• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

New Mexico at Valpo Sat Dec 6 7:05 pm CT

Started by justducky, December 03, 2014, 12:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpopal

Quote from: vu72 on December 05, 2014, 12:22:37 PM
Quote from: covufan on December 05, 2014, 11:37:40 AM
Is there an update on ticket sales for the Loss Lobos game?

Just checked and if my count is right there are still 103 seats available in the chairbacks and 182 in the reserved seating.  Upstairs I would guess about 100 seats sold at this point.  That, obviously is where the walk=up sales will be.  So if the lower level ends up sold out that is about 2500 seats (my guess).  If we get to 500 in the upper deck that gets to about 3000, plus students.  My guess at this point is about 3500.  Not good for a team of this quality. 

Unfortunately, things don't always occur as planned. When this game was originally slated, Steve Alford was the coach for New Mexico. Though I appreciate the new coach honoring the scheduling, I'm sure the game easily would have sold out in advance if Alford was still the coach.

HC

Who cares who Valpo is playing or who is coaching them....the Bucket Boys are worth the price of admission, regardless of how ridiculous that price may be to some posters.  :thumbsup:

I have to miss out on this one, trying to give my passes to let a friend experience a game (and then hopefully return on their dime).  My son sold a crazy amount of boy scout popcorn and earned free tickets (a pizza party, meet the team, go on the court) to the ND game that night. Rest assured, I will be following along on my wife's fancy phone (my flip phone apparently is outdated and I should be embarrassed to even have it my students tell me).

justducky

Quote from: FWalum on December 03, 2014, 10:52:42 PMGot my ticket tonight so there is one less seat available 
Given the number of seats available and the long lonely drive you will face if you come by yourself why not  hijack a bus load of people bring a busload of friends and release them at the ticket office window treat them to an evening of exciting basketball entertainment at the ARC.

i think 72s estimate of 3500 might be a little high. It is always difficult to guess the walk in crowd but my estimate is down in the under 3200 range. Every year that goes by has more of the old time crowd gone and not being replaced by the next generation.

valpo84

Rest assured, I will be following along on my wife's fancy phone (my flip phone apparently is outdated and I should be embarrassed to even have it my students tell me).
[/quote]

HC sounds like you belong to the retro-chic club with me. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/27/style/are-flip-phones-having-a-retro-chic-moment.html?_r=0
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

FWalum

Quote from: justducky on December 05, 2014, 01:16:29 PM
Quote from: FWalum on December 03, 2014, 10:52:42 PMGot my ticket tonight so there is one less seat available 
Given the number of seats available and the long lonely drive you will face if you come by yourself why not  hijack a bus load of people bring a busload of friends and release them at the ticket office window treat them to an evening of exciting basketball entertainment at the ARC.
Tried to get some guys to come with me but there is too much happening with all the holiday stuff and high school basketball. With the way we have started the season I just said the heck with it... got permission from the wife to skip one of her faculty get togethers and I am going to brave it by myself. 
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

valpopal

Quote from: FWalum on December 05, 2014, 03:03:19 PM

Tried to get some guys to come with me but there is too much happening with all the holiday stuff and high school basketball.

Speaking of holiday stuff, the game also is competing with the Christmas concert and dinner on campus that evening.

Kyle321n

Quote from: valpopal on December 05, 2014, 03:19:41 PM

Tried to get some guys to come with me but there is too much happening with all the holiday stuff and high school basketball.

Speaking of holiday stuff, the game also is competing with the Christmas concert and dinner on campus that evening.

I'm not sure if you mean Vespers, but that's actually the night before.

If I didn't have my Christmas party the night of Vespers, I'd run over to Kinkos print out 1000 flyers and hand them out to people as they were leaving, or possibly stick them on the windshield. "Come out and support Valparaiso's 8-1 Crusaders as they go against the best opponent to voluntarily come to the ARC in years! The game starts at 7!"

I'm guessing you could probably get 100-200 more people if you did something like that. Maybe offer a Vesper's discount? *hint hint nudge nudge*
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

beastkiller

I will be at the game with my girlfriend . So there will be four Canadian in the building .

bbtds

http://alumni.valpo.edu/s/1347/index.aspx?sid=1347&gid=1&pgid=1306&cid=2807&ecid=2807&crid=0&calpgid=61&calcid=1962

valpopal

Quote from: Kyle321n on December 05, 2014, 03:27:19 PM

I'm not sure if you mean Vespers, but that's actually the night before.

If I didn't have my Christmas party the night of Vespers, I'd run over to Kinkos print out 1000 flyers and hand them out to people as they were leaving, or possibly stick them on the windshield. "Come out and support Valparaiso's 8-1 Crusaders as they go against the best opponent to voluntarily come to the ARC in years! The game starts at 7!"

I'm guessing you could probably get 100-200 more people if you did something like that. Maybe offer a Vesper's discount? *hint hint nudge nudge*

No, I'm taking about the Christmas Concert and dinner on Saturday evening:

Valparaiso University Alumni Relations invites you to a buffet dinner following "A Carol Festival: The Valparaiso University Christmas Concert". Saturday, Dec. 6
5:00 p.m.- Christmas Concert in the Chapel of the Resurrection
6:45 p.m.- Dinner in the Center for the Arts (VUCA)Join fellow alumni, parents, Guild members, and friends of Valparaiso University for an evening of fellowship and celebration following the annual Valparaiso University Christmas Concert.  The evening will start with the concert at 5:00 p.m. in the Chapel of the Resurrection on the Valparaiso University campus followed by a buffet dinner in the Valparaiso University Center for the Arts. Dinner will include roast turkey, roast beef, whipped mashed potatoes, grilled zucchini and yellow squash, mixed green salad, and dessert.

agibson

Quote from: justducky on December 03, 2014, 12:24:35 AMAlmost no mezzanine sale

To my surprise, it looks like they're selling tickets in AA this year.  Not that there are any sold for this game, but they seem to be available for purchase.  Still not EE.

Did they change the policy for faculty/staff/student tickets?

agibson

Quote from: valpopal on December 05, 2014, 03:59:46 PMNo, I'm taking about the Christmas Concert and dinner on Saturday evening:

The concert hopefully won't conflict.  We're planning to do both. And, I have it from one of the principals that it'll be 90 minutes. 

But, yeah, looks like the dinner will conflict.

My first game of the season, now that they're back at home, not conflicting with soccer, and it jives with my schedule.  I'm looking forward to it!

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: agibson on December 05, 2014, 04:50:07 PMI have it from one of the principals that it'll be 90 minutes
That's great if true.  Now Vespers, I wouldn't believe that.

Back in the day my little sister called that "The Service of Carols and Lessons and Carols and Carols".
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

hailcrusaders

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on December 05, 2014, 05:34:56 PM
Quote from: agibson on December 05, 2014, 04:50:07 PMI have it from one of the principals that it'll be 90 minutes
That's great if true.  Now Vespers, I wouldn't believe that.

Back in the day my little sister called that "The Service of Carols and Lessons and Carols and Carols".

Vespers is next weekend. For whatever reason, this Christmas concert has taken place before Vespers over the last few years (sacrilege? The whole point of advent is to wait for Christmas). Regardless, it sounds like they're hoping the concert wil finish by 6:30, half an hour before tipoff. Present company aside, I don't think the clientele will overlap too much. Anyone who would shell out $20 for tickets would miss the dinner for the game. Pep band might be a little thin for the first few minutes though.

Students seem excited for it. Finals are the week after next, so it's a busy time of year, but it's the biggest nonconf home game of the year vs. a big name school, and a weekend night game.

Speaking of  students, this year's undergrad senior class will be the last ones to remember Butler games as students. How time flies, huh?
#CrusadersForever

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

bbtds

valpotx

I didn't know that Buck Futler tried to get out of the BB return game!  If they are offering a 2 for 1, we need to get over our issue with that being their only offer, and take it.  Please, let's beat the ever living $h!+ out of Buck Futler again!  I had way too much fun flying up to Valpo for that semifinal game against Buck Futler a few seasons ago.  Even my wife got into the Buck Futler spirit that day, and it was a heck of an atmosphere.  Buck....Futler, that is all.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUfan

thanks for the wright up,but I'm to cheep to buy one of those high priced tickets  :-[

Valpo by 6

vu72

Just checked the ticket site.  About 75 chairbacks and 75 reserve seats still available.  That's the good news.  The upper deck has maybe 100 seats sold in total as this point.  Obviously, that is where the walk-ups and faculty will be seated.  With a good student turnout it should be a very solid environment.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

hckjag

Will be getting my tickets at the door. 3 of us coming including a first timer...so hoping for an exciting game and Valpo victory!

Kyle321n

Quote from: hckjag on December 06, 2014, 10:06:03 AM
Will be getting my tickets at the door. 3 of us coming including a first timer...so hoping for an exciting game and Valpo victory!
Get tickets now so you're not stuck with bad upper deck seats
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer