FWalum

It seems like there is a little lack of respect for the Crusaders and our past accomplishments on the EKU board.

QuoteValpo will be (surprisingly) a huge challenge, mixing defenses, I believe, will help us more than settling on our "base" defense.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

vusupporter

Remember when we shot almost 70% against them on national TV at the ARC two years ago?  That was fun, let's do that again.

valpotx

What has Eastern Kentucky done to warrant a comment like that about Valpo, especially when we beat them by 22 during the 2012-2013 season?? :o

Valpo 74
EKU 61
"Don't mess with Texas"

mj

This could be a trap game for Eastern Kentucky. They face Kentucky at Rupp after us.
I believe that we will win.

vu72

Quote from: mj on December 02, 2014, 06:13:41 AM
This could be a trap game for Eastern Kentucky. They face Kentucky at Rupp after us.

By definition, a "trap game" is a game you should win but end up overlooking it while anticipating the bigger opponent coming up on the schedule.  Valpo isn't the underdog here.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

historyman

http://www.ovcdigitalnetwork.com/watch/?Live=2064

Here is the actual website for the Valpo at EKU live video feed. It would have been easy to find the above website from the other website listed but I thought it would help some of the posters on this board.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

wh

Valparaiso heads to Eastern Kentucky riding best mark since 2007-08

http://posttrib.chicagotribune.com/sports/31429093-556/mens-basketball-valparaiso-heads-to-eastern-kentucky-riding-best-mark-since-2007-08.html#.VH6djr5FMZY

It should be noted that EKU's numbers are seriously inflated by 115-35 and 115-50 wins over non D-1 teams.  The numbers against their 3 D-1 opponents are respectible, but nothing like those mentioned in the article.   

LaPorteAveApostle

whoa WWII ended a lot more recently than i previously thought
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

wh

classof2014

I think these next 2 games will tell us how good we really are. Did we just have an incredibly strong weekend? Or are we really that good?

wh

Headed out the door shortly for an evening teaching assignment, so I'll have to rely on the telepathic ability of the brotherhood to will us to victory.  Good luck!

valpo4life

Subpar first half, but to be leading 32-30. I'll take it.

a3uge

The refs are calling it tight on perimeters, but absolutely nothing inside.

FWalum

This might be a bigger win than I realized, their announcer just stated that they have won 25 consecutive OOC home games!
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

valpotx

What a run to go up by 16 with 3:00 left!  Also, to the 2-3 posters on here that were bashing Vashil, as I have been saying the last 5 games, he is telling you that you can eattttttttttt itttttttttttt ;D
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

Valpo 72-66!  Walden will look better on the stat sheet than the game indicated, because he made several garbage time shots.  Carter did a heck of a job on him all day, Peters is shooting lights-out, and Vashil is proving his doubters wrong ;).  Pretty cool to end EKU's 25 game non-conference home win streak too!

Chef, you asked at the end of the game who thought that Valpo would be 8-1 at this point in the year, and you can look TX's way :).
"Don't mess with Texas"