• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Ball State at Valpo, Dec. 13

Started by valpopal, December 11, 2014, 10:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

Quote from: wh on December 14, 2014, 09:52:43 PMLast year there were tons of fans caught unaware in the aisles and walkways headed for their seats when the Anthem/WWII veteran ceremony started.

They had to get to bed early.  8-)

hailcrusaders

Quote from: wh on December 14, 2014, 04:08:37 PM
Quote from: valpopal on December 14, 2014, 11:09:58 AMExcerpt from the game report in the Fort Wayne News-Sentinel: The "ARC" is perfect Turn on a college basketball game on most given nights and what you'll often see are over-built arenas that are (at best) half full (and I'm being generous). Valparaiso's gym (Athletics-Recreation Center) is smaller, but not small. It's perfectly-sized for the Crusaders. The 3,188 fans filled up the arena Saturday to a large degree and were into the game loudly. Conversely, Ball State's Worthen Arena is beautiful to behold, but not to try and fill. The same could be said of programs like Indiana State, IUPUI, IPFW (at the Coliseum) Wright State and many others.
Always good to be reminded of how our tax dollars get wasted in every conceivable way.  (For the half who don't pay income taxes, please disregard.)

"For the half who don't pay *federal* income taxes, please disregard." FTFY. Even I pay state taxes earning minimum wage.
#CrusadersForever

valpopal

In an effort to return our focus back to the players' action on the court, I have posted more than 40 of my game photos from Valpo's win over Ball State. This was an image-rich game with a number of highlight plays, so there are quite a few interesting shots. The pictures can be viewed at the following: Enjoy! https://www.flickr.com/photos/96208998@N05/sets/72157649353097279/

FWalum

To my surprise Tom Davis of the Fort Wayne New Sentinel had extensive coverage of the Ball State Valpo game last weekend... all done from the Ball State perspective.  Does he hate VU that much or does he just not have a clue.
Difficult week gets harder Saturday for Ball State Hoops
Ball State Basketball isn't back yet, but it's coming
Ball State falls at Valpo: What we learned
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

wh

"Brad" heavily recruited Peters but then ran cold on him when Chrabascz showed interest in Butler. Ultimately, they chose Chrabascz over Peters and the rest is history. AP is a HL POY candidate; Chrabascz is a role player on what will again be a bottom feeding BE team. "Brad" heavily recruited Smits, then Miller ran cold on him in favor of a big kid from Ohio. Now Derrik is starting to come into his own, which will prove to be another Butler recruiting mistake to Valpo's benefit. Valpo is on the rise at its level. Butler has fallen off a cliff and they let 2 players that could have helped them climb out slip through their fingers in classic unforced error fashion. Now, what does this have to do with Davis?  Davis is a Butler alum and bb program worshiper. Rest assured that he is hoping for the worst for AP and Derrick so he won't have to admit that his precious Butler is making huge recruiting mistakes that will keep them in "Glory Days" mode long into the future.  He's not going to say anything positive about Valpo for fear that we will steal another of their recruits. He's never going to praise anything about the program that kicked his beloved Bulldogs around on their way out the HL door.

bbtds

I agree with most of your post except
Quote from: wh on December 19, 2014, 01:09:02 PMChrabascz is a role player on what will again be a bottom feeding BE team.

I don't agree that Butler is a bottom feeding BE team. They are 8-2 and should be middle of the pack to upper half of the conference.

wh

I'm well aware of their current record and who they've beaten. That will not translate into even a .500 BE record or an NCAA invite. What will happen is they may win 2 or 3 more than last year, then fall back down next year as the result of below average recruiting relative to their BE counterparts. Of course I'm hoping I'm wrong because the better they perform the better the HL looks. Whoops, that was the false narrative when they were still in the HL. In any event I always wish them and their endearing fans the best.

valpo64

Isn't it amazing that Butler will readily schedule Ball State, Indiana State, and Evansville(?) every year but will have nothing to do with VU?

bbtds

Quote from: wh on December 19, 2014, 01:57:10 PMI'm well aware of their current record and who they've beaten. That will not translate into even a .500 BE record or an NCAA invite.

I don't equate bottom feeding with "even a .500 record BE." To me bottom feeding is 2nd to last place or lower.